+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
This will be my last update here. I received the citizenship certificate today in the mail. Here is my timeline:

citizenship app submitted: 2022-01-12
AOR: 2022-03-01
In Progress: 2022-03-02
Ghost updates: 2023-03-02, 2023-03-07
Fingerprint request: 2023-03-08
Fingerprint received: 2023-03-19
Background verification completed: 2023-03-20
Citizenship test status update: 2023-03-23 (Test to be between 2023-03-31 and 2023-04-20)
Test taken: 2023-03-31
Test Completed: 2023-04-04
Language skills, Physical Presence, Prohibitions completed: 2023-05-19
Oath: 2023-06-09
Status Tracker status changed to "Closed": 2023-06-13
Citizenship Certificate: 2023-06-15

All the best to you!

anigdikar

Apr 3, 2017
No activity or update for anyone in this group? Not a good sign.

Let me post an update from my side...

The update is : THERE is NO update on my file. It is just sitting on an officer's desk

gurmeet85

Jul 23, 2014
While we are waiting for ages to get the citizenship. Here is a timeline of someone who got citizenship in 6 months. Its a joke!

—-Paper Application—-
App sent - Jan 3rd
App delivered - Jan 4th
AoR - Feb 22nd
ECAS in process - Feb 24th
BG complete - Apr 5th
Test invite - May 9th
Test given - May 15th
Test marked as complete - May 17th
LPP complete - May 24
Oath letter - June 5th
Oath ceremony - June 20th

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
While we are waiting for ages to get the citizenship. Here is a timeline of someone who got citizenship in 6 months. Its a joke!

—-Paper Application—-
App sent - Jan 3rd
App delivered - Jan 4th
AoR - Feb 22nd
BG complete - Apr 5th
Test invite - May 9th
Test given - May 15th
LPP complete - May 24
Oath letter - June 5th
2023 applicants are seeing faster processing. Once your application SLA is breached looks like there is no incentive to complete it. What matter is how fast you process newer ones. That would have a positive impact on processing timeline. Weird :rolleyes:

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020

—-Paper Application—-
App sent - Jan 3rd
App delivered - Jan 4th
AoR - Feb 22nd
BG complete - Apr 5th
Test invite - May 9th
Test given - May 15th
LPP complete - May 24
Oath letter - June 5th

see this

Type: Citizenship, Online | PP: 1150 days | Applied: 08Mar'23 | AOR: 23Mar'23 | BG: 20Apr'23 | Test : 14May'23 (Taken), 23May'23 (Complete) | LPP: 01Jun'23 | Oath Invite: 19Jun'23 | Oath Ceremony: 13Jul'23

Reactions: gurmeet85

gurmeet85

Jul 23, 2014
2023 applicants are seeing faster processing. Once your application SLA is breached looks like there is no incentive to complete it. What matter is how fast you process newer ones. That would have a positive impact on processing timeline. Weird :rolleyes:
I honestly dont care whats the processing time for newer applicants but to tell the older applicants that, " Wait until 19 months, its still under processing time..." is pure BS! Apart from few who know that their file is complicated (read applicant outside canada, multiple citizenship, etc), most of us know NOTHING about why the file is delayed. There is NO LOGIC but pure lottery. And this is to a set of people who spent good 3 years in the country, paying taxes, etc. Cannot comprehend it.

Reactions: forw.jane

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
I honestly dont care whats the processing time for newer applicants but to tell the older applicants that, " Wait until 19 months, its still under processing time..." is pure BS! Apart from few who know that their file is complicated (read applicant outside canada, multiple citizenship, etc), most of us know NOTHING about why the file is delayed. There is NO LOGIC but pure lottery. And this is to a set of people who spent good 3 years in the country, paying taxes, etc. Cannot comprehend it.
The sooner u admit its lottery the better ur mental health.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Its been 17 months, you think I dont know that?
Cheers mate, i can understand ur frustration. I'm not holding up ur file. My 2 cents were abt ur own good. But I see ppl get rude with no reason now a days on forum. In such cases, ironically let me rephrase in IRCC language - everything is normal your application is in process and well in standard processing time, and your case is routine. Hope that satisfies! We are all in this shite together, there's no logic in lottery rather arbitrary and random. Oh and I say here another phrase of IRCC ironically - every case is different. Facepalm,. So the sooner the better admit the lottery fact else be rude and argue here with me (the one meself is victim too of same miserable lottery system), lets continue baseless debate and mush our minds lol. Cheers mate! And seriously jokes apart, good luck and best wishes! Peace!

Reactions: RandomUser514

gurmeet85

Jul 23, 2014
Cheers mate, i can understand ur frustration. I'm not holding up ur file. My 2 cents were abt ur own good. But I see ppl get rude with no reason now a days on forum. In such cases, ironically let me rephrase in IRCC language - everything is normal your application is in process and well in standard processing time, and your case is routine. Hope that satisfies! We are all in this shite together, there's no logic in lottery rather arbitrary and random. Oh and I say here another phrase of IRCC ironically - every case is different. Facepalm,. So the sooner the better admit the lottery fact else be rude and argue here with me (the one meself is victim too of same miserable lottery system), lets continue baseless debate and mush our minds lol. Cheers mate! And seriously jokes apart, good luck and best wishes! Peace!
LOL.

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
Couldn't agree more. One thing I stopped doing was to check the IRCC account every day. That made me live a little. It's unfortunate, but I still appreciate Canada giving out citizenships to folks who have lived here for over 3 years. I am still stuck since Jan 2022. before any thinks the grass is greener on my side :)