Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
App. Filed.......
15-01-2021
AOR Received.
15-01-2021
suggestions for going 'Upfront Medical' before receiving Re-Medical request.

Is this Upfront medical will help only for those whose eligibility is already cleared, or it's advisable to go for upfront even if the eligibility is not started yet? Plz drop your suggestions @legalfalcon
I have the same question. If eligibility is not started can we go for upfront medical. Today many jan 2021 FSW O AOR RECEIVED PPR AFTER DOING UPFRONT MEDICAL

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
suggestions for going 'Upfront Medical' before receiving Re-Medical request.

Is this Upfront medical will help only for those whose eligibility is already cleared, or it's advisable to go for upfront even if the eligibility is not started yet? Plz drop your suggestions @legalfalcon

tshtsh

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
In my own case I have done my remedical and was given an eMedical information sheet by the hospital but when I log into GCKey I'm still seeing Your Action is required. Does this mean the panel physician has not uploaded my results or IRCC is yet to review my medicals ?

Hemmant Singh

Jan 8, 2022
In my own case I have done my remedical and was given an eMedical information sheet by the hospital but when I log into GCKey I'm still seeing Your Action is required. Does this mean the panel physician has not uploaded my results or IRCC is yet to review my medicals ?
Ircc is yet to review ur medicals as the physicians send the results to ircc on the same day they send u as there is no movement in Jan Feb application that's why it's showing the the same

Vidnomenon

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-10-2020
Passport Req..
20-06-2022
I've seen some movement on late 2020 and early 2021 files. Many of these guys are recommending going for an upfront because that's what they did.

Personally, I've waited since October 2021 (when my meds expired) for a remed request and it's quite annoying to see apps with very recent expiry dates for their meds get PPR.

I have just gone ahead and booked an appointment for next month (earliest date I could get, because it seems like people are starting to catch on) and let's see how it goes.

If I get a remed request before then, perfect, if it's PPR by some stroke of luck, even better, and if nothing, then I hope this upfront triggers some activity on my application

neha_415

Oct 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
App. Filed.......
15-01-2021
AOR Received.
15-01-2021
I've seen some movement on late 2020 and early 2021 files. Many of these guys are recommending going for an upfront because that's what they did.

Personally, I've waited since October 2021 (when my meds expired) for a remed request and it's quite annoying to see apps with very recent expiry dates for their meds get PPR.

I have just gone ahead and booked an appointment for next month (earliest date I could get, because it seems like people are starting to catch on) and let's see how it goes.

If I get a remed request before then, perfect, if it's PPR by some stroke of luck, even better, and if nothing, then I hope this upfront triggers some activity on my application
Same, I am too going to take this chance and see how it goes.

Reactions: Vidnomenon

Pan_Tadek

Feb 18, 2022

Same here, I waited since Dec 2021(when my meds expired) but got extension about 10 days ago (Status changed from "You don't need ..." "You passed medical..on ...02.2022), which makes me believe that I shoudn't be expecting any further update for 3-6 months as IRCC needs time to process my application and so my meds have been extended instead of asking for re-meds at this point of time.

P.S. AOR Jan'21, FSW O

Last edited:

Buho09

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
Same here, I waited since Dec 2021(when my meds expired) but got extension about 10 days ago (Status changed from "You don't need ..." "You passed medical..on ...02.2022), which makes me believe that I shoudn't be expecting any further update for 3-6 months as IRCC needs time to process my application and so my meds have been extended instead of asking for re-meds at this point of time.

P.S. AOR Jan'21, FSW O
that's good news
what is your CoR and Vo ?
is your eligibility passed ?

winnie2022

Dec 10, 2021
I just got my GMCS notes yesterday (requested 3 months ago) that say:

AOR Jan 6, 2021
FSW-O
Primary Office: Ottawa
Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Not Started
Medical - Passed - Expired
InfoSharing: Complete

There is a section that said "Application Assignment" To..By.. Due Date: 2022/01/31. However, I havent received any update so far.

I already booked an Upfront Medical Exam, but I'm torn on whether I should go.
In case if you guys do a Medical Exam, do you bring any documents/ provide any Numbers so that the report is linked to your current application?

Last edited:

Vidnomenon

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-10-2020
Passport Req..
20-06-2022
I just got my GMCS notes yesterday (requested 3 months ago) that say:

AOR Jan 6, 2021
FSW-O
Primary Office: Ottawa
Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Not Started
Medical - Passed - Expired
InfoSharing: Complete

There is a section that said "Application Assignment" To..By.. Due Date: 2022/01/31. However, I havent received any update so far.

I already booked an Upfront Medican Exam, but I'm torn on whether I should go.
In case if you guys do a Medical Exam, do you bring any documents/ provide any Numbers so that the report is linked to your current application?
I have the same AOR as you and I just booked my upfront as well.

Once you've done it, they'll give you a document that you can upload. If IRCC had requested for a new medical, like they should have, then there would be an IME number to directly link it to your profile.

Going on your own means you'll have to inform them via a webform and hope they recognize quickly.

winnie2022

Dec 10, 2021
I have the same AOR as you and I just booked my upfront as well.

Once you've done it, they'll give you a document that you can upload. If IRCC had requested for a new medical, like they should have, then there would be an IME number to directly link it to your profile.

Going on your own means you'll have to inform them via a webform and hope they recognize quickly.
Do you think there is a risk that the process of linking it if I go by myself will make the processing more complicated than it already is? (like the other post has indicated)
I havent received any remed request from IRCC :(

Vidnomenon

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-10-2020
Passport Req..
20-06-2022
Do you think there is a risk that the process of linking it if I go by myself will make the processing more complicated than it already is? (like the other post has indicated)
I havent received any remed request from IRCC :(
To be honest, it might make it more complicated but it might not too.

In my case, my medicals have already been expired for 3 months now and there has been no remed request, so I'm willing to take a gamble.

The new date I got is early next month, which is plenty of time for IRCC to issue a remed request if they actually plan on doing so.

Otherwise, I think triggering some movement on my app with an upfront is the way to go. There are plenty reports of folks just going for an upfront on their own, passing, and getting PPR in the space of two weeks.

So, yes there's a risk, but I am taking it.

Pan_Tadek

Feb 18, 2022
that's good news
what is your CoR and Vo ?
is your eligibility passed ?
I don't know status of my eligibility but I am assuming not yet, else I'd have got a re-med request instead of extension.

just guessing since I read that meds are usually extended for 6 months.

May be someone in the forum knows what does meds extension actually means in terms of status of the application? I'll be happy to know myself.

Reactions: fdelliott2