+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
Hey guys, wanted to ask something about the test.

are there restrictions on what time you take the test? For example my test window is from March 31st… so does that mean I could hypothetically take it at 12AM of the 31st if I wanted to? Because that’s what I’m aiming for :p

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
Hey guys, wanted to ask something about the test.

are there restrictions on what time you take the test? For example my test window is from March 31st… so does that mean I could hypothetically take it at 12AM of the 31st if I wanted to? Because that’s what I’m aiming for :p
no restrictions. my window started on the 24th I started at 12:02am ET. night owl over here lol

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
no restrictions. my window started on the 24th I started at 12:02am. night owl over here lol
yep. No restriction as long as you do it within the window of the dates offered to you. You can do it at any time of the day. Also, ensure good lighting in the room if you do it at night. Daylight is preferred, but if you do it at night, you must also have good and sufficient light.

Reactions: PGWWPP and Anonyref

canyang

Feb 25, 2023
I'm not paper application but
I saw ur username and decided to check my status, guess what it's updated lol

Test taken March 13th,
Test completed March 25th (in the Application History it says updated in March 23rd)
Didn't expect it updated on Saturday

Thanks
Admin please update the spreadsheet, thank you

canyang

Feb 25, 2023
what's next after the test? I presume we need to wait till around July to get the ceremony done? I'm referring to the datapoints from last year

Jaywill

Oct 14, 2017
is it possible to go through the entire process without a tracker account? i am still unable to create one but im at the test phase (sent another webform with screenshot today) , so things are progressing. do fingerprints need to be uploaded to this online account?

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
is it possible to go through the entire process without a tracker account? i am still unable to create one but im at the test phase, so things are progressing. do fingerprints need to be uploaded to this online account?
Tracker is just for tracking, for your information only. There are no actions you can or are required to perform via the tracker. You should be fine without the tracker if you can receive emails from IRCC regarding the steps you need to complete and follow their instructions. However, the tracker is so much satisfying ;)

NiclasB

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
Got my test invite on March 24 and did it this morning. Got 20/20. Would definitely recommend using the citizenship test apps out there. It wasn't the exact same questions, but close enough. Happy that the process is going fast so far. Even though my tracker profile says they are waiting for information from me(old passport) that I sent in early February.

iammoe

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
How long for ecas to turn to "inprocess"

Paper application- sent Jan 30- Application filed on tracker March 06 - Received AOR email March 16

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
Also guys, how long does it take to receive test instructions? I haven’t received any email yet about the test. All I have is the info on the tracker :(

Besttee

Star Member
Nov 8, 2020
My paper application was returned due to a document missing from my partner after waiting for 2 months to get AOR. The said document was included initially, it’s strange how it got missing from their end. I have no doubt. I wonder why they don’t ask for the said copy to be uploaded online or email rather returning the whole docs. But we need to resend. It is an application for a group of 3 including a minor.

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
PAPER or ONLINE APPLICATION ?

Guys, any suggestions what is the best way to apply for citizenship in regards with the processing time and movement of application. Which one do you recommend, PAPER BASED or ONLINE BASED ? Thank you.

Just crowdsourcing