January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
At the time it was a No
Most of the January 2023 applicants will have to check the following:
Do you need to file taxes for 2022? - YES
Have you filed it? - NO

The reason is you can only file taxes starting from February 20, 2023 (Monday).

By the time IRCC reviews your Prohibitions and taxes filing, more likely, you will have your 2022 taxes filed. You should be fine as long as you file them and there are no discrepancies.

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
It wouldn't be a bad idea to give females a headstart. :DAfter all, they've some catching up to do looking at when they got their suffrage rights. ;)
I understand where you are coming from, and I support you on some level, but the law is the law ;) On the other hand, as a gentleman - women and children always come first :)

The CHRA, 1977, states that all Canadians have the right to equality, equal opportunity, fair treatment, and an environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (added in 2017), marital status and family status, in employment and the provision of goods, services, ...

tmahajan

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
Hi Admin,

Please add my entry to the tracker:

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1149
Application: Family(number of family members)- 2
Application sent : 19th Jan 2023
Application delivered: 27th Jan 2023
AOR: PENDING

Invaluablekiwi

Sep 19, 2019
Anyone know if it's possible to request to attend an in-person oath ceremony? It's not really the same doing it over a webcam like I'm in a work meeting.

Reactions: Dr. Walden

qwertas

Dec 16, 2018
Hello everyone. Is it normal that I cannot create an account for a minor? For adults there were no issues

MFMsgk

Jul 7, 2017
scheduled for test this morning (test period: March 24-April 13)! BG is still in progress.
I had the same thing today when I checked my tracker, is that normal? I thought bg should be completed first before they initiate test step. Anyone had the same system behavior?