+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Outland - Online

Sladh

Mar 13, 2022
Hey everyone
I'm sending my file tomorrow. Spousal sponsorship application, spouse lives outside Canada. I'm doing paper application.
A little confusing about the address that I should send it to, the checklist says Mississauga and on the website I see Sydney. A little help?

Anything else that I should keep in mind before sending to get the application process quickly??
I have triple checked everything also asked another member from my family to check it.!

Last edited:

vignesh20505

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
I applied for my wife in Dec and got AOR 1 this month. How do I see the progress of the application. The online portal used to submit is still greyed out and cant view. Do I need to link the application to GC Key or the portal will give more information as it is available?

Reactions: DEEP2022

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I'm sending my file tomorrow. Spousal sponsorship application, spouse lives outside Canada. I'm doing paper application.
A little confusing about the address that I should send it to, the checklist says Mississauga and on the website I see Sydney. A little help?
How to submit: (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html#submit)
Application for spouses, common-law partners or conjugal partners outside Canada and all dependent child sponsorships:
CPC Sydney

The checklist we use says the same (in slightly different way - note the checklist part that has address is from point of view of applicant. But it's also correct and any other reading is in error given the options available.

Seems pretty clear.

Anything else that I should keep in mind before sending to get the application process quickly??
I have triple checked everything also asked another member from my family to check it.!
I don't know which form you read that says to submit to misssissauga, so you may want to check yet again. Including which form you have. And that it is up to date (most recent available).

You either misread or have the wrong form. Check again.

(Not saying your fault, some errors can creep into IRCC stuff. But I don't remember that one and I've checked what we used, pretty sure that wasn't changed.)

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hey everyone

The checklist should have a “Class of Application” section under number 5. Make sure you check the right box, and that guides you to which address to send to depending on what type of spousal sponsorship you are sending.

Sladh

Mar 13, 2022
How to submit: (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html#submit)
Application for spouses, common-law partners or conjugal partners outside Canada and all dependent child sponsorships:
CPC Sydney

The checklist we use says the same (in slightly different way - note the checklist part that has address is from point of view of applicant. But it's also correct and any other reading is in error given the options available.

Seems pretty clear.

I don't know which form you read that says to submit to misssissauga, so you may want to check yet again. Including which form you have. And that it is up to date (most recent available).

You either misread or have the wrong form. Check again.

(Not saying your fault, some errors can creep into IRCC stuff. But I don't remember that one and I've checked what we used, pretty sure that wasn't changed.)
Thank you for you response!
The checklist IMM533 that I have 4th point says the class of application, I selected the 2nd option as the spouse is outside Canada and am applying under family class that has address of its own so just got confused with it.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for you response!
The checklist IMM533 that I have 4th point says the class of application, I selected the 2nd option as the spouse is outside Canada and am applying under family class that has address of its own so just got confused with it.
That class says specifically Sydney, Nova Scotia, so still don't understand your confusion.

Sladh

Mar 13, 2022
Another quick question.

IMM 5406 SECTION C ( Additional family info) says brothers and sisters, is it just the applicant's or both?

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Got it!
Thank you for the help.
Will send my application tomorrow.
What's the usual AOR at the moment?
Usual AOR is 30-90 days and running at the upper end of that these last couple of months. Some are over 100 and still waiting.

Reactions: Sladh

DEEP2022

Feb 22, 2022
Hi Guys,
My spouse's sponsorship application was submitted on Jan 7, 22.
No AOR Yet. We opted for Online application.
Has anyone in that week received their AOR yet?

fwd

Feb 12, 2022
Nov 2, 2021. Nothing so far.
Have you tried connecting your application to your account using GCKey? maybe they are working on your application. I saw someone on WhatsApp group get their AOR after submitting on Dec 29th (outland, paper)

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Have you tried connecting your application to your account using GCKey? maybe they are working on your application. I saw someone on WhatsApp group get their AOR after submitting on Dec 29th (outland, paper)
I couldn't link it with the current information I have on hand. I have no application number or anything and I applied online.