+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Hi Guys, I checked the online status of my application and it says to take the test after December 17 but I didn't receive any email. What should I do? Please guide...
Should've received it by now but if you don't receive it till 16th there's a link in your tracker to take the test or you can navigate here

Hope this helps.

OTW5074

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-04-2021
So here's the thing guys!! last night i had a dream that "i checked my application status and it was updated. I woke up at 7 and just because of that dream i checked my status.. I never check my application early in the morning (that too first thing in the morning while I'm still in my bed) because i used to think they probably start working around 9 so i'd check around 11 to see if there's an update..

And there was an update!! I FINALLY GOT TEST INVITE.. isn't that so so very strange lol.. no bs..

Finally a light of hope for all those who've been waiting for test invites since last 7-8 months ..and frustrated.. hope you alll get test invites too... It's about time lol.
congrats! Good luck with the test too!

Reactions: LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

nimesh1486

Apr 13, 2017
Hi Guys, I checked the online status of my application and it says to take the test after December 17 but I didn't receive any email. What should I do? Please guide...
Hey, I also did not receive any email but took the test anyways and the status got updated to Complete. I didn't contact the IRCC but would suggest that you do that and let them know that you are not receiving the email updates. Hope this helps.

OTW5074

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-04-2021
how does it work for the test btw for those of you who got the invitation? you get to pick any available time slot during the period they give you? or do they set a day for you?

Nov 1, 2016
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 - 24-01-2017, AOR2 20-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
24-07-2017, further tests requested 13-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
So here's the thing guys!! last night i had a dream that "i checked my application status and it was updated. I woke up at 7 and just because of that dream i checked my status.. I never check my application early in the morning (that too first thing in the morning while I'm still in my bed) because i used to think they probably start working around 9 so i'd check around 11 to see if there's an update..

And there was an update!! I FINALLY GOT TEST INVITE.. isn't that so so very strange lol.. no bs..

Finally a light of hope for all those who've been waiting for test invites since last 7-8 months ..and frustrated.. hope you alll get test invites too... It's about time lol.
WOW!!! That is so crazy!! Such great news and what a story to tell later! Hopefully I have a dream tonight about getting invited to write the test ;)

And very cool that there are three of you today that got invitation, all paper applications last updated with BGC complete in May 2021. That is my last update... so hoping we'll get the invite this week! They seem to come in spurts!
Great news! A second test invite today! Hoping to get ours soon :)

Nov 1, 2016
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
Hi everyone, I finally received my test invite. However, I did not receive any email for the test invite (this also happened to a friend of mine). I would suggest who are still waiting for the test invite to please check the application status on a regular basis. Below is the timeline. Request you to update the tracker.

Line 69 on the tracker sheet
Application sent Jan 05 2021
App. Received Jan 07 2021
AOR - Mar 09 2021
In Progress on eCAS - Apr 23 2021
Background was completed on Apr 28 2021
Citizenship Test updated to In Progress on Aug 30, 2021
Test Window - Nov 24 to Dec 14, 2021
Test Taken on Dec 11 2021 (Score - 19/20)
Citizenship Test Status changed to complete on Dec 13 2021

Language Skills, Physical Presence, Prohibitions - In Progress
Citizenship Ceremony - Not Started
Congrats on moving forward in the process. Hurray! They are still working... haven't shut down for Christmas yet!

nimesh1486

Apr 13, 2017
how does it work for the test btw for those of you who got the invitation? you get to pick any available time slot during the period they give you? or do they set a day for you?
So you can just login on the site and on the landing page it shows you your progress and at the top it will show "Action Awaited". You have the link to the test portal. You can take the test anytime within the time frame provided to you. They will verify a few information and you can then take the test.

Reactions: OTW5074

LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
WOW!!! That is so crazy!! Such great news and what a story to tell later! Hopefully I have a dream tonight about getting invited to write the test ;)

And very cool that there are three of you today that got invitation, all paper applications last updated with BGC complete in May 2021. That is my last update... so hoping we'll get the invite this week! They seem to come in spurts!

Great news! A second test invite today! Hoping to get ours soon :)
I know right! I thought it's not gonna come in December now. With Christmas break and all it might go to next year. But good to know that they're still processing. I also haven't received an email for the test yet. In the profile it says "contact the office that sent the invitation if you wanna reschedule or anything" so i suppose they'll send the email soon. But i think i should be able to click on that link and write my test. I'm not sure though.

Nov 1, 2016
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
I know right! I thought it's not gonna come in December now. With Christmas break and all it might go to next year. But good to know that they're still processing. I also haven't received an email for the test yet. In the profile it says "contact the office that sent the invitation if you wanna reschedule or anything" so i suppose they'll send the email soon. But i think i should be able to click on that link and write my test. I'm not sure though.
They have seemed quite active the past few weeks? I wonder if they're putting the foot to the metal trying to improve their processing times/backlogs on applications before the end of the year? Make things look better?

Yes, it seems that some aren't getting the email invite. People above seem to say you just click the link to write the test. No need to get the email. Good thing to check periodically for the invite! I check at least once a day :)

LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
They have seemed quite active the past few weeks? I wonder if they're putting the foot to the metal trying to improve their processing times/backlogs on applications before the end of the year? Make things look better?

Yes, it seems that some aren't getting the email invite. People above seem to say you just click the link to write the test. No need to get the email. Good thing to check periodically for the invite! I check at least once a day :)
Yes that's possible. I hope they continue processing quickly and not make us wait for another few months after test update for the final decision or oath lol. But at least once the test is done we've completed everything from our side and we're assured that our documents and application is sufficient to grant the citizenship.

MDobrescu

Dec 7, 2021
No, you can pretty much take the test whenever you want , they will take pics of you taking the test , its automated so no need for someone to actually watch you

Reactions: OTW5074