+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
Hey folks, any idea what happens if my existing Indian passport is expiring in 6 months. Does applying a new one stalls your application?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hey folks, any idea what happens if my existing Indian passport is expiring in 6 months. Does applying a new one stalls your application?
Applying to renew your Indian passport has no impact on your Canadian Citizenship application.

Just keep in mind, that you cease to be an Indian citizen as soon as you are done swearing an oath to obtain your Canadian Citizenship. The Indian Citizenship Act, 1955 provides for automatic loss of citizenship if you:
voluntarily acquire (consciously, knowingly and without duress, undue influence or compulsion) acquires the citizenship of another country

Reactions: chanakyashah

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
Applying to renew your Indian passport has no impact on your Canadian Citizenship application.

Just keep in mind, that you cease to be an Indian citizen as soon as you are done swearing an oath to obtain your Canadian Citizenship. The Indian Citizenship Act, 1955 provides for automatic loss of citizenship if you:
Thank you!

Madhuri Mah

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
Same thing happened to me today, early in the morning everything was completed except ceremony, then when I checked an hour ago everything went to in progress.
I'm assuming its a technical glitch
same thing happened to me. not sure when the status was changed to 'in progress' but everything is back to 'in progress' now.

charanysg

Aug 2, 2017
Ajax
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-08-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2018
Update: 8th Nov, 2022
Language skills, Physical presence, Prohibitions are in-progress and oath not started. Only background is completed.
Got my citizenship test status updated to Completed in the portal.

Latest Update: 13th Dec, 2022
Now again my citizenship test status is updated to In Progress in the portal. Only background is completed and remaining are in progress.

Any idea why it went back? reading other people threads too and please post their updates once received. Thanks

shinyjoshua

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Update: 8th Nov, 2022
Language skills, Physical presence, Prohibitions are in-progress and oath not started.
Got my citizenship test status updated to Completed in the portal.

Latest Update: 13th Dec, 2022
Now again my citizenship test status is updated to In-Progress in the portal.

Any idea why it went back? reading other people threads too and please post their updates once received. Thanks
I was able to confirm that there's a technical glitch on the tracker. Whatever we saw before the update of Dec 13th is the right status. I know there are specific cases where the oath dates changed, so maybe something to confirm using the web form, but otherwise, nothing to panic. (I am on the same boat where things flipped back to in-progress)

charanysg

Aug 2, 2017
Ajax
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-08-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2018
I was able to confirm that there's a technical glitch on the tracker. Whatever we saw before the update of Dec 13th is the right status. I know there are specific cases where the oath dates changed, so maybe something to confirm using the web form, but otherwise, nothing to panic. (I am on the same boat where things flipped back to in-progress)
Any idea when do we think we will get the oath done. I have travel plans to India from mid of Jan to mid of feb. Not sure should I complete the oath before or after hence it will let me travel back with PR card.

depresslock

Jun 5, 2019
Hi guys, this is my timeline:

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1,219 days
Application: Single
Application submitted: January 15, 2022
AOR: March 04
Background verification completed: September 13
Language Skills, Physical Presence, Prohibitions : In Progress
Test Invite : Sep 26
Test marked as complete :Oct 12
Language Skills, Prohibitions : Marked as completed on Dec 6
Physical Presence:In progress
Citizenship ceremony
: Not Started

I saw most of cases marked language skills, prohibitions, physical presence completed together,but in my case, physical presence still in progress. I don't know why.

Reactions: HAchar and dny0821

baltzly

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Hi friends,

I just saw the status in ecas changed to decision made, but the tracker still shows the latest update is test completed. Does anyone know what this means? Thank you for your input!