+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Brilliant113

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
Guys I received AOR and an email asking as to why i did not submit a PCC for India although i lived in India for more than 183 days. But i heard you do not need a PCC if its your Birth/home country. Is it not true ? Please help me understand as to what to do now. I applied for my citizenship and left to usa last week. Appreciate y0our responses!!!!
Was your application online?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step3

Indicate in the chart the name of each country and provide a police certificate.

You don’t need to provide a police certificate if

• you were in your country of origin immediately prior to becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada, and
  • this time falls within the past 4 years

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
Guys I received AOR and an email asking as to why i did not submit a PCC for India although i lived in India for more than 183 days. But i heard you do not need a PCC if its your Birth/home country. Is it not true ? Please help me understand as to what to do now. I applied for my citizenship and left to usa last week. Appreciate y0our responses!!!!
What did you fill in application submission ? If you lived in home country before you became PR, you have to still say "Yes I lived in another country for more than 183 days" and then in next field which appears you can say I dont need to submit the PCC as this was me being in my home country. Did you fill like that ? I hope you didnt directly fill as "I did not stay in a country for more than 183 days".

Another possibility.

Did you live in India for more than 183 days after you landed in Canada (i.e. Soft landing or long vacation?) in that case you need to submit PCC.

Birudu

Jul 16, 2018
Update this morning 09th march

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1096
Application: Single
Application sent: January 02, 2023
Delivered: 02January 02, 2023
AOR: Today 20th January 2023
Ghost update 02 March 2023
Background Check completed 01st March 2023
09 March Citizenship Test updated to in progress in my tracker , window 17 March - 06 April 2023
Hi,
Can you please let me know if you have marked tax filed for 2022 as YES or NO.

thank you