Upfront medical: August 5, 2021
Reviewing eligibility: August 5, 2021
Final decision: still pending

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
I applied from Chile, Study Permit Non SDS and this is my timeline:

APPLICATION SUBMITTED - June 25
BIOMETRIC INSTRUCTION LETTER - June 26
BIOMETRICS UPDATED - August 16 (there were no earlier appointments at VFS)

No update since. I believe my application is being handled by the Buenos Aires VAC but haven't come accross other applicants from this region so I'm not sure if my timeline is within the expected or not. Also, today I received a ghost update but nothing changed in my profile.

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
I applied from Chile, Study Permit Non SDS and this is my timeline:

APPLICATION SUBMITTED - June 25
BIOMETRIC INSTRUCTION LETTER - June 26
BIOMETRICS UPDATED - August 16 (there were no earlier appointments at VFS)

No update since. I believe my application is being handled by the Buenos Aires VAC but haven't come accross other applicants from this region so I'm not sure if my timeline is within the expected or not. Also, today I received a ghost update but nothing changed in my profile.
But the BIL is valid for 30 days! So you asked for an extension?
At least you have been visited by the ghost, some have not even seen it!

Reactions: Aesopzai

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
But the BIL is valid for 30 days! So you asked for an extension?
At least you have been visited by the ghost, some have not even seen it!
Regarding the BIL, that's the weird part... my BIL was valid for 90 days! It said that I had until September to submit the biometrics. I did not request any type of extension, simply my BIL had a 90 day validity stamped on it, that's the way I received it. Immediately after receiving the BIL, I requested an appointment at the VAC located in Chile but the earliest appointment available was until August 16.

About the ghost, at least I can say I saw it but next time he should at least update my profile!

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Regarding the BIL, that's the weird part... my BIL was valid for 90 days! It said that I had until September to submit the biometrics. I did not request any type of extension, simply my BIL had a 90 day validity stamped on it, that's the way I received it. Immediately after receiving the BIL, I requested an appointment at the VAC located in Chile but the earliest appointment available was until August 16.

About the ghost, at least I can say I saw it but next time he should at least update my profile!
90 days! Interesting, did not know that.
The Ghost will update soon my friend. Lets hope for the best.

Tabitha87

Sep 14, 2021
I have applied August 20th through SDS PROGRAM the 23rd biometrics. CPC EDMONTON still waiting for answer… does anyone know how long it takes to get an answer under the SDS??