+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Outland - Online

Swappy

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
Hey did u submit ur passport?
Yes we did immediately via VFS 2 way blue dart service. It reached IRCC on 20th. Now another wait has started. Still says on VFS tracking that it's under process. How about you , when did you guys submit and what's the status ?

mili_0923

Oct 26, 2021
Yes we did immediately via VFS 2 way blue dart service. It reached IRCC on 20th. Now another wait has started. Still says on VFS tracking that it's under process. How about you , when did you guys submit and what's the status ?
Wow same , it got at ircc on sept 20. And its showing in process. My husband said we may get updates on tuesday or Wednesday as they keep the passport at ircc for at least 7 business days. Let me know. Our timeline is so similar. All the best.

Reactions: Swappy

Swappy

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
Wow same , it got at ircc on sept 20. And its showing in process. My husband said we may get updates on tuesday or Wednesday as they keep the passport at ircc for at least 7 business days. Let me know. Our timeline is so similar. All the best.
Best of luck, please let me know once you hear anything, likewise I will let you know if we get any notification. We are just so tired of one wait after another, it’s been months since we actually enjoyed a weekend instead of eagerly waiting for next Monday lol.

And yes, fingers crossed this is the week they dispatch it.

mili_0923

Oct 26, 2021
Best of luck, please let me know once you hear anything, likewise I will let you know if we get any notification. We are just so tired of one wait after another, it’s been months since we actually enjoyed a weekend instead of eagerly waiting for next Monday lol.

And yes, fingers crossed this is the week they dispatch it.
Oh yes its the end thats why its hard to wait. I am just hoping we get update this week. I am keeping myself positive! Thanks !

Reactions: Swappy

mili_0923

Oct 26, 2021
Anyone who's spouse as entered Canada, please let me know what documents were requires at the immigration?

Thanks,

Ste_Vege

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
You just need to update IRCC of your new addresses. For moving to a new country, they may request PCC for PA. And if you moved back to Canada, then you need to update them so that the "intend to relocate back to Canada" is very strong. (Since you've already moved).
She is Italian and we live (renting) in London. If she came with me to Canada as visitor before sponsorship is approved, what would be her residency/official/tax address as we would not have a home in UK anymore as we rent.. could it be the address in Quebec?

Also, will IRCC send me the CoPR by email of by post? Once I receive CoPR I can immigrate to Canada right? And the I would apply for the PR card to be delivered at my new Canadian address?

Also, do you know if the biometrics and medical test can be done in any country, or does it need to be carried out in the same country where the visa office is? for example, if my visa office is UK, can I do the medical test and biometrics in Rome?

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
She is Italian and we live (renting) in London. If she came with me to Canada as visitor before sponsorship is approved, what would be her residency/official/tax address as we would not have a home in UK anymore as we rent.. could it be the address in Quebec?

Also, will IRCC send me the CoPR by email of by post? Once I receive CoPR I can immigrate to Canada right? And the I would apply for the PR card to be delivered at my new Canadian address?

Also, do you know if the biometrics and medical test can be done in any country, or does it need to be carried out in the same country where the visa office is? for example, if my visa office is UK, can I do the medical test and biometrics in Rome?
-If you arrive to Canada, update address to Canada.

-If you are in Canada, they will do a 'virtual' landing (no need to leave, docs will be done online and by post).

-Yes, biometric and medical can be done in any country where there are facilities, including in Canada.

Reactions: YVR123

Ste_Vege

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
-If you arrive to Canada, update address to Canada.

-If you are in Canada, they will do a 'virtual' landing (no need to leave, docs will be done online and by post).

-Yes, biometric and medical can be done in any country where there are facilities, including in Canada.
Thanks, if she lives abroad would she get the CoPR by post or by email or would it be 'linked' to her Italian passport? The reason I am asking is that we will likely change address during the application process and worried that IRCC will send the CoPR letter by post to the old address. If we do the online application, can all be done be email rather than post? or can we put a correspondence address that is not our home address?

Also, do you know if the Quebec application can be done online nowadays or is it all by post still?

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Just saw another update!!
Eligibility completed!! How long until background is cleared?
It very much depends on how many files your Visa Office is dealing with. Based on what I have seen in the tracker, and been told by IRCC, the average is around 2 months unless CSIS wants to do a more comprehensive investigation. As an example, here is my experience with the London VO since the time the medical passed, and security checks began.

Pass Medical: 23 Jul 2022
Ghost Updates: 2 Aug 2022
Letter Request (Dependent Schedule A): 4 Aug 2022
Ghost Update: 5 Aug 2022
Uploaded Schedule A: 7 Aug 2022
Confirmed CSIS working on Schedule A: 7 Aug 2022
Ghost Update: 8 Aug 2022
Ghost Update: 15 Aug 2022
Ghost Update: 16 Aug 2022
Ghost Update: 18 Aug 2022
Ghost Update: 19 Aug 2022
Ghost Update: 25 Aug 2022
Ghost Update: 26 Aug 2022
Ghost Update: 30 Aug 2022
Ghost Update: 31 Aug 2022
Ghost Update: 1 Sept 2022
Ghost Update: 2 Sept 2022
Ghost Update: 5 Sept 2022
Ghost Update: 6 Sept 2022
Ghost Update: 7 Sept 2022
Ghost Update: 8 Sept 2022
Ghost Update: 9 Sept 2022
Ghost Update: 12 Sept 2022
Ghost Update: 13 Sept 2022
Ghost Update: 15 Sept 2022
Ghost Update: 16 Sept 2022
Phoned In: 16 Sept 2022 - Confirmed Only CSIS Remaining since 7 Aug 2022.
Ghost Update: 21 Sept 2022
Ghost Update: 22 Sept 2022
Ghost Update: 23 Sept 2022

So based on what IRCC has told me, all of these Ghost updates are considered a normal part of the background check. Typically I see this many ghost updates within the last 4 weeks before Passport Request or Virtual Landing email. I hope this helps... :)

Reactions: MedinJune