+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

Ricky5206

Aug 16, 2016
Hi,

I am completing the citizenship application online. For the following question:
"Tell us if you have had immigration, permanent resident status, and/or citizenship in any other country outside of Canada (e.g. your country of birth)
  • Check either yes or no.
  • If you check yes, complete the chart.
  • Tell us which countries you have held status in, and exactly what status you held or currently hold (student, employment/worker, refugee/protected person, permanent resident or citizen).
  • Date you obtained each status(YYYY-MM-DD)
  • End date if no longer valid, if applicable (YYYY-MM-DD). Leave blank if you currently hold this status"

I have the following two questions:
1. I traveled to several countries on visas. For the "date you obtained each status" and "end date", do I need to provide:
  • dates for which each visa was valid (for instance 5 years) OR
  • exact dates during which I visited a country (10 days) although the visa is valid for 5 years
2. Do I only need to provide information about immigration status for:
  • the 5-year eligibility period only OR
  • for my entire life?
Do I need to provide scans of visas and entry/exit stamps as well?

It'll be super helpful if you can clarify and reconfirm :)
For 1. - The visa start and end dates, your travel dates are anyways part of the citizenship calculations if those fall in last 5 years.
Scans and all might be an overkill for visas of other countries and / or if they've expired already.
For 2. - Can't say for all, but I provided details of all visa's I've had so far.

blueberries2022

Jan 6, 2022
I just submitted my application. Details below:

Application type: Online
For: individual
Physical Presence: 1325 days
Application submitted: Jan 7, 2022
AOR: waiting

amplua

May 4, 2019
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
below are my application details.

Application type: Paper based
Application: Family (3)
Physical Presence: 1235 days
Application submitted: Sept 20, 2021
Application received: Sept 23, 2021
Application Returned: Dec 29, 2021 ( For reason - "You have not submitted two identification documents." )
Application resubmitted: Dec 30, 2021
Application received: Jan 4, 2022
You were added to spreadsheet.
Good luck to you and your family!

Reactions: ryalla

amplua

May 4, 2019
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
Application submitted. Supper excited, and good luck to everyone!

Application Type: Paper
Physical Presence Days: 1,101
No of Applicants: Single
Application sent: January 4, 2022
Application delivered: January 6, 2022
AOR: Awaiting
Added to spreadsheet. Good luck!

FishBurger

Star Member
Feb 12, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Application: Single (One each for Mother and Father)
Physical Presence: 1108 days
Application submitted: Jan 07,2022
Application received: Jan 07,2022

sureshcoim

Nov 20, 2017
For 1. - The visa start and end dates, your travel dates are anyways part of the citizenship calculations if those fall in last 5 years.
Scans and all might be an overkill for visas of other countries and / or if they've expired already.
For 2. - Can't say for all, but I provided details of all visa's I've had so far.
I am glad we are discussing this. Do we need to really submit all visa types? Example: I stayed in USA on L1 and H1, but they are non-immigrant visa's. I thought not to mention these as the question is only for immigrant (GC/PR) and citizenship. Thoughts?

Madhuri Mah

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
Thanks for creating this thread.
Submitted my online application on Jan 05.
Complaining documents for my husband and son and have a couple of questions.
So, my husband has been eligible for citizenship since December, he has been in Canada since Nov 2018, the citizenship application asks to submit police clearance certificate if he stayed for more than 183 days in any country in the past 4 years. So does that mean we need to get PCC from back home?

sureshcoim

Nov 20, 2017
Thanks for creating this thread.
Submitted my online application on Jan 05.
Complaining documents for my husband and son and have a couple of questions.
So, my husband has been eligible for citizenship since December, he has been in Canada since Nov 2018, the citizenship application asks to submit police clearance certificate if he stayed for more than 183 days in any country in the past 4 years. So does that mean we need to get PCC from back home?
Yes. If he haven't travelled back since Nov 2018 and stayed for more than 6 months, he can use the same PCC applied previously for the PR...

Yas-incanada-spouse

Jun 30, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi,
Please add my details to the excel sheet tracker:

Application: Single
Physical Presence: 1544 days
Application submitted: Jan 06,2022

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
Hi Guys,
Am preparing an online one. For calcualtor I have provided details of my absence from Canada is last 5 years. Once I went to India for 6 weeks. During that period I went to Indonesia for 1 week from India. Do I have to mention only 6 weeks absence Destination as India or I should also put details of my Indonesia visit?

iluvtomorrowland

Jun 28, 2017
Hi admin, please add my details to the excel tracker:

Application Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1,107
No of Applicants: Single
Application sent: January 6, 2022
Application delivered: January 6, 2022

iluvtomorrowland

Jun 28, 2017
Hi Guys,
Am preparing an online one. For calcualtor I have provided details of my absence from Canada is last 5 years. Once I went to India for 6 weeks. During that period I went to Indonesia for 1 week from India. Do I have to mention only 6 weeks absence Destination as India or I should also put details of my Indonesia visit?
IMO, date you left Canada and the date you returned to Canada matters. As far as physical presence calculator is concerned, it doesn't really matter if you visited multiple countries while you were absent from Canada. However, you should provide your Indonesian immigration status in the citizenship application form.