+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

DS1990

Star Member
Jun 24, 2019
Can someone explain to me how some people got their background completed and a test invite after only one month of submitting their application? I mean is it because their application straight forward or just random luck?
Many of the December applications done with the background check / received an invitation to the test.

IG2020

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
For Paper Applicants waiting for AOR - I called into IRCC today just before 4 PM. On the phone the automated message mentioned that applications that have been received prior to Jan 14th 2023 are being processed. I still stayed on the call for the Agent and the Agent confirmed to me that they are processing applications received till Dec 7th 2022 and my application which was received on Jan 31st 2023 is still not in the system.

I was able to confirm that they have my right email address on file. So not a total waste. Hope it helps other folks looking at this thread more than it did to me :)

Reactions: abo0286

tue2017

Oct 6, 2017
For Paper Applicants waiting for AOR - I called into IRCC today just before 4 PM. On the phone the automated message mentioned that applications that have been received prior to Jan 14th 2023 are being processed. I still stayed on the call for the Agent and the Agent confirmed to me that they are processing applications received till Dec 7th 2022 and my application which was received on Jan 31st 2023 is still not in the system.

I was able to confirm that they have my right email address on file. So not a total waste. Hope it helps other folks looking at this thread more than it did to me :)
I guess the agent looked up details from here
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

SszZTkmZ

Star Member
Aug 29, 2021

IRCC lines are always clogged. Just wait and wait. It is less than 1 year, so no point in calling.

SayMyName

Feb 18, 2023
Hi All,

My paper application was delivered around Jan 11th but I have not received AOR yet. I am curious if any other paper applicant is waiting with similar timelines is waiting for AOR too? And what could be cause of delay?

Thanks

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hi All,

My paper application was delivered around Jan 11th but I have not received AOR yet. I am curious if any other paper applicant is waiting with similar timelines is waiting for AOR too? And what could be cause of delay?

Thanks
Paper applications take around 60 days for AOR after delivery... AOR for online applications are around 10 days

Reactions: aamool and JensonP

Sobiamirza

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
Physical Days: 1,100
Method: Paper
Applicants: 4 applicants
Application sent: January 14, 2023
AOR:Waiting