+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
You do NOT need to submit the PCC at all. Watch this video for more help!

Good luck :)
Thank you, wish you the same...I have one doubt.. In the video shared by you, it says the police certificate must have been issued, after the last you were in that country or territory and no more than six months before the date you sign your citizenship application. SO
You do NOT need to submit the PCC at all. Watch this video for more help!

Good luck :)
Thank you, wish you the same bro!

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Thank you, wish you the same...I have one doubt.. In the video shared by you, it says the police certificate must have been issued, after the last you were in that country or territory and no more than six months before the date you sign your citizenship application. SO

Thank you, wish you the same bro!
Hi, so essentially, since the day you've landed in Canada, if you've left Canada and lived in a different country more longer than 6 months, you'll need a PCC. If the answer is no, than you don't need PCC.

Reactions: navkrish

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Hey everyone. Regarding PCC, it says that if you have lived in any country outside of Canada in the 4 years before you sign the application. Now my question is, is country of origin the same as country of citizenship? Most of us that apply for citizenship after completing 3 years in Canada, means that the first of the 4 years was outside Canada. In my case, country of citizenship is Pakistan, but the country I moved here from was UAE. I have visited UAE several times (for few weeks) since i moved here. Do i still have to provide a PCC from Dubai or it is considered as country of origin. Dubai PCC was submitted when applying for express entry.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hey everyone. Regarding PCC, it says that if you have lived in any country outside of Canada in the 4 years before you sign the application. Now my question is, is country of origin the same as country of citizenship? Most of us that apply for citizenship after completing 3 years in Canada, means that the first of the 4 years was outside Canada. In my case, country of citizenship is Pakistan, but the country I moved here from was UAE. I have visited UAE several times (for few weeks) since i moved here. Do i still have to provide a PCC from Dubai or it is considered as country of origin. Dubai PCC was submitted when applying for express entry.
it's where you moved from - don't need new PCC. Check the citizenship guide that's pinned at the top of the citizenship forum for the wording that you need to use. Visited for few weeks doesn't matter as long as it is under 6 months. More than 6 months you'll need a new PCC - 6 months at one go.

purna_b

Aug 19, 2019
Hello everyone ! I am now eligible for citizenship application and am considering applying online for convenience. I see some people say that paper applications are processed faster than online applications. Could anyone please help me with the following questions

1. Why does an online application have an AOR. Shouldn't it be instantaneous ?
2. Can we choose which office our online/paper has to go to ?
3. Anyone heard of online applications getting processed with similar timelines as paper applications?

Thanks in advance !

Wishing everyone all the best with their application !

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hello everyone ! I am now eligible for citizenship application and am considering applying online for convenience. I see some people say that paper applications are processed faster than online applications. Could anyone please help me with the following questions

1. Why does an online application have an AOR. Shouldn't it be instantaneous ?
2. Can we choose which office our online/paper has to go to ?
3. Anyone heard of online applications getting processed with similar timelines as paper applications?

Thanks in advance !

Wishing everyone all the best with their application !
1. They still need to check you have uploaded the correct supporting documents. So AOR is a necessary step even for online applicants
2. No. IRCC will decide the office where your application will be processed after Centralised Intake Office (CIO) Sydney, NS initiates a background check and issues your AOR
3. FY 2022-23 (ends March 30, 2023), the ATIP shows IRCC allocated more decision targets for paper applicants. But that can change very quickly. Currently September 2022 paper and online applicants are seeing similar processing with respect to background check and tests. Also, online applications are currently receiving AOR in 15-20 days where as paper applications are taking 60 days for AOR. IRCC is unpredictable and can very well decide to prioritise online applications over paper for FY 2023-24. It is hard to say, there are no guarantees

Reactions: rushi.gada

purna_b

Aug 19, 2019
1. They still need to check you have uploaded the correct supporting documents. So AOR is a necessary step even for online applicants
2. No. IRCC will decide the office where your application will be processed after Centralised Intake Office (CIO) Sydney, NS initiates a background check and issues your AOR
3. FY 2022-23 (ends March 30, 2023), the ATIP shows IRCC allocated more decision targets for paper applicants. But that can change very quickly. Currently September 2022 paper and online applicants are seeing similar processing with respect to background check and tests. Also, online applications are currently receiving AOR in 15-20 days where as paper applications are taking 60 days for AOR. IRCC is unpredictable and can very well decide to prioritise online applications over paper for FY 2023-24. It is hard to say, there are no guarantees
Hi Shiremag, Thanks a lot for your detailed answers :) Answer to my 3rd question in particular is very very helpful. Appreciate it !

pumbatech

Jul 2, 2020
Brampton
Category........
CEC
Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1103
Application: Single
Application Submitted: January 4, 2023
Delivered: Not Applicable
AOR Receipt: January 23, 2023

Please add to the tracker @shiremag

Nemesis_M6

Jan 28, 2020
Can someone please add my details to the sheet?
Type: Online
ID: Nemesis_M6
Physical Presence days: 1132
Application sent/Delivered: January 10, 2023

sk1984indian

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2014
BEDFORD
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30th July 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge Date : 8th Nov 2014
Nomination.....
PER Date : 25th Nov
AOR Received.
Processing started on 19th Feb 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application
File Transfer...
30th Dec 2014
Med's Request
14th Mar 2015
Med's Done....
Completed medicals : 20th Mar 2015, Medicals uploaded : 27th Mar 2015, 3rd line update (Medical results received) : 31st Mar 2015
Interview........
Hopefully waived :) :)
Passport Req..
PPR : 4th May 2015, DM : 5th May, Passport Sent : 6th May, Passport Received : 23rd May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th May 2015
LANDED..........
4th September 2015
This is my spouse's application

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1182
Application sent: January 22nd 2023

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
My representative mailed off my application this afternoon!

Name: AmericanWife
Application Type : Paper
Physical Presence Days: 1818
Application: single
Application mailed: January 17, 2023
Application delivered:
AOR:

Would I be the Calgary office? Sent to Sydney, NS but my local office would be Calgary.
Now we wait! Good luck to everyone.
App delivered: January 23rd