+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>>>January 2021<<<<<<<<<< AoR Join here

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
I’m FSW-O and got this response to my web form

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
  • Your application meets the eligibility requirementsunder the immigration program for which you have applied.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification has not been initiated.
I’ve read that cpc Ottawa is for only temporary residents and applications from within Canada
May I know when did you raise your web form and how long it took for them to return with answer? Did you ask them about application status?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi,
How many days generally it takes to receive GCMS notes after application
Thanks

It's almost as good as coin toss whether you will receive your GCMS file in 30 days or if it's going to take far longer (Some/one GCMS provider has disproportionately been receiving 90 day extensions, so beware from where you request).

The unfortunate part is that IRCC has categorized 3rd party GCMS providers into tiers when it comes to extensions.

As a result some 3rd parties will fairly consistently receive 90 days extensions when you get gcms while others receive 60 day extensions if and when extensions are taken

These actions of IRCC were revealed in response to an ATIP request and are an undisputed fact.

CBSA on other hand has a better track; review this detailed comparison for requesting Gcms Notes from IRCC vs CBSA https://bit.ly/34nuJPu

F546

Jan 24, 2021
Does CIO process PR applications? I was of the view that it only received and forwarded applications to CPC but mine is still at CIO and I am concerned now. It's been two and half months since biometrics enrolment was completed.

srmocher

Apr 15, 2021
Submitted a webform to IRCC about my application status (background check status) and actually surprised they responded in 10 days. Not super helpful though, so I might need to ask for GCMS notes.
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:

• Submitted by mail (if it was not linkedto an online account):
  • Submitted online orsubmitted by mail and linked to an online account:
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Does CIO process PR applications? I was of the view that it only received and forwarded applications to CPC but mine is still at CIO and I am concerned now. It's been two and half months since biometrics enrolment was completed.
It can continue at CIO as well.

Shubham6120

Jul 30, 2020
Gujarat
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01/01/2020
Doc's Request.
18/02/2021
AOR Received.
01/02/2021
IELTS Request
18/07/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2021
Med's Done....
18/02/2021
Passport Req..
02/05/2022
VISA ISSUED...
13/05/2022
I’m FSW-O and got this response to my web form

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
  • Your application meets the eligibility requirementsunder the immigration program for which you have applied.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification has not been initiated.
I’ve read that cpc Ottawa is for only temporary residents and applications from within Canada
Hi, can you please share what's written in your Background check?
In progress or processing?

sriram17293

Dec 1, 2020
@Everyone: Realistically, what are your thoughts on when we (Jan 2021 AoR folks) can expect to get a PPR, assuming BIL/MEP are done by now? By the end of this year, perhaps?

afc1

Apr 27, 2021
end of this year if we are being optimistic. otherwise could be spring/summer 2022
I'm working on this assumption too (unfortunately). For anyone of the right age, IEC has re-opened and seem to be making invites if you have a valid job offer. If you're desperate to get out there quicker, this seems like a good option for anyone who fits the criteria! https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/eligibility.asp

Meenu Manpreet gill

Oct 13, 2020
They have been holding the COPR for more than a year. There are many threads on this website dedicated to this topic. There are several PA (inland) + Spouse (outland) cases that have been on hold since 2019. There are many of such cases who have been waiting for more than a year. We are building a story with the help of media and it will be soon published. We have also created dedicated discord server for this and also regularly tweeting but to no avail. We have also sent a letter to the parliament committee to express our situation and how painful it has become for us. No one is listening and it doesn't seem like anything will happen this year or next year.
Hey I m in same situation .inland with Outland dependents.