+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

sachampify

Aug 28, 2023
If the e-certificate is not available yet, please make sure you submitted the affirmation of citizenship form at the end of cermony (if it is a virtual cermony). Sometimes the corresponding office takes a day or two to process the affirmation of citizenship forms. Once done, it can be downloaded via the IRCC portal.

Srikanth99

Feb 24, 2022
If the e-certificate is not available yet, please make sure you submitted the affirmation of citizenship form at the end of cermony (if it is a virtual cermony). Sometimes the corresponding office takes a day or two to process the affirmation of citizenship forms. Once done, it can be downloaded via the IRCC portal.
Hey , I submitted the oath form during my ceremony and they responded back saying that I have to do it after my oath. I resubmitted after my oath and got the acknowledgment. But I’m still unable to download the certificate.

sachampify

Aug 28, 2023
then waiting is the only option, else you can send the email to them after 1-2 days saying you have not received your oath certificate. Most likely the officer is slow in updating the oath forms.

Srikanth99

Feb 24, 2022
then waiting is the only option, else you can send the email to them after 1-2 days saying you have not received your oath certificate. Most likely the officer is slow in updating the oath forms.
Thank you for the response. Do we see any status change on our tracker once the certificate is ready to download / when they close the application ?

PandaOnCloud

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
Thank you for the response. Do we see any status change on our tracker once the certificate is ready to download / when they close the application ?
Just downloaded certificates this morning. There is no indication on tracker to show download is available. Funny thing is there still 'Oath not Start' message on my tracker :D Once summitting oath form, should be pretty quick. Did oath yesterday via Halifax video session.

Reactions: rushi.gada

Srikanth99

Feb 24, 2022
Just downloaded certificates this morning. There is no indication on tracker to show download is available. Funny thing is there still 'Oath not Start' message on my tracker :D Once summitting oath form, should be pretty quick. Did oath yesterday via Halifax video session.
Good to know that you have received the certificate. I did my oath with Scarborough office through zoom call. I'm not sure if it really depends on the office.

ManiNivi

Star Member
May 22, 2020
I am still waiting for my interview to be re-scheduled as I was unable to attend the one that was scheduled back in June 27. (Went to visit my newborn child)
The same day after getting the interview email, I did request IRCC to re-schedule as per email instruction & received a response saying "I am in the queue to be re-scheduled" only on Aug 08.

But, I haven't received any update after that. I have submitted the web form as well....but, still no response.

Does anyone know if there is any other procedure to follow up ?

NoCanDo

Sep 21, 2023
I am still waiting for my interview to be re-scheduled as I was unable to attend the one that was scheduled back in June 27. (Went to visit my newborn child)
The same day after getting the interview email, I did request IRCC to re-schedule as per email instruction & received a response saying "I am in the queue to be re-scheduled" only on Aug 08.

But, I haven't received any update after that. I have submitted the web form as well....but, still no response.

Does anyone know if there is any other procedure to follow up ?
Hi there, first time poster. My wife is in the same position. She asked to reschedule an interview that was initially scheduled for a date when she was out of the country. The initial date was June 30. Its been almost 3 months now and we are still waiting for a new date. It sucks a lot. Now I recommend to anyone who will listen, that if possible, never postpone anything when it comes to these guys. We've emailed (Montreal office), sent multiple webforms and still nothing. I am not sure that there's much else we can do except wait.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: scvcan

aderibs

Oct 27, 2010
Hi all,

I have a few questions.

1. Does anyone have the email address of IRCC MISSISSAUGA ?

2. My BG passed Apr 14 and Test Apr 17, my wife Test Apr 24 and her BG May 11, but LPP still not started in both (according to gcms)I want to send an email to ask for an update, Is it worth sending them an email or should I just wait?

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Well, here we are! It's been a full 6 months since the last update in my application, with no further updates. :') I guess I may as well renew my PR card. It's a shame because I feel like I'm holding back on making any big life decisions until I know my citizenship is secure.

• Sad
Reactions: rushi.gada and Au5

rohitrmehta

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Well, here we are! It's been a full 6 months since the last update in my application, with no further updates. :') I guess I may as well renew my PR card. It's a shame because I feel like I'm holding back on making any big life decisions until I know my citizenship is secure.
In exact same boat as you. 6 months since the last update. LPP "In-progress" on tracker but 'Not started' in GCMS notes. I tried sending an email to CTD-Sydney (My primary office based on GCMS Notes) on CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry@cic.gc.ca and it bounced. I tried sending an email to CPC-CTD Ottawa at CPC-CTD-Ottawa (CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca) and it failed too, I don't have 'permission' to send email to this ID. So not sure what to do and make of this.

In my last GCMS notes, Location changed from e-Grants PE to e-Attribution. Not sure what to make of that.

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
In exact same boat as you. 6 months since the last update. LPP "In-progress" on tracker but 'Not started' in GCMS notes. I tried sending an email to CTD-Sydney (My primary office based on GCMS Notes) on CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry@cic.gc.ca and it bounced. I tried sending an email to CPC-CTD Ottawa at CPC-CTD-Ottawa (CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca) and it failed too, I don't have 'permission' to send email to this ID. So not sure what to do and make of this.

In my last GCMS notes, Location changed from e-Grants PE to e-Attribution. Not sure what to make of that.
it's a good thing, LPP coming soon.

aderibs

Oct 27, 2010

Hi all, I got my gcms notes, and I can't find anywhere they wrote e-Grant or e-Attribution, please what does that mean?