+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

aghuman

Jul 18, 2018
Hey
Application submitted 19 feb
I just want to know how much time they are taking for whole process.
And can we travel to india within the process what is the procedure?

vivo

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
Please add to tracker

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1,102
Application: Family(4)
Application sent: 8 January 2023
Delivered: 11 January 2023
AOR: Pending

vivo

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
So looks like I will be waiting until March to receive AOR. My friend who completed the same masters as I did and has been in step with me over the past 5 years applying for PGWP, CSQ, then PR applied online for her citizenship at the end of November, received her AOR and invitation to test and passed her test yesterday - less than 3 months. Seems unfair that because we are a family and have to apply on paper then face prolonged delays!

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
So looks like I will be waiting until March to receive AOR. My friend who completed the same masters as I did and has been in step with me over the past 5 years applying for PGWP, CSQ, then PR applied online for her citizenship at the end of November, received her AOR and invitation to test and passed her test yesterday - less than 3 months. Seems unfair that because we are a family and have to apply on paper then face prolonged delays!
Be grateful that this country is granting you citizenship. Waiting for a year or two is a small price to pay for the privilege of obtaining citizenship. Naturalization is not a right, and you must understand this before thinking about fairness and making comparisons with your friends.

vivo

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
Be grateful that this country is granting you citizenship. Waiting for a year or two is a small price to pay for the privilege of obtaining citizenship. Naturalization is not a right, and you must understand this before thinking about fairness and making comparisons with your friends.
And that told me! Hope you feel better now that you have had opportunity to give your little sermon :rolleyes:

Reactions: adbcca

GTAIndian

Jul 24, 2022
Naturalization is not a right, but freedom of thought, belief and expression are granted as rights.

Reactions: adbcca

li-kowa

Star Member
Jun 19, 2018
Hello Admin
I am sorry, I did not add my tracker date to the update I submitted. My AOR was Jan 23, and Tracker was opened on Jan. 25. Sorry I left the tracker out. Thanks

BrayZe

Feb 21, 2023
Hello - new application here :

Physical Days: 1,688
Method: Online
Applicants: Single
Application sent: January 06, 2023
AOR:January, 20th 2023
Tracker Sign-up email : feb 1st 2023

ISSUE : Cant login or create new account with the tracker - technical difficulties email sent to IRCC on 21st feb 2023

niveditha024

Jul 10, 2018
Thanks for your reply. I was able to create the tracker account after my AOR (was laughing at the stupidity - like how many more logins do we have to create), got my spouse's AOR email today morning with the application # and was able to create her tracking account as well.

Now, we will be waiting for my kid's AOR as submitted paper application for him alone.
Hello, Do we use the form 5(1) or form 5(2) for applying for minor's citizenship? My citizenship application is in progress(I applied online) and my spouse is yet to apply. Thank you.

K8V

Jun 28, 2019
Hi I want to clarify the Citizenship application Question: Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?

My husband and I lived and worked in Dubai, UAE since 2014. Then landed in Canada as PR on Feb 27 2020.

Since we only have to declare between the eligibility period 2018-2023, does this mean we have to declare all of our travel even just for short term visits/tourism between that period? For example we travelled to Armenia, Korea and the Philippines (our home country where we hold Citizenship in) between 2018- 2023. Then for the times that we are not travelling outside Dubai should we just specify those dates as Worker?

E.g. Feb 2018-April 2018 - Dubai, UAE - Status: Worker
Apr 1, 2018-Apr 7, 2018-Armenia Status: Other (then in the notes section type in "Tourist"
Apr 7, 2018-Nov 19, 2019- South Korea Status: Other (then in the notes section type in "Tourist"
Nov 19, 2019-Dec 20, 2019-Dubai, UAE Status: Worker
Dec 21, 2019-Dec 27, 2019-Philippines -Status: Other (then in notes type in "Visit to Home country"
Dec 27, 2019-Feb 5, 2020 -Dubai, UAE Status: Worker

Does this sound right? Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019
Hello, Do we use the form 5(1) or form 5(2) for applying for minor's citizenship? My citizenship application is in progress(I applied online) and my spouse is yet to apply. Thank you.
If the minor will be submitting a paper application along with your spouse, use form 5(2)