Background Check completed: February 28, 2023
Test Invitation received on March 6, Profile updated on March 8
Test Invite: March 13- April 3
Test Completed: March 13 (Score:18/20) but still showing in progress

Reactions: Ishanmehta777

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Hey, there, gang! People say the most challenging part of the test is taking a photo of the id. I am using a 2019 MacBook Pro with a 720p FaceTime HD camera; however, the image is not "perfect" not blurry, but a bit, I would say, grainy. I am worried about that. How was your experience with that?
Another question I read on the forum is that you cannot even touch your face during the test, move your head or neck at all, and maintain a "frozen" position with your neck. Jesus, what if you sneeze, cough, or involuntarily touch your beard while thinking about the question?
I would appreciate your insight on that. Thank you!

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Hey, there, gang! People say the most challenging part of the test is taking a photo of the id. I am using a 2019 MacBook Pro with a 720p FaceTime HD camera; however, the image is not "perfect" not blurry, but a bit, I would say, grainy. I am worried about that. How was your experience with that?
Another question I read on the forum is that you cannot even touch your face during the test, move your head or neck at all, and maintain a "frozen" position with your neck. Jesus, what if you sneeze, cough, or involuntarily touch your beard while thinking about the question?
I would appreciate your insight on that. Thank you!
My image was slightly blurry but still legible, so I figured it was good enough. Seems to have been fine considering I completed the test on the tracker without issue.

LOL I think people take things a little too seriously sometimes. The people (not robots) who review applications are human, too. I definitely made a face or two when taking the test, haha. The instructions actually say that you might be flagged if you DON'T move, since it may appear that you've set up an image in front of the camera instead of recording yourself. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/before.html#detect

Reactions: Dr. Walden

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
My image was slightly blurry but still legible, so I figured it was good enough. Seems to have been fine considering I completed the test on the tracker without issue.

LOL I think people take things a little too seriously sometimes. The people (not robots) who review applications are human, too. I definitely made a face or two when taking the test, haha. The instructions actually say that you might be flagged if you DON'T move, since it may appear that you've set up an image in front of the camera instead of recording yourself. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/before.html#detect
Nice! Thank you for sharing your experience! This is way too much, though! Move, but, don't move. I am literally training now, not for answering questions, but for sitting and looking at the screen without rolling my eyes up when I am thinking of a question, which I usually do when I am thinking about stuff. Maybe I am overthinking things...

Shaif_05

Nov 20, 2015
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
United Arab Emirates
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2017
LANDED..........
01-08-2017
Applied for spouse and child.

Type: Paper
Physical Presence Days: 1277
Application: Family (Adult + Minor)
Application submitted: Jan 30
AOR: Waiting

I still haven’t gotten an AOR. The application was received on Jan 30. Is it normal for it to take this long for AOR?
Any ideas on this?

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
I haven’t got any update since my last ghost update on March 8th. My file is still in progress with everything else in progress. Should I be concerned?