Citizenship Test - completed on 26th aug
can some one confirm they have similar timelines

sasa80

Star Member
Nov 8, 2009
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hi Guys,

is it normal that I have everything completed on Sept. 2nd and no updates since then, I checked the old ECAS and it says decision made (still on the tracker IP) ? how much time between decision made and oath invitation ? I though it is usually in a few days ?

ryalla

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Hi Guys,

is it normal that I have everything completed on Sept. 2nd and no updates since then, I checked the old ECAS and it says decision made (still on the tracker IP) ? how much time between decision made and oath invitation ? I though it is usually in a few days ?
Usually 1-2 days. I got it in a day

Reactions: sasa80

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi Guys,

I have seen variable timelines. Some in a couple of days. Others in a couple of weeks. Another got oath invite in a week but oath date was 7 weeks down the line.

Reactions: sasa80

dmsamy

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
Here is an update:
Application type: Online
Physical presence: 6 years
Application: Single
Application sent: Jan 22, 2022
AOR: Mar 7, 2022

Tracker status- In progress mostly
Any idea what pace the applications moving?
BG completed 15-Sep, I am unable to update tracker...

richieb

Sep 18, 2022
Hello guys

This thread has been very helpful and I wish that everyone gets their citizenship soon. I had one question please if you can help:

Is LinkedIn profile also checked to ensure work history in citizenship application matches with it?
My LinkedIn work history is little different than work history mentioned in the application. Obviously the application has the correct work history. I did two jobs in between my career (one lasted 4 months and the second lasted 2.5 months). So, on LinkedIn, I have not included these jobs and have included following as replacement to these jobs to show recruiters that I didn't had any gaps:
1. The first job that I did for 4 months: I was doing another job full time and when i got this job, I started working full time here but didn't left previous jobs and was still working part time at previous job. So, in Linkedin I have only presented the other (previous) job as this job i worked for 4 months only and if I include this then it would make recruiters think that I leave jobs very quickly.
2. I did one job for like 2 months so i have not added it on linkedin and have added some education showing that I was studying online during that time.

Will this have any effect on my application? Should I hide my profile for now or leave it as such?

Any response is appreciated.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hello guys

This thread has been very helpful and I wish that everyone gets their citizenship soon. I had one question please if you can help:

Is LinkedIn profile also checked to ensure work history in citizenship application matches with it?
My LinkedIn work history is little different than work history mentioned in the application. Obviously the application has the correct work history. I did two jobs in between my career (one lasted 4 months and the second lasted 2.5 months). So, on LinkedIn, I have not included these jobs and have included following as replacement to these jobs to show recruiters that I didn't had any gaps:
1. The first job that I did for 4 months: I was doing another job full time and when i got this job, I started working full time here but didn't left previous jobs and was still working part time at previous job. So, in Linkedin I have only presented the other (previous) job as this job i worked for 4 months only and if I include this then it would make recruiters think that I leave jobs very quickly.
2. I did one job for like 2 months so i have not added it on linkedin and have added some education showing that I was studying online during that time.

Will this have any effect on my application? Should I hide my profile for now or leave it as such?

Any response is appreciated.
Are you asking about citizenship or PR?

Br33zer

Mar 18, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Application Type: Online
Total Physical Presence: 1111 Days
No of Applicants: Single
Application Sent: January 4, 2022
Application Delivered: January 4, 2022
AOR: Feb 25, 2022
In Progress: Feb 28, 2022
GU: Sep 2, 2022
GU: Sep 7, 2022
Test Invite: Sep 12, 2022 (September 16, 2022 and October 6, 2022 )
Fingerprints Required: Sep 14, 2022
Fingerprints Given: Sep 14, 2022
Test Given: Sep 18, 2022 (20/20)

Language Skills: In Progress
Physical Presence: In Progress
Background Verification: In Progress
Prohibitions: In Progress
Citizenship Ceremony: Not Started

richieb

Sep 18, 2022
No, your LinkedIn profile won't really matter..they don't go around matching profiles. They might check with employers in Canada though. But that's not always the case either.
thank you mate :)

So, they call employers too even in citizenship? I was thinking that work history has nothing to do with eligibility of becoming citizen? Some of my past employers hate me like crazy so I don't know what they will say if they get phone call about me.

A_S

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
thank you mate :)

So, they call employers too even in citizenship? I was thinking that work history has nothing to do with eligibility of becoming citizen? Some of my past employers hate me like crazy so I don't know what they will say if they get phone call about me.
Dont overthink ,it will be fine as Smash1984 mentioned. The work history acts as an importance evidence of your physical presence in Canada. Even though you moonlighted which seems to be your concern, your CRA filings already substantiate your work history claim. Nothing to worry about !

Reactions: smash1984

skner2022

Star Member
Mar 2, 2022
Application Type: Online
Total Physical Presence: 1111 Days
No of Applicants: Single
Application Sent: January 4, 2022
Application Delivered: January 4, 2022
AOR: Feb 25, 2022
In Progress: Feb 28, 2022
GU: Sep 2, 2022
GU: Sep 7, 2022
Test Invite: Sep 12, 2022 (September 16, 2022 and October 6, 2022 )
Fingerprints Required: Sep 14, 2022
Fingerprints Given: Sep 14, 2022
Test Given: Sep 18, 2022 (20/20)

Language Skills: In Progress
Physical Presence: In Progress
Background Verification: In Progress
Prohibitions: In Progress
Citizenship Ceremony: Not Started
You received the test invite Ten days after the ghost update, that was a long waiting. I saw many received the test invite one day after the GU