+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
Has anyone had their post be put on invisible until moderator appproval? I tried to post a clever joke about the hobbies suggested to me. Lol

ironhead

Jun 8, 2023
Hi Folks!

Received my oath invite! My base location has been British Columbia and my PO has also been Vancouver but I received this email from Edmonton.

I have a question please! Can i attend the oath from anywhere in Canada or it has to be BC? I am in Ottawa and would like to do it from Ottawa.

Please share confirmed information.

Thank you!

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Hi Folks!

Received my oath invite! My base location has been British Columbia and my PO has also been Vancouver but I received this email from Edmonton.

I have a question please! Can i attend the oath from anywhere in Canada or it has to be BC? I am in Ottawa and would like to do it from Ottawa.

Thank you!
anywhere in Canada

Reactions: ironhead

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
Hi Folks!

Thank you!
Congratulations!!
you should be able to attend the oath from anywhere in Canada.

ironhead

Jun 8, 2023
Hi Folks,

Forgive me if this is a broken record, have a query please: do i need a guarantor to sign for the passport application? I'll be opting for the e-certificate. I remember reading that guarantor is not needed as part of some new program.

Thanks!

RESCUE EAGLE

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023
Hi there,
I was scheduled for interview with official Aug03, which happened today,
It was like 15 minutes , she asked some questions about R u in Canada now , ur job , check for sure 2 of myb IDs , original copy of passports,
The officer was so nice in general.,any way at the end of the interview, she told me that I should wait for the decision in the next 3 to 4 weeks ,and I have to keep checking my email for that , she also mention that the oath ceremony may happen in 4 months from now and i have to keep checking for new emails,

My Question is:
Is that's normal info for ppl having the interview, I meant the time lines she gave me about making decision and cermoney as i thought that the decision should be done in the interview or by the end of it?,
and my other Q is:
when and what shall I expect of any updates on my file processing., as so far my file processing was moving in very good speed
Here is my processing time line:
* Applied:March15,2023
* Online application
* AOR March30,2023
* Processing Begun March30,2023
* May11, CITIZENSHIP TEST CHANGE TO PROCESSING
* Test invitation: May19,2023
* Test done, May26,2023
* Test changed to completed May30,2023
* BG changed to processing:May19,2023
* Fingerprint asked :May19,2023
* Finger print done May24,
* Finger print shows completed , July11,2023
* interview required,July11,2023
Interview Date was Today August 03,2023 ( done).
* PPL : all in processing from almost 2 months
* Cermony : didnt started yet.
Plz tell me when and what shall I expected next From ur experience ?

Yaa, I'm from NS and processing center is Montreal as it showed in FP invitation

Reactions: rushi.gada

P@ssw0rd1

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am done with my Citizenship Oath.. Such a beautiful feeling it is..

Started at 9 AM PST and completed by 10:20 AM.

I'm a CANADIAN CITIZEN now

Thank you everyone for all your support!!
Oath completed on - August 1st
e- certificate downloaded on - August 2nd
Applied for passport- August 3rd
Passport pick up scheduled for- August 8th

Surrey/Vancouver Office.