Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Hubby's application:

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: over asking lol (been here since 2013 with no major travels)
Application: Single
Application sent: January 26, 2023
Delivered: January 26, 2023
AOR: Waiting

Please add me to the tracking sheet please :)
That's a long time! What made you/your hubby finally decide to apply for citizenship?

june394

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
Applied today for my mother-in-law. Can someone please add this info to the spreadsheet?

Name: Laleh
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1163.5
Application: Single
Application sent: January 27, 2023

Thanks and good luck to fellow Jan applicants!

Last edited:

IG2020

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Hi, when I submitted the app I had chosen the option of e certificate for citizenship
IN PROCESS: JAN 27
wow that’s fast . Is that the time line now for AOR ( in about 2 weeks ) for online app? Does any one know if it’s different for paper app ?

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
AOR: Jan 26th, 2023

please kindly update this information in the tracker
I was able to create an account for the online tracker today! Please update this if necessary in tracker

AOR: 26th Jan 2023
Tracker sign up: 28th Jan 2023
Tracker status: All in process

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Hey everyone. Regarding PCC, it says that if you have lived in any country outside of Canada in the 4 years before you sign the application. Now my question is, is country of origin the same as country of citizenship? Most of us that apply for citizenship after completing 3 years in Canada, means that the first of the 4 years was outside Canada. In my case, country of citizenship is Pakistan, but the country I moved here from was UAE. I have visited UAE several times (for few weeks) since i moved here. Do i still have to provide a PCC from Dubai or it is considered as country of origin. Dubai PCC was submitted when applying for express entry.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hey everyone. Regarding PCC, it says that if you have lived in any country outside of Canada in the 4 years before you sign the application. Now my question is, is country of origin the same as country of citizenship? Most of us that apply for citizenship after completing 3 years in Canada, means that the first of the 4 years was outside Canada. In my case, country of citizenship is Pakistan, but the country I moved here from was UAE. I have visited UAE several times (for few weeks) since i moved here. Do i still have to provide a PCC from Dubai or it is considered as country of origin. Dubai PCC was submitted when applying for express entry.
Did you apply for the PR from country of citizenship(Pakistan) or from UAE?

Looks like similar question was asked before - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/country-of-origin.723483/
and it seems the process to get PCC from UAE is not cumbersome.

Make an informed decision.

Reactions: saad_im

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
Hey guys,

obvious question probably… but if you get the AOR, that means an officer has checked the application and it is complete, therefore not missing any document/information correct?

just wanna make sure I don’t have to send anything else at this point that may be missing now that I got the AOR

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hey guys,

obvious question probably… but if you get the AOR, that means an officer has checked the application and it is complete, therefore not missing any document/information correct?

just wanna make sure I don’t have to send anything else at this point that may be missing now that I got the AOR
Right. But it is not detailed verification. During further processing if they feel the need for additional doc like Full Passport Copy, PCC etc. they may ask for it. Does not happen in every case. Just a select few.