+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Outland - Online

Mrmoody90

May 25, 2017
Hey everyone,
I submitted my application in August 2021, but returned due to missing documents in September 2021.

Resubmitted January 2022, finally delivered but not signed by anyone at the time of delivery like last time it was signed by Terri (CL) citz.

is it normal ??
If anyone can help thanks

Moji64

Dec 31, 2021
I am applying for my spouse next week!
Still doubt to do it by paper or online!
I will be happy if you have any information.

Good luck guys

sidd200970

Jul 4, 2014
ONTARIO
Category........
Other
I am getting married in Feb 2022, is there something I should prepare as far as documentation is concerned, so that I could apply PR sponsorship for my wife?
Any directions or link to the document required for spousal sponsorship?

YULpj

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Getting married next week, I’m wondering have most of used the help of an immigration lawyer?

kk240391

Star Member
Oct 28, 2021
I am getting married in Feb 2022, is there something I should prepare as far as documentation is concerned, so that I could apply PR sponsorship for my wife?
Create an online profile, answer few questions and it will point you in right direction.

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Start gathering all the info you might need. Download the checklist from the IRCC website and start collecting the proof you will need for your relationship. My husband and I got married in August 2021 and didn't submit until Dec. It took us 4 months to get all of our stuff together and that was being organized. Things are slower now during Covid so things like criminal record checks and birth certificates (if you lost yours like my husband did) take longer to process.

Last edited:

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Getting married next week, I’m wondering have most of used the help of an immigration lawyer?
Depends on the complexity of your application. Most people don't use a lawyer, nor do they need one. Just follow the Guide and you will be fine. This forum is great for any questions you may have while putting your app together.

Reactions: comarxx

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
I am applying for my spouse next week!
Still doubt to do it by paper or online!
I will be happy if you have any information.

Good luck guys
Like @kk240391 said, the online apps are lagging about a month for AOR1 (averaging ~65 days for paper and ~100 days for online). From the data it seems they start catching up with paper apps during the biometrics/medical requests. Beyond that we don't know as it is a pilot program and was only launched a few months ago.

Reactions: armoured

YULpj

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Depends on the complexity of your application. Most people don't use a lawyer, nor do they need one. Just follow the Guide and you will be fine. This forum is great for any questions you may have while putting your app together.
thank you :)

Also can someone clarify, I read somewhere that if you haven’t been married for 2 years it makes the process more difficult to convince the IRCC that it’s genuine? I been dating (long distance) since 2018 does that count? Been many time to his country pre pandemic