+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

a6prasad

May 3, 2019
Hi Guys,

Will be applying later on this year. Is the processing time around 2 years (was shocked when I saw the website) - is that the average time now? Also, does anyone have a link to a sheet which covers 2022 applicants? Curious to see how the timelines are!

Best Wishes to everyone!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi Guys,

Will be applying later on this year. Is the processing time around 2 years (was shocked when I saw the website) - is that the average time now? Also, does anyone have a link to a sheet which covers 2022 applicants? Curious to see how the timelines are!

Best Wishes to everyone!
2 yrs is on the extreme end. Most of the application gets processed in ~12 months
Sheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1_KE3Bu3C3gOyEm0mRVcJH9nEA2u2GOhfpUZOckOWmN0

Reactions: northern sunshine

a6prasad

May 3, 2019
2 yrs is on the extreme end. Most of the application gets processed in ~12 months
Sheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1_KE3Bu3C3gOyEm0mRVcJH9nEA2u2GOhfpUZOckOWmN0
Thank you very much forw.jane.

Reason I was asking is because after applying I am thinking of going back to my hometown for a month to visit my grandparents. In this case should I inform CIC that I left for a month? I feel like this might cause more delays to my application, is it better to be discreet and not report? (Obviously my PR status will be valid, card won't be expired etc. etc.)

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

Reason I was asking is because after applying I am thinking of going back to my hometown for a month to visit my grandparents. In this case should I inform CIC that I left for a month? I feel like this might cause more delays to my application, is it better to be discreet and not report? (Obviously my PR status will be valid, card won't be expired etc. etc.)
They had some rule to inform IRCC if you away for more than 2 weeks but I am not able to find link for the same. You can search the forum to find some discussion about it. Oath is one event for which you have to be in Canada. So it's upto you how you manage your one month vacation.

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
Please update on spreadsheet:

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1209
Application: Single
Application sent: January 10th, 2023
Delivered: Jan 10th, 2023
AOR: Jan 26th, 2023
CIC Tracker activation: Jan 28th, 2023
GUs: March 2, March 7, March 8, March 25 2023
Fingerprint request: March 23 2023
Fingerprints sent: March 24 2023
Test invitation: March 31st - April 20th 2023
Test completed on tracker: April 4 2023
Background check: In progress
Test: completed
Prohibitions: In progress
Language: In progress
Physical presence: In progress
Citizenship Oath: Not started

thank you :)

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Urgent Processing
what did you mention to get urgent processing? My passport expires end of this month and I plan to travel mid May but it's not death related as they mention on the website. Also cannot get a new passport of my home country as I need to finish military service papers and it's a bit complicated.

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
So my spouse got a fingerprint request (I think because she shares a surname with some 40% of her country fellows) on the tracker. The update happened today (30 Mar), but it says they sent out a request letter/email on 28 Mar. She hasn't received anything yet. On people's experience is it normal to have a delay and for the date inside the tracker to be off by some days?
So just an update in case anyone else is in the same boat. My spouse called the IRCC helpline today (got through third try, 14 minute wait!) and was told the following:
1. Email fingerprint requests should be received within 5 days of the date shown in the tracker. We were outside this window...
2. There was no explanation offered as to what happened, but the agent was going to put in a note to resend the request. She did double check the email id (which should have been fine anyway because we got the AoR previously)
3. Expect the email in the next 5 days - and if not received.... well can anyone say vicious circle?

No further action was being considered by the IRCC (they were just waiting on us), so if we had not called we could have been waiting ad infinitum.

RandomUser514

Mar 17, 2023
Quebec City

Nope, it's not a problem at this stage. I literally submitted my application at the airport before onboarding my flight and went to home country for one month exactly. Then I returned back and took citizenship exam and all is good. So don't worry!