+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2021 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Amor07

Apr 5, 2021
Hi Guys,

I need some advice.
I am a PR holder.
I am going to sponsor my husband who lives in India.
I am planning to submit his family sponsorship application(Spouse Visa) by July/August 2021 as we are going to get married in June 2021.

1. Should we apply for his Visitor's visa as well so that he can visit me sometime while we wait for his Spouse Visa as currently the time for spouse visa is 12 months?

2. Should we apply for his Visitor's visa before getting married?

All the best to everyone.

Hoping for a sooner reply.
I am from PH and i suggest that dont apply for visitors b4 submitting.. but if u have previous trv then its ok..wat i have read and understood most of the application with a history of refused trv or ongoing trv, spousal application will be more likely to transfer to ur home country just like mine.. i was tranferred to MVo but if ur application is an easy one no further background verification will be most likely beijing or ottawa(which is the fast VO so far) manila vo is fast too so i dont mind..but if ur home country is a fast VO then it would be ok..and i am not sure if this applies to ur country..this is wat i observe in our Group.maybe i am wrong..btw 2021 application are moving fast..

Okotoks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
A question to the experts please: I Have applied in September, got the temporary number: xf ........ in November, checked the status with the temporary number many times and the answer was always: the review process of your file not yet started; until the mid-may where I was told that my number (xf.....) doesn't exist, the agent cross-checked with my name, DOB, etc.... and told me: yes your name is here and your application has disappeared ....... he confirmed that the payment is still there but no file in the system!!!!!!!!!!! he said he will send a not to Sydney asking for the reason.....maybe the file was returned. since I didn't receive back the file, I recalled it today (after 2 weeks ). I got the same answer: your file is not in the system and we sent a note 2 weeks back to Sydney but still no answer !!!!!!!. Does somebody had the same experience or can tell what happen???? Thanks

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
Hi Guys,

I need some advice.
I am a PR holder.
I am going to sponsor my husband who lives in India.
I am planning to submit his family sponsorship application(Spouse Visa) by July/August 2021 as we are going to get married in June 2021.

1. Should we apply for his Visitor's visa as well so that he can visit me sometime while we wait for his Spouse Visa as currently the time for spouse visa is 12 months?

2. Should we apply for his Visitor's visa before getting married?

All the best to everyone.

Hoping for a sooner reply.
Apply for the visitor visa before getting married, if possible. Otherwise, afterwards you will find it almost impossible to make a case for temporary stay visa.

RitzM

Feb 19, 2019
We received the medical request on Mar 3rd and completed on Mar 11. But still not updated in the account. Gonna be 90 days.

Akissi18

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
YEG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Passport Req..
27-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2021
LANDED..........
16-09-2021
Update: spouse completed his biometrics today, GCkey updated same day.

Reactions: Thankful94

CSilva

Jun 2, 2021
Hello Guys, So here is my situation:

- Application received on February 4
- Biometric Reminder received on June 2nd with March 4th date on it (has anyone experienced that)?

And so far no AOR, however there is a application number on the Biometric Reminder (which I was not able to track).

Anyone else on the same situation?

Anshika Gupta

Feb 3, 2021
Anyone waiting here to open VFS in India? Any alternative in nearby country?
I am , our online tool says decision made from last 1 month but have not received anything yet from visa office, file is in Ottawa Visa office. Don't know what to do? Normally after how many days do they send they letter confirming their decision and for passport request? I think they will wait for visa offices in India to open before they send me this email.... Need expert advise.

azizvohra

Dec 3, 2013
Silly me.. I forgot to mention about biometrics.. i mean to say any alternative for biometrics as VFS is closed in India...