+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

wink

May 25, 2021
Is it normal for the tracker to still be available when my oath is on Monday?
Yes. Not everyone gets into that hanging "loading" page issue. If that's what you are referring to. Only some seem to face that problem. Not sure why.

Reactions: dkfk

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Please, update the tracker (row 128).
BG Completed: Nov 24, 2022
Please, update the Google tracker:

BG completed: Nov 24, 2022
Physical presence completed: Jan 24, 2023
Prohibitions check completed: Jan 24, 2023

Language skills: In progress
Citizenship test: Not started
Citizenship ceremony: Not started

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Please, update the Google tracker:

BG completed: Nov 24, 2022
Physical presence completed: Jan 24, 2023
Prohibitions check completed: Jan 24, 2023

Language skills: In progress
Citizenship test: Not started
Citizenship ceremony: Not started
What about your Test timelines?

anigdikar

Apr 3, 2017
Yes, you should do it. Anything which can get their attention (but being polite is important) might make it moving... If you are not sure about the office, you could write to couple of them or all of them. Looks like currently your application is kind of stuck at the bottom of the pile and kind of lost (not literally but figuratively). I don't see any risk in dropping them an email. Having said that, looks like things are started to move nowadays for Nov-Jan applicants. Once it starts moving, they might complete the entire process quickly. It might still happen that both of you might reach the Oath state in a month. Just my guess.
@wink , that worked... I dropped an email to the Scarborough office on 26-Jan asking for status.. and today the Background check was marked as Completed. So something got kicked, may be, because of the email.

Reactions: Rad80 and wink

Khanbravewarrior

Nov 18, 2021
i am wondering if my fellow members and experts can give me some advice on security screening as thats what the Agent from IRCC mentioned on my recent call to them. As most of our members are now geting Oaths here a few like me are still waiting for our Background Verification to complete which is so very frustrating at times as its been almost 13 months since i applied.
Congratulations to all who are geting oath invites and wish us luck for those waiting in this never ending journey.
Please shed some light on security screening like how long can it take as FP's were submitted in October.
Thanks

blueberries2022

Jan 6, 2022
Strange. Did you take the test outside Canada? Were you outside Canada at any point during the process?
Yes, I traveled a few times outside Canada but for either a weekend or a vacation for 4-10 days at most at a time. I took the test inside Canada and never requested to take the oath outside. They realized the mistake and sent an updated oath invitation saying to discard the old email so it's all good.

Reactions: fastfood

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)

wink

May 25, 2021
@wink , that worked... I dropped an email to the Scarborough office on 26-Jan asking for status.. and today the Background check was marked as Completed. So something got kicked, may be, because of the email.
Great. Hope from here it will be keep moving through the remaining steps. Good luck!

Reactions: anigdikar

one1world

Sep 6, 2022
I received email saying you are not allowed to take oath outside and please discard the previous email. I received my oth email on 31st for feb 16. I am currently outside but I have no plans to take oath from outside. I am coming back home next week. Called CIC and agent told me that if you are not planning to take oath from outside you don’t have to worry and take a oath as scheduled. Did anyone face same issue? Also I can assess my online account it’s stuck at loading page. Please advise. Thanks.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received email saying you are not allowed to take oath outside and please discard the previous email. I received my oth email on 31st for feb 16. I am currently outside but I have no plans to take oath from outside. I am coming back home next week. Called CIC and agent told me that if you are not planning to take oath from outside you don’t have to worry and take a oath as scheduled. Did anyone face same issue? Also I can assess my online account it’s stuck at loading page. Please advise. Thanks.
Same here I got the new email too. They sent me updated oath letter today by correcting the 6 months page to other info & asked me to ignore the previous letter.

Reactions: fulton1712

one1world

Sep 6, 2022
Same here I got the new email too. They sent me updated oath letter today by correcting the 6 months page to other info & asked me to ignore the previous letter.
Thank you, I was worried as top part of email referencing to discard the last email. I can’t access my online account is any one having issues with online account?