+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
Folks, does an applicant at any stage become ineligible for citizenship? Since I moved out of Canada after my application, I am worried that they might ask me to do my PCC again. Will my physical presence be fixed as complete even though they have taken over a year already?

Currently I’m stuck at LPP

Last edited:

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Folks, does an applicant at any stage become ineligible for citizenship? Since I moved out of Canada after my application, I am worried that they might ask me to do my PCC again. Will my physical presence be fixed as complete even though they have taken over a year already?

Currently I’m stuck at LPP
You still need to maintain PR residency obligations (730 days in 5 years) until you take the oath. BG expires 12 months after the original BG approval... If expired, you'll need a new BG clearance and if you provided fingerprints the first time, you'll need to submit it again.

See manual here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/grant/adult.html

Reactions: johnyrose

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
You still need to maintain PR residency obligations (730 days in 5 years) until you take the oath. BG expires 12 months after the original BG approval... If expired, you'll need a new BG clearance and if you provided fingerprints the first time, you'll need to submit it again.

See manual here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/grant/adult.html
So, I recently renewed my PR card and thankfully I have that in hand. So BG/FP are the only things I should be doing again if it extends beyond a year which it will I feel. But, as far as Physical Presence in Canada is concerned, I shouldn't worry right?

The CPC-S initiates all clearances. Validity for clearances is as indicated below.
  • Immigration: one year
  • Criminality: one year
  • Security: four years

papermaple

May 19, 2023
I just spoke with an IRCC agent and been informed that new processing time is 19 months. So, for Jan 2022 applicant most of us will hit this deadline in next 2 months. Hope our applications get cleared by then.

AAlli

Jan 2, 2019
Greetings -

I applied March 2022 and only just got invited for the test which I wrote a few days ago and passed. I was not in the country and got approval to write the test outside Canada.

However, I got an email asking me whether I am back in the country (I am not) and if the answer is "No", I should send proof of my departure from Canada a (I left a month ago and happy to send them the flight ticket. I was also asked to send every page of my current passport.

Question - do I absolutely have to fly back into Canada to respond to the email? Also, I am unsure when I will be back (probably in another month), would that mean that the process cannot move ahead (after having sent the evidence) simply because I am not able to type "Yes" to currently being in the country.

Thank You!!!

Aziz2022

Feb 28, 2022
Hi,
It's been a while since I posted an update to my application. Finally, I got my citizenship.
Application submitted Jan 28 2022, AOR Mar 14 2022

Here are the rest of updates for the tracker
BG: May 1, 2023
Rest completed in the Sametime: May 5
Oath scheduled May 19 but I asked them to reschedule it
Oath reschedule: Jun 8
Application closed: Jun 13

Good luck to you all

Reactions: papermaple

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
Received a response from the MP in my constituency:

• Security assessment remains passed
  • Criminality assessment remains passed
  • Knowledge test remains passed
  • Residency assessment has not yet started

The agent did tell me that the Scarborough office has been processing a large number of cases over the past few years, which may explain why there hasn’t been much movement on your file recently. Despite this, your case is not yet considered delayed – it is still within IRCC’s expected processing time of 19 months, or until the end of August. I can continue to follow up on the status of your case in a few weeks, and see if there is any additional progress by then.
So basically nothing. I am not sure how an office that claims to be so busy is processing files from following months and completing them faster.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Received a response from the MP in my constituency:

So basically nothing. I am not sure how an office that claims to be so busy is processing files from following months and completing them faster.
Because all 2022 apps are already backlogs, its all sham! Here comes the Ironic quote - "every case is different", facepalm and zipper-mouth!

• Sad
Reactions: chanakyashah

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
Yeah and add another word to what you hear: "non-routine" which is indeterminato. My best wishes to you! Not my fingers just crossed but a whole meself crossed for all the despair en route!
Hahah thanks! But I am sure I am going to hear that word the second August ends. Magically from routine to non-routine!!!