+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2021 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

vendod

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
The Sponsor who is a PR needs to be inside Canada when applying, you need to have a Canadain Residential address everywhere in the forms
Yes, I still have my house in Canada. I am just visiting family in India but long-staying here to get the vaccine.

krishnat

Jul 4, 2013
Yes, I still have my house in Canada. I am just visiting family in India but long-staying here to get the vaccine.
According to CIC, the sponsor should reside in Canada for the entire process unless they have Canadian citizenship. short trips for 2-3 weeks are okay but living outside Canada may cause rejections, I have seen a couple of friends who got rejections because of it and you can also find similar experiences in the forum from multiple people.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
yup, it was in junk emails, i cant believe i didnt check my junk mails properly. got delayed one month coz of this.

anyway, did my medical yesterday. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
You're welcome!! Glad you brought it up and that it was in fact there! All is good as you had 90 days anyhow.

Amor07

Apr 5, 2021
Hi everyone ,, i sent my application last january and they recieved it january 13. They msg us that they have started processing my application in march 2. And they ask for my medical exaM last march 22..done witb my medical exam today.

Can someone tell me wat do u mean by AOR..
And i cant link my application to my gc account.. tried many times..
Thanks

krishnat

Jul 4, 2013
Hi everyone ,, i sent my application last january and they recieved it january 13. They msg us that they have started processing my application in march 2. And they ask for my medical exaM last march 22..done witb my medical exam today.

Can someone tell me wat do u mean by AOR..
And i cant link my application to my gc account.. tried many times..
Thanks
AOR is acknowledgment from immigration office that you application check is completed (like forms,signatures,documents etc)..

when you trying to link sponsor application use `2` for number of applicants as both sponsor and PA are in the application.

Reactions: Akissi18 and Amor07

Amor07

Apr 5, 2021
AOR is acknowledgment from immigration office that you application check is completed (like forms,signatures,documents etc)..

when you trying to link sponsor application use `2` for number of applicants as both sponsor and PA are in the application.
Hello yes i did use 2 with the number of applicants.but still cant link it.but i will try again.
Got AOR, SA, Med exam and done with biometric last 2020..

Sharmaprakhar

May 5, 2019
Serious risk to send the file from India to a relative/friend here and tell them to forward it to IRCC. Sponsor mandatorily needs to be in Canada at all times barring an exception of a short vacation. In your case, since you are waiting for the vaccine in India, better to complete the documentation, verify it again and sit tight. Bring the documentation along with you whenever you land here and then dispatch your file to Nova Scotia Office. Till then, enjoy your time with the family.

Last edited:

Sharmaprakhar

May 5, 2019
This is definitely not the norm... not even close. Most of us will be lucky to see our apps completed within 12 months.
Well said, I would rather go on to say that people will feel "blessed"if their files are processed in 12 months. In Jan this year, IRCC has already expanded the timeline to 15 months for Inland and 17 months for Outland. Even if they now speed track the backlogs, anything under 12 months seems highly unlikely.

Reactions: his*marty

Amor07

Apr 5, 2021
Hi everyone i am having a hard time trying to link my application to my gckey account..i did all follow the instruction. But still no application found..help pls..