+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

globalchoice

Oct 7, 2018
Hi Guys,

I am about to become eligible for citizenship in first week of January. Let's connect here for tracking timelines and answering queries, those of you who are submitting the application in January 2022.
Hi I am eligible from October 2021 but willbe applying around new-year for whole family

Can_Bee

Dec 27, 2021
Thank you for creating this thread.
I am also planning to send my single paper application in the second week of January.
All the best!

Reactions: Lay Ei Wai

CaCitizenship

Jan 6, 2019
Same as previous months/years, I have a tracker for 2022 also
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_KE3Bu3C3gOyEm0mRVcJH9nEA2u2GOhfpUZOckOWmN0/edit?usp=sharing

You can send me email to get EDIT access. A few persons can be Admins of individual months. I suggest a few persons only because if everybody has access, then sometimes the errors happen, and the data gets deleted

You can email from within the the sheet requesting for access - cacitizenship@gmail.com

You can check the trackers of previous years also, the links are present on sheet -"Processing Time Comparison ". The trackers help to understand timelines

Also you can contact me for any corrections if you come across any wrong formulas

prashant.kr05

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
Hi, I am applying for citizenship in Jan and I have a question -- What should we enter for the 2021 tax year as I have not filed it yet but I am required to file.
* Tell us when you filed your income taxes in the last 5 years

Reactions: blueberries2022

Bloum

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi, I am applying for citizenship in Jan and I have a question -- What should we enter for the 2021 tax year as I have not filed it yet but I am required to file.
* Tell us when you filed your income taxes in the last 5 years
Just put Yes to "Required to File" and No to "Did you File" for 2021. There will be no issue with that since it is January.
There is a chance you file your tax before they even start to look at your application anyway! ahah

ryalla

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
below are my application details.

Application type: Paper based
Application: Family (3)
Physical Presence: 1235 days
Application submitted: Sept 20, 2021
Application received: Sept 23, 2021
Application Returned: Dec 29, 2021 ( For reason - "You have not submitted two identification documents." )
Application resubmitted: Dec 30, 2021
Application received: Jan 4, 2022

Reactions: amplua

prashant.kr05

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
Just put Yes to "Required to File" and No to "Did you File" for 2021. There will be no issue with that since it is January.
There is a chance you file your tax before they even start to look at your application anyway! ahah
Yeah I thought so

sureshcoim

Nov 20, 2017
Hi All.. Best wishes to everyone who is submitting the application this month. I am completing the 1095 days by end of this month. Do you guys waited till 1095 days to start the online application like email registration, drafting your applications, etc., There is a question to check my eligibility and it ask whether I complete 1095 days, hence asking this.

prashant.kr05

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
Hi All.. Best wishes to everyone who is submitting the application this month. I am completing the 1095 days by end of this month. Do you guys waited till 1095 days to start the online application like email registration, drafting your applications, etc., There is a question to check my eligibility and it ask whether I complete 1095 days, hence asking this.
I am in the same boat but I just went ahead and created the profile. Filled in the questions and all other information.

Reactions: sureshcoim

sureshcoim

Nov 20, 2017
I am in the same boat but I just went ahead and created the profile. Filled in the questions and all other information.
Thanks for responding and good luck to you! I am also filling in the details to keep it ready for sign by end of this month or early next month..

vikassaharan

Apr 11, 2019
I applied online on January 4th

Here is an update:
Application type: Online
Physical presence: 1114 days
Application: Single
Application sent: Jan 4th, 2022
Application received: Jan 4th, 2022

Reactions: sureshcoim

sureshcoim

Nov 20, 2017
In the application, did the Jan applicant said "NO" to tax filed for 2021 and "YES" to had to file for 2021? Also, what is $630 is the correct fee for single applicant?