+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

puneet5

Jul 9, 2017
Looking for suggestion :

My spouse did online single application and had her BG completed on tracker with date March 10th , and this was updated on March 14th. There has been nothing about test invite since then. Should She / Can she call IRCC or this is normal and below the threshold in terms of IRCC accepting calls on this kind of timeline.

Let me know what you guys think, more than the delay, the problem is that we are all psyched up about the test, and uncertainty is leading to too much tension in the house hold :)

My app was paper based and I just got the AOR in March so not worried about test yet and that may be contributing to the tension as well.
my test invite came approx. 20 days after the background complete. I believe you should get it in another week or so. Have patience!

Reactions: IG2020

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
Looking for suggestion :

My spouse did online single application and had her BG completed on tracker with date March 10th , and this was updated on March 14th. There has been nothing about test invite since then. Should She / Can she call IRCC or this is normal and below the threshold in terms of IRCC accepting calls on this kind of timeline.

Let me know what you guys think, more than the delay, the problem is that we are all psyched up about the test, and uncertainty is leading to too much tension in the house hold :)

My app was paper based and I just got the AOR in March so not worried about test yet and that may be contributing to the tension as well.
Many factors could cause apps delayed; AOR date , the office/officer who process the application, backlog demand on delivery time and big factor is the luck.
Overall no one can predict how IRCC process the apps , I know few people applied with urgency and their apps going slow however others applied without it and got faster results.

Calling IRCC ( might ) help you find out what's the current stage of your apps ; sometimes they are helpful sometimes not just say to you to keep waiting and checking the tracker status regularly but definitely will not make them working on your file to get it done fast.

Regarding the test from my own experience the questions are not easy but are not hard too, some need to review them carefully before giving the right answer. So you really need to be prepared very well and still you have time.

Hint, patience is the key with IRCC!

MAnkit

Dec 13, 2018
Citizenship Application
Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1105
Application: single
Application sent: JAN 01
Delivered : 1st Jan
AOR : 15th Jan
Background Complete : 9th March
----------------
Updates :
Test Invite : 29th March (Guys invitation mail comes after 2-3 of update on website)
Test Interview date : 31st March to 20th April (IRCC gives a window of 20 days. You can appear on any given day or time)
Test given and passed : 2nd April

Total time spent for preparation : 5 hours. Read PDF print 3 times. Test is very easy. Need not remember any dates. Just remember key stuff. No sports or freedom fighter names to be remembered. I scored 17 out of 20

Last edited:

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
----------------
Updates :
Test Invite : 29th March (Guys invitation mail comes after 2-3 of update on website)
Test Interview date : 31st March to 20th April (IRCC gives a window of 20 days. You can appear on any given day or time)
Test complete : 2nd April

Total time spent for preparation : 5 hours. Read PDF print 3 times. Test is very easy. Need not remember any dates. Just remember key stuff. No sports or freedom fighter names to be remembered. I scored 17 out of 20
You did the test on the 2nd or did it get updated on the tracker for the 2nd of April?

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hello guys
AOR 9th Feb 2023
Application submission date 30th Jan 2023
Online submission single applicant from Calgary Alberta
Test request completed March 20th
All got approved on 27th March 2023
Citizenship Ceremony in progress OATH CEREMONY on 24th April 2023
Wow. Submission to oath ceremony in roughly 3 months? Amazing!

Last edited:

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
Hello guys
AOR 9th Feb 2023
That's super fast , happy for you , but you definitely applied for urgency

Reactions: JensonP

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hello guys
AOR 9th Feb 2023
Congratulations! I hope the same happens with all other applications

$$harsh$$

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hello guys
AOR 9th Feb 2023
Unreallll!! Many Congratulations!! :D

Can you please confirm if you applied under Urgency category and can you share your processing office as well?

genyor

Star Member
Sep 1, 2019
Hello guys
AOR 9th Feb 2023
Congratulations