+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Outland - Online

kay2020

May 14, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Please I need your help, I am unable to access my husband's application on ECAS. it keeps giving me an error that they are unable to find any application with the UCI or they are yet to process it.

Although we can see the application on our GC Key and spousal application tracker; we have gotten our AOR, SA, and medical passed. Just Eligibility and background check not started. ( We submitted online on March 28 and got AOR on June 13)

Please is there an issue if I can't access ECAS, should I be worried and should I raise a web form?

any insight would be helpful

Thank you so much.

Hudda_ca

Star Member
Feb 26, 2022
Hi Everyone,

Please I need your help, I am unable to access my husband's application on ECAS. it keeps giving me an error that they are unable to find any application with the UCI or they are yet to process it.

Although we can see the application on our GC Key and spousal application tracker; we have gotten our AOR, SA, and medical passed. Just Eligibility and background check not started. ( We submitted online on March 28 and got AOR on June 13)

Please is there an issue if I can't access ECAS, should I be worried and should I raise a web form?

Thank you so much.
ECAS is only for paper applications not for online applications. That’s why it is showing you a error, no need to worry.

Xxstreamer69xx

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much.
All the trackers are the same. They are updated at different rates and give you more/less information.
As mentioned ecas is for paper application only. So don't worry. Also, ecas updates are very minimal and give you very little info so I don't even recommend it.
Your best bet is gckey and the new tracker.

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
All the trackers are the same. They are updated at different rates and give you more/less information.
As mentioned ecas is for paper application only. So don't worry. Also, ecas updates are very minimal and give you very little info so I don't even recommend it.
For online applications, I typically check the MyCIC Account (Immigration homepage, right side, click Sign-In) and the PR Portal (PR). As stated, they are updated at different times, so you more or less need to look at both to get the latest news. At the top right of the Portal, start recording the dates that your file is updated. If you do not see content changes, but you see the updated date change, that signifies that they changed something in the backend (ie ghost update as we call it).

Rm35

Star Member
May 21, 2022
Hi everyone,

For what's called (ghost update) is the update date right above the ( last logged in date) ?

kay2020

May 14, 2020
For online applications, I typically check the MyCIC Account (Immigration homepage, right side, click Sign-In) and the PR Portal (PR). As stated, they are updated at different times, so you more or less need to look at both to get the latest news. At the top right of the Portal, start recording the dates that your file is updated. If you do not see content changes, but you see the updated date change, that signifies that they changed something in the backend (ie ghost update as we call it).
Thank you so much, this was so helpful

kay2020

May 14, 2020
Thank you so much, I am so grateful

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
For the past few day i see that its updating almost everyday is that normal
Yes it is normal for some people to have a lot of ghost updates, especially after the medical approvals and background check (BGC) has started. The BGC has several parts (RCMP, CBSA, CSIS, Info Sharing) so several fields will be updated through this process without anything being visible to you. It is also common for long periods of time with what appears to be no activity. This is all normal, and part of the process. The Visa Office will have little to no information during this process since CSIS is a secret organization which does not share many details about the research they do.

Rm35

Star Member
May 21, 2022
Yes it is normal for some people to have a lot of ghost updates, especially after the medical approvals and background check (BGC) has started. The BGC has several parts (RCMP, CBSA, CSIS, Info Sharing) so several fields will be updated through this process without anything being visible to you. It is also common for long periods of time with what appears to be no activity. This is all normal, and part of the process. The Visa Office will have little to no information during this process since CSIS is a secret organization which does not share many details about the research they do.
Thank you for the info this is very helpful i appreciate it

minnie99

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Ontario
After almost 2 months of just ghost updates, finally received an email from the Visa Office on August 25. Said that PA failed to disclose a denial of a visa (not true, this was declared) and gave PA 30 days to provide detailed explanation. A few minutes later, PA received Pre-Arrival Services letter and PR tracker was updated with Eligibility completed.

• Haha
Reactions: comarxx