+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

skner2022

Star Member
Mar 2, 2022
lmao, if USCIS is so good to you, get your citizenship in the US? Oh, you can't and have to rely on the incompetent Liberal government of Canada? Such a sad situation for you.
Having gone through the immigration process on both sides, the Canadian side is much more straightforward and easier to deal with. Yes, there are delays, yes there is a lack of transparency in cases, but there is also a guaranteed result unlike a lottery based system in the US. Be thankful that you are afforded this opportunity in Canada with any government in power, you'd just be on a waiting list for your lifetime dealing with the USCIS.
The truth is IRCC is bullshit compared to similar commonwealth immigration countries such as Australia, New Zealand, UK. None of these countries spend 26-27 months to process a citizenship application.

argo1990

Sep 12, 2022
The truth is IRCC is bullshit compared to similar commonwealth immigration countries such as Australia, New Zealand, UK. None of these countries spend 26-27 months to process a citizenship application.
This guy is most definitely one of those lucky guys got his/her citizenship in 3 months and now trying to defend corrupted Canadian government. He talks about being thankful like we are getting paid to stay in Canada for our citizenship... we are paying taxes, we paid the processing fees, this is our right to be treated fairly.

meh_

Sep 14, 2022
This guy is most definitely one of those lucky guys got his/her citizenship in 3 months and now trying to defend corrupted Canadian government. He talks about being thankful like we are getting paid to stay in Canada for our citizenship... we are paying taxes, we paid the processing fees, this is our right to be treated fairly.
Nice try buddy, I have been waiting for any movement on my application since January too. Why are you talking to USCIS if you already have a US citizenship man? Why do you want to come to a corrupt country with a shit Liberal government? Having a tough time in the land of opportunities? Probably not enough handouts there. Don't worry Canada welcomes all, you can find a future here too even if you hate the government!

Reactions: NvzooTor

meh_

Sep 14, 2022
I agree with your assessment that the process is slow, I have been waiting as well. And I hate that the online applications are being treated differently even though they were promised to be faster. I don't agree with the person who compared this to the US process at all, as it is one of the worst immigration processes I've experienced. It just feels like someone who has a specific political orientation and wants to blame everything on it.

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Any chance the admin can sort the excel sheet by Application date or AOR? That way it will be easier to see how the applications are moving holistically. Thanks for maintaining it
There you go, it's sorted by app delivery date now. We don't have a lot of data points to make significant assumptions as there might still be unreported data. As you can see, there is no logic to how applications are progressing except paper/online difference.

Once you have seen it, I'll probably sort it back by oath date later

meh_

Sep 14, 2022
Guys maybe take it to private message if there is something that needs to be figured out. leave the thread for 'January 2022 - Citizenship Applications' discussions.
Thanks
I understand, I'll not be responding to this anymore. I apologize for diverting the conversation in the thread.

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
There you go, it's sorted by app delivery date now. We don't have a lot of data points to make significant assumptions as there might still be unreported data. As you can see, there is no logic to how applications are progressing except paper/online difference.

Once you have seen it, I'll probably sort it back by oath date later
Thanks a ton! You can revert to the old sort state. I was trying to see if there is any way online applications were progressing. Didn't say much but I feel I could get something by end of the month. But you are right, there is a lot of unreported data points that its impossible to infer anything. Just trust IRCC to do a good job and wait :)

ryalla

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Your citizenship application status: Closed
Reason: We have approved your application to become a Canadian citizen.

Congratulations!
You are now a Canadian citizen. Welcome to the Canadian family!

eCAS status also changed from Decision Made to Complete

Updated this morning!! hopefully they are shipping out the Certificate soon.

sjm

Jun 25, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 2013
LANDED..........
June 2014
Please update received a ghost update today (15 Sep) no change in the status yet.

Online application

fulton1712

Star Member
Jun 27, 2022
Alberta
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
08-10-2019
Hi admin got update this morning Oat scheduled for Oct 20th. Please add to tracker

Reactions: ryalla