+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2021 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Dec 30, 2020
Hey Team Jan 2021 Outland.
I've been seeing in some other forums that a number of INLAND January 2021 applicants are receiving generic email reminders to pay their biometrics fees within a week or two of their applications being delivered. While the email is generic, they apparently come with temporary file numbers ... just wondering if anyone who applied outland in January 2021 has received this email? Thanks!

Christmarie

Aug 26, 2019
USA
Category........
FAM
Hi I just sent my application in through Canada post and they got it today. I put station B but my post office said Station A, does it make any difference thanks.

Anshika Gupta

Feb 3, 2021
For spousal PR, do you need to submit your bank statement as well?, I did submit my employer letter mentioning a full time job and salary and submit my 2019 tax return as well. Does it make your case strong? I did not submit for me. Also I am a PR, the only proof I submitted was my PR card front and back, no DL or anything, is it required?

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
For spousal PR, do you need to submit your bank statement as well?, I did submit my employer letter mentioning a full time job and salary and submit my 2019 tax return as well. Does it make your case strong? I did not submit for me. Also I am a PR, the only proof I submitted was my PR card front and back, no DL or anything, is it required?
I added the sponsor's last pay stub showing continuous income. The employer letter was a few months old because of COVID. I felt it made it stronger to show that he was still working. I also added bank statements/summaries to show joint accounts and totals. If you feel that it will explain your case more, then add it. I don't think it could hurt. I am kicking myself for not adding more. I was just worried about adding too much because of the statement about not sending more than 10 documents to show proof of contact. I think I could have sent more as proof of relationship. Driver's license is not required, just your passport.

sarveets

Nov 26, 2020
Hello all,

I applied outside of Canada but due to circumstances my Canadian common law partner and I moved back to Canada a couple days ago. Is this still treated as an outland application? Do I need to send any additional information? I have also applied for my open work permit, does that get processed before the Permanent Resident application?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello all,

I applied outside of Canada but due to circumstances my Canadian common law partner and I moved back to Canada a couple days ago. Is this still treated as an outland application? Do I need to send any additional information? I have also applied for my open work permit, does that get processed before the Permanent Resident application?
Welcome home. Yes still treated as outland, it can't be changed from out to in, advise them of your new address. No additional docs required. You aren't eligible for an OWP since you applied outland even though you are now in Canada. It will be refused.

sarveets

Nov 26, 2020
Thank you for your reply. You can apply for an OWP with outland application under the family class and if your partner is a skilled worker. Usually have to apply for permanent residence first ( application can be sent together or after)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your reply. You can apply for an OWP with outland application under the family class and if your partner is a skilled worker. Usually have to apply for permanent residence first ( application can be sent together or after)
No - you can't.

You're confusing spousal sponsorship + OWP application rules with skilled foreign worker + SOWP rules.

You can only apply for an OWP if your spouse has applied to sponsor you using the inland application process.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello all,

Yes - it's still an outland application. If you want your application to be inland, you have to withdraw the outland application and submit a brand new application inland.

Your OWP is going to be refused. You don't qualify. Again, your mixing up rules between OWPs and SOWPs. Huge difference.

sarveets

Nov 26, 2020
Thank you for the clarification. It can be very confusing but I was outside Canada when I applied. I just submitted it in January and then we moved to Canada early February. So even though I have my temporary resident visa can I apply qualify if I extend or change my condition? I do have a work permit that expired in February 2020, not sure that makes a difference

Last edited: