+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

benali

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Yes correct, that’s the basis of the RCMP fingerprint criminal check usually so you’re good :)
Yes I got the same thing from Vancouver office. However my application is from Toronto. I believe Vancouver is handling all fingerprints request.

I'm going to do my fingerprints on Friday. How long from the day you do it until its updated received on the tracker?

Reactions: Anonyref

amarwah

May 13, 2017
yes you will have to wait for the email as it will contain the right address where the FP will need to be sent. I believe you will also have to show the letter to the agency when you go give your fingerprints
Hello,
Did you provided the fingerprints to the accredited agency or does the local police can also collect the fingerprints?
How can we know that RCMP has received our fingerprints, is there a notification for that or a way to track and also to track when the results are shared with IRCC? Any updates in the tracker for the same?

Are FP requests randomly sent or only for selected cases/applicants?

Reactions: Anonyref

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
To answer the question from all three of you above

@Cpwr yes! Absolutely let’s be! As far as I was explained to plus research, an RCMP check has to be initiated within 48 hours from the RCMP, and if all is well, they send the results via regular mail to the desired office. The agency that took my fingerprints said: “the fingerprint results are issued from Ottawa and then sent out via regular mail to the address requested by IRCC” meaning the mailing time can make things a bit longer than expected. Regular mail from Ontario to BC can take at least 5-7 business days depending on conditions by Canada Post! So latest I can imagine them getting it should be the end of next week-ish! And thank you, I hope they get yours asap as well :)

@benali the information above should serve you as a guideline of how long it may take! Get it done at your earliest convenience, and if you’re lucky it should reflect in a few days. A friend of mine who also applied for citizenship had their fingerprints posted in 13 days, and subsequently had their BG completed :)

@amarwah The best place I would say to go to would be an accredited agency. Although you will have to pay 50+ dollars it’ll save you from the hassle of perhaps lining up/booking an appointment with the local police. I don’t personally know how it works with them, but feel free to enquire! Who knows, it may be easier than thought. As per the results, you may only inquire if they take longer than 3-4 weeks to get an update. If by then you don’t see it reflect in the online tracker/ecas, you can contact the RCMP and get an update. Once you give your fingerprints, you will receive a “DCN” number which is the identifier for your biometrics.
Fingerprints are yes random but also for people whose name I think may be common/someone with a similar name and DOB of yours has applied for citizenship as well and they want to differentiate you from that person.

Hope this helps clear your doubts :)

Reactions: Cpwr

Humitnrxjz

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
To answer the question from all three of you above

@Cpwr yes! Absolutely let’s be! As far as I was explained to plus research, an RCMP check has to be initiated within 48 hours from the RCMP, and if all is well, they send the results via regular mail to the desired office. The agency that took my fingerprints said: “the fingerprint results are issued from Ottawa and then sent out via regular mail to the address requested by IRCC” meaning the mailing time can make things a bit longer than expected. Regular mail from Ontario to BC can take at least 5-7 business days depending on conditions by Canada Post! So latest I can imagine them getting it should be the end of next week-ish! And thank you, I hope they get yours asap as well :)

@benali the information above should serve you as a guideline of how long it may take! Get it done at your earliest convenience, and if you’re lucky it should reflect in a few days. A friend of mine who also applied for citizenship had their fingerprints posted in 13 days, and subsequently had their BG completed :)

@amarwah The best place I would say to go to would be an accredited agency. Although you will have to pay 50+ dollars it’ll save you from the hassle of perhaps lining up/booking an appointment with the local police. I don’t personally know how it works with them, but feel free to enquire! Who knows, it may be easier than thought. As per the results, you may only inquire if they take longer than 3-4 weeks to get an update. If by then you don’t see it reflect in the online tracker/ecas, you can contact the RCMP and get an update. Once you give your fingerprints, you will receive a “DCN” number which is the identifier for your biometrics.
Fingerprints are yes random but also for people whose name I think may be common/someone with a similar name and DOB of yours has applied for citizenship as well and they want to differentiate you from that person.

Hope this helps clear your doubts :)
I did my finger prints at RCMP , never received any DCN number. Just a receipt

ISonya

Mar 10, 2019
Hi everyone,

I just signed into my tracker and noticed that my activity status has been updated to Citizenship Test since 2023-03-27. I am expected to take the test between April 3rd and April 24th but I haven’t received any emails yet.

Reactions: PGWWPP

pumbatech

Jul 2, 2020
Brampton
Category........
CEC
Status Update for excel tracker
------------------------------------------

Type: Online application
Processing Office: Scarborough, ON
Background Complete: 01st March, 2023
Test Invite Email: 21st March 2023
Test Interview Date: 24th March 2023
Test Completed and updated in tracker: 27th March 2023
Rest all other sections are In-progress except ceremony which is not started status. Last update date in online portal is 29th March 2023

Reactions: adbcca