January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

Bloum

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Scarborough office experience was not the best. Same issue on my end. Even before reaching out to the MP office - I sent an email to the immigration minister office and I got a similar reply as of yours. Last week I tried with the MP office most likely i will hear the same. Lets wait and see. Can you let us know how long it has been after your Citizenship test.
Well the joke is... I was not even invited to the citizenship yet ! I am well behind most people in this office. I only have my "Background Complete" since September 2nd and that's all.

Here is what IRCC answered:
  • The Criminality verifications: passed
  • The Security verification: passed
  • Citizenship test: not started
  • The immigration verifications: not started
  • Other Comments: No outstanding document at the moment. IRCC will contact the applicant directly if additional information or documents are required. The current estimated processing time for Citizenship Grant application is 23 months. Your application is still within processing time (until December, 2023). Rest assured that IRCC understands how important this process is for the applicant and is making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
I can't have any beginning of an explanation on why I was not even invited to the test yet. Is it because of the agent I was assigned to? Because of quotas?
They just keep repeating "All is fine - just wait" but it's hard to understand that all is fine when my application is not treated like the ones from this thread

sivabukka

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
Well the joke is... I was not even invited to the citizenship yet ! I am well behind most people in this office. I only have my "Background Complete" since September 2nd and that's all.

• Other Comments: No outstanding document at the moment. IRCC will contact the applicant directly if additional information or documents are required. The current estimated processing time for Citizenship Grant application is 23 months. Your application is still within processing time (until December, 2023). Rest assured that IRCC understands how important this process is for the applicant and is making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
I can't have any beginning of an explanation on why I was not even invited to the test yet. Is it because of the agent I was assigned to? Because of quotas?
They just keep repeating "All is fine - just wait" but it's hard to understand that all is fine when my application is not treated like the ones from this thread
Did u submit your file in Jan 2022? If so that's insane....

sivabukka

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023

I see the comments "Your application is still within processing time (until December, 2023)" that makes me understand that you submitted your file in teh month of Jan 2022. So unfortunate man - I am sure this message might even frustrate you more.

fmk8890

Dec 10, 2017
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2018
AOR Received.
04-05-2018
File Transfer...
08-08-2018
Med's Request
01-05-2018
Med's Done....
01-05-2018
Passport Req..
24-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2018
LANDED..........
11-11-2018
Got my passport on March 22nd, thank you.

Reactions: chanakyashah

flipper11

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023

This is so unacceptable...especially when late 2022 applications are reaching oath stage in 6-7-8-9 months.

I believe it's both the agent and the quotas...but then why process application submitted after? Is it like over quotas go at the end of the line or something??? I can't understand the process

and

wish you some movement after MP reach out!

Reactions: dny0821 and Bloum

FW-SandA

Star Member
Jun 3, 2017
Today my wife received an update to attend an oath ceremony on April 3 which is a week from now. When does she expect to receive an email with the instruction?

Last edited:

marygbrasil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
For anyone that thinks this’ll help, got my update on the portal that citizenship oath is in progress mid-January, zoom ceremony was scheduled for March 2. Only received the letter with the confirmation 2 weeks beforehand on February 17th! So from what I know, the earliest it gets sent out is 2 weeks prior to the ceremony (I used a tracker I found online for mine and that’s what was showing on average for other people as well)

mannitscar

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
My situation is so bad that my PR card expired and I work for an european firm. If I leave the country now, coming back would not be an easy bet. The worst part is I have applied for my PR renewal - Its been over a month and I still did not get my application completion confirmation(That means they did not even look at my application) My employer is chasing me to get things sorted as i am getting close to the 180 days mark. Experience so far has been unpleasant. Urgent request raised, reached out to multiple teams for support - nothing helped. On April 6th it will be 6 months from the time I completed my CItizenship test. I don't understand why it should take so long when I lived in this country for 4 years and Background verification is complete. I sense that in 2 months they will send me a new PR card and I have to cut that on my Oath ceremony. This immigration team is so unorganized and everyone are working like headless chickens.
I agree this is insanity, its causing me work travel delays, i have lived here almost 11 years. I have Canadian kids, a Canadian spouse its just mind boggling. Ive missed out on 2 vacays with family incase an oath magically appears.

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
I have updates in the tracker saying that I have been scheduled to take the citizenship test online between March 31 and April 20. I haven't received the instructions in the email yet. Just updating it here for the admin.

Windsor ON

Sep 11, 2018

Same here.
They requested FP and they received it Oct 8 and since than I have not heard back. I called them multiple times and sent an email to the MP, their response was that I am still within the processing time and my application is unique.
I am not sure what’s you unique about my application. I have a PR my wife is Canadian born raised here, my 2 kids are Canadians and I have been here for over 12 years, what else would they like. I am frustrated as I am not sure what else to do here.

Do you guys know what was the processing time back in Jan 2022 ?

mannitscar

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
Same here.

They requested FP and they received it Oct 8 and since than I have not heard back. I called them multiple times and sent an email to the MP, their response was that I am still within the processing time and my application is unique.

I am not sure what’s you unique about my application. I have a PR my wife is Canadian born raised here, my 2 kids are Canadians and I have been here for over 12 years, what else would they like. I am frustrated as I am not sure what else to do here.

Do you guys know what was the processing time back in Jan 2022 ?
It was 24 months. I never got asked for fingerprints and I've has no movement since my test in November. So frustrating, I also have been here 11 years now, 2 Canadian kids, Canadian wife, employed by a Canadian company, always done and paid taxes, own Canadian real estate. I spoke with a friend who's an immigration lawyer and he told me if I don't hear anything by Feb 2nd 2024 (24 months) from application to submit a legal letter demanding response.

Windsor ON

Sep 11, 2018
It was 24 months. I never got asked for fingerprints and I've has no movement since my test in November. So frustrating, I also have been here 11 years now, 2 Canadian kids, Canadian wife, employed by a Canadian company, always done and paid taxes, own Canadian real estate. I spoke with a friend who's an immigration lawyer and he told me if I don't hear anything by Feb 2nd 2024 (24 months) from application to submit a legal letter demanding response.
I am strongly thinking of sending an email to the Premier and the PM, there is nothing to lose at this point.
I know that we have processing time but I don’t understand how are they working on March 2022 applications already and leaving us behind. It is not like they are waiting for me to provide additional information or documentation.
I seriously cannot wait until 2024. I do not think It is fair.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
I am strongly thinking of sending an email to the Premier and the PM, there is nothing to lose at this point.
I know that we have processing time but I don’t understand how are they working on March 2022 applications already and leaving us behind. It is not like they are waiting for me to provide additional information or documentation.
I seriously cannot wait until 2024. I do not think It is fair.
please do. am an april 2022 applicant and have reached out to my MP cuz I can see that IRCC has moved on to May June July August. In fact, a friend of mine who applied in October is at the same stage as me (citizenship test completed). beggars belief really.