Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hopefully someone can help ( @legalfalcon ?). We got and submitted our photos in the PR confirmation portal and waiting for eCOPR. However, my dependent has to go to US next week and stay there for two weeks. He has a student permit that’s still valid, and a tourist visa that’s also still valid. I understand that if you don’t have a PR card yet, you need a PRTD to enter Canada. Can he reenter Canada on the basis of his student visa or his tourist visa? Any effects on the PR application of doing so?
As soon as the COPR is issued, all other visas will be cancelled. To return back into Canada you will need a PR card or PRTD.

However, if you are entering by road in a non-commercial vehicle, you can even use a COPR without a PR card.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon do I need to be active on job bank while my application is in process? I have given up on it as getting job from there is next to impossible.
Not required. It is just a formality to have a job bank account, that is all.

F546

Jan 24, 2021
Any negative impact on the application if the account balance lowers than what was given on the POF but still fulfills the funds requirement? Eligibility is yet to be verified!

Jasmeet1723

Jan 27, 2020
Anyone got a GHOST UPDATE from Vancouver VO.
I got one where the "We are reviewing additional you provided" changed to "Not applicable"
This happened after 4 months of inactivity.

ashishschdv1

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
I got one where the "We are reviewing additional you provided" changed to "Not applicable"
They are awake now, I also got an ghost update from Vancouver VO.

Reactions: Jasmeet1723

marinamuricy

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
I also got a little update today (or at least I only saw it today bc it has been a little while since I logged in).
My biometrics were approved and updated under the "Details about your application status" with my AOR date (January 20).

When I got my biometrics done on March 11 it only updated under the Applicant Information.

VO Mexico.

Sujithavarma

Nov 25, 2020
@legalfalcon IRCC agent told that my file is in CIO Nova Scotia which is my secondary visa office. But my primary VO is CPC Ottawa. Ideally file would be processed in primary VO right? But mine is in secondary VO, is that ok?

TR1111

Dec 7, 2020
Dunno my VO yet, but when I try to login, I keep getting re-directed to the homepage/splash page, despite using incognito mode and changing browsers. I haven't been able to enter my account page since the last 1 hour despite several attempts, perhaps I have a ghost update?! Will only know after a few hours I guess...

Jasmeet1723

Jan 27, 2020
Dunno my VO yet, but when I try to login, I keep getting re-directed to the homepage/splash page, despite using incognito mode and changing browsers. I haven't been able to enter my account page since the last 1 hour despite several attempts, perhaps I have a ghost update?! Will only know after a few hours I guess...
it would not be redirecting to Term & Conditions page. It would lead to the language select page. Click on ENGLISH, it would redirect to the CIC page.

Now, there are two options being shown one is on Left side Sign in or create account and on right side there should be also login option don't remember what it is. You just do right side login try and then left login side try. The Terms & Conditions page will show up. This hack worked for me many times.

Otherwise you should try different web browser. Also, use incognito, private windows. If nothing happens and you are being redirected to language page , try the above hack.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon IRCC agent told that my file is in CIO Nova Scotia which is my secondary visa office. But my primary VO is CPC Ottawa. Ideally file would be processed in primary VO right? But mine is in secondary VO, is that ok?
A file can be transferred to any visa office across the IRCC network. See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/file-transfer.html

The primary office is the which is responsible for the file or where it originated and will be issuing the COPR, whereas the secondary office is where your file current is being processed.

TR1111

Dec 7, 2020
it would not be redirecting to Term & Conditions page. It would lead to the language select page. Click on ENGLISH, it would redirect to the CIC page.

Now, there are two options being shown one is on Left side Sign in or create account and on right side there should be also login option don't remember what it is. You just do right side login try and then left login side try. The Terms & Conditions page will show up. This hack worked for me many times.

Otherwise you should try different web browser. Also, use incognito, private windows. If nothing happens and you are being redirected to language page , try the above hack.
Thanks for the tip, the usual login way just worked for me just now. No ghost update though, I didn't see the "Application Updated" text, it was just showing "Submitted" as usual. Whatever it is, I really hope we all see some positive news this month! :)

Reactions: Jasmeet1723