+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2021 on wards Paper Based PR Applicants (PNP) waiting for AOR/MR/PPR/COPR - Let's join here and share application updates and status

dhavalmungra

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
Hi all , I really need some advice from you guys.
I apply for PNP paper based in November 2021 and still waiting for AOR
As I see it will take more than 10months to receive it But my WP will expire soon , anyone know how can I extend it without AOR.
Thanks for helping me
You should be able to apply for Work permit extension. Provide your TFN with the application.

By the way, when your work permit expires?

Lili123

Jul 11, 2017
You should be able to apply for Work permit extension. Provide your TFN with the application.

By the way, when your work permit expires?
Thanks for your advice.
Do you know how to receive TFN? Since I sent the package I never received anything back from IRCC , it’s confused me so much.
My WP will expire in mid June.

dhavalmungra

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
Thanks for your advice.
Do you know how to receive TFN? Since I sent the package I never received anything back from IRCC , it’s confused me so much.
I haven't applied for TFN but from this forum discussion, I believe you can get it through webform. Also if possible call IRCc and they can help you for TFN

I would encourage to apply for work permit extension as soon as you get TFN.

Helen&John

Feb 25, 2021
Thanks for your advice.
You can also talk to your employer for a closed WP. It will cost your employer $230.

jeffjay

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
Thanks for your advice.
Does your provincial PNP provide work permit support letter? If so, you can apply without AOR/TFN.

manideol06

Star Member
Dec 10, 2021
Hi, I applied PR application under PNP non express category (new online portal) in July 2021 with Outland dependent. Any idea how long it will take?? Someone told me it can take 2-3 years
not 2-3 years. its take 18 month . i am also applied same

crazyfin

Sep 6, 2021
Does your provincial PNP provide work permit support letter? If so, you can apply without AOR/TFN.
Is this true? I am still waiting for my AOR and would like to apply for BOWP. I also secured the work support letter. But ppl advised me that i could only get a closed WP instead BOWP.

jeffjay

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
Is this true? I am still waiting for my AOR and would like to apply for BOWP. I also secured the work support letter. But ppl advised me that i could only get a closed WP instead BOWP.
It is for closed work permit. That's a way for extending work permit. BOWP needs AOR.

Lili123

Jul 11, 2017
Thanks so much for your advices
Yes I think if I ask them probably they will issue one. But to do that my employer will also have to pay for the offer of employment right ?

jeffjay

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
Thanks so much for your advices
Yes I think if I ask them probably they will issue one. But to do that my employer will also have to pay for the offer of employment right ?
I believe the support letter is to exempt LMIA. As a closed work permit, the employer may still need to pay their fee.

cookimon28

Feb 3, 2022
I received a letter from IRCC asking for FBI Clearance. Does anyone know how long this will take? Any suggestions as to how I can get this clearance fast?

jeffjay

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
I received a letter from IRCC asking for FBI Clearance. Does anyone know how long this will take? Any suggestions as to how I can get this clearance fast?
FBI clearance is usually processed very fast and they send you electronic copy by email so that you can save time waiting for the mail. The only thing is to make sure you submit your fingerprint properly. Check FBI website for details. If your fingerprint is not taken properly, they cannot process for you. This can cause delays. Other than that, it depends on the time you send your fingerprint to them + several working days to process.

Reactions: cookimon28

cookimon28

Feb 3, 2022
FBI clearance is usually processed very fast and they send you electronic copy by email so that you can save time waiting for the mail. The only thing is to make sure you submit your fingerprint properly. Check FBI website for details. If your fingerprint is not taken properly, they cannot process for you. This can cause delays. Other than that, it depends on the time you send your fingerprint to them + several working days to process.
Thanks! Do you know how long an FBI clearance lasts? I did one in 2017 (when I came to Canada) so I am surprised to be asked again

jeffjay

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
Thanks! Do you know how long an FBI clearance lasts? I did one in 2017 (when I came to Canada) so I am surprised to be asked again
I believe every Police Clearance Certificate is assumed to be valid for one year after issuing. You need to submit a valid one when you apply. When your application is processed, if you PCC expires, they may also ask you to submit a new one.

Reactions: cookimon28