+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

dkfk

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
I just had my oath and am now officially a Canadian citizen! Interestingly, my tracker has been available throughout all this time. I know many people can't access it shortly prior to Oath, but I checked over the weekend and this morning, and was able to sign in. I was told it will take around 4 weeks to receive my certificate. Overall the Oath took 1.5 hours; there were 125 of us.

wink

May 25, 2021
I just had my oath and am now officially a Canadian citizen! Interestingly, my tracker has been available throughout all this time. I know many people can't access it shortly prior to Oath, but I checked over the weekend and this morning, and was able to sign in. I was told it will take around 4 weeks to receive my certificate. Overall the Oath took 1.5 hours; there were 125 of us.
Congrats!
Same here... Please post it here when you see the status reaches "Closed" state.

Reactions: dkfk

sidhupolimetla

Dec 27, 2016
Application Type: Online
No of Applicants:
Single
Application sent: January 10, 2022
Application delivered: January 10, 2022
AOR: March 10, 2022
In Progress: March 18, 2022
Fingerprint Background Verification Requested: October 27, 2022
Citizenship Requested: December 2, 2022
Fingerprint Received: December 7, 2022
Test Invite: December 9, 2022
Test Window: December 9, 2022 - December 29, 2022
Test Passed: December 16, 2022
Test completed: December 16, 2022
Background Verification Completed: December 29, 2022
In Person Interview Requested : January 10, 2023
In Person Interview Completed : January 26, 2023
Language, Prohibitions, Physical Presence Completed: 26 January, 2023
Oath Completed: January 26, 2023

Had my interview done today, as well as my Oath of Citizenship Ceremony done today. Everything was completed within 20min. My PR Card was taken away from me today and replaced with Citizenship Certificate. I am now officially Canadian Citizen.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and journey so far.
Is it in-person or online interview?

sidhupolimetla

Dec 27, 2016
This looks like a program integrity interview... Simple ID verification, test to see if you are proficient in english or french etc.

What is the email id from which you received this in-person interview request?
Sometimes, Scarborough IRCC gives you the option of taking the oath right after the interview... you might get lucky!
I was invited for in person interview through MS Teams(virtual) on Feb 28. I was wondering if that option was offered for virtual interviews as well.

Last edited:

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
125 people on zoom? That's a pretty good cohort size. If each IRCC office can hold daily oaths at these numbers, the backlog can be over pretty quickly.

YvrJan04

Aug 31, 2022
Hi All,

how long does it take to receive citizenship certificate after oath ceremony. IRCC says 2-4 weeks. Folks who have received their certificate can share their timeline please?

thanks in advance

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
Please update the tracker:
Physical Presence; Prohibitions and Language skills all completed on January 19th (portal update Feb 3)
Citizenship: not started

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
My background was completed on Nov 28th. Since then only had the system update on Dec 16th.
Any one in the same boat?
Everything completed for my spouse on Dec 20th except for CItizeship oath. Citizenship not started. My spouse had submitted application with our minor chilld, for child only prohibitions completed everything else is showing in progress, no update for spouse or child since Dec 20th. Is this normal?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Everything completed for my spouse on Dec 20th except for CItizeship oath. Citizenship not started. My spouse had submitted application with our minor chilld, for child only prohibitions completed everything else is showing in progress, no update for spouse or child since Dec 20th. Is this normal?
Yes, it isn't unusual to get oath invite 3 or even 4 months after everything else is completed.

Reactions: alexross

sidhupolimetla

Dec 27, 2016
Anyone who attended an online interview from the Scarborough office recently, can you please share your experience and timeline? How long did it take for Oath scheduling after the virtual interview?

dny0821

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
im seeing everyone get oath. even a friend who did online app in May had oath already but my file is stuck to test completed :(

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Anyone who attended an online interview from the Scarborough office recently, can you please share your experience and timeline? How long did it take for Oath scheduling after the virtual interview?
I was interviewed virtually on Jan 26th, was told by the officer that it will take around 6 weeks for the Oath ceremony. On Jan 28th, I received the message in my account that my oath ceremony is scheduled for 7th March, so yeah less than 6 weeks. Yet to receive the letter via email.

Reactions: sidhupolimetla