FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
App. Filed.......
15-01-2021
AOR Received.
15-01-2021
DId not enquire about the Visa Office.
I was purely calling to know more about the breakdown of Background check and eligibility.

I read that you were planning to call IRCC. Could you get through and get adequate information?
Yeah my last call was on 11th March, it was same status nothing changed. Now skeptical to call again don't know how it will impact my file

no_nonslense

Aug 29, 2020
How did you contact ircc?

My TextNow app isn't accepting the payment for some reason ! Your genuine suggestion would really help !
I honestly gave up on getting a virtual Canadian Number on TextNow - I tried every other area code possible but none of them are available.

I used Skype to call them. Merging another query on my post with yours:

Can I ask you which country are you applying from and how did you manage to call IRCC from outside of Canada? I tried the number mentioned here on the forum, but the robot says that they don't answer questions about the visa status, so I was not sure should I proceed or not. I have kind of the same timeline, except I have no idea about Eligibility and Security
I am slightly concerned about privacy on forums so instead of the country, I would say that I am a resident of Asia as a continent. Apologies for not providing this detail on a micro-level. Regarding calling IRCC from outside Canada, here is the procedure:

Download Skype for Android/iOS.
Signup/Signin as usual.

Signup for the Skype to Phone free trial for a month. Choose Canada from the countries you would like to call. You might see 0 as the amount to be paid but while completing the transaction, a pre-defined amount will be charged and rolled back (credited back).
Once you see the subscription activated, you may proceed to call +19056125416 . You will hear "Welcome to Pearson International Airport" but continue with the call.

I'd like to mention that Skype probably blocks you from calling that number again for 24 hours if your call gets disconnected or if you try calling without having your details ready (Application Number and UCI) .
I took around 10-11 minutes to understand what options I had to select from the IVR. It is slightly confusing but listen carefully. I do not remember the sequence of options selected.
thanks for sharing.
Eligibility passed and security in progress.. this is good news for us Outland folks
Not sure of whether it is a good sign yet. I would consider the PPR a good news :) Let's hope we get through soon.
Cheers!

no_nonslense

Aug 29, 2020
doesn't Background status change to "Your application is in progress..." when eligibility is passed? that's what i have seen as the trend on here
I was anticipating this too. But the background status currently is "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
I honestly gave up on getting a virtual Canadian Number on TextNow - I tried every other area code possible but none of them are available.

I used Skype to call them. Merging another query on my post with yours:

I am slightly concerned about privacy on forums so instead of the country, I would say that I am a resident of Asia as a continent. Apologies for not providing this detail on a micro-level. Regarding calling IRCC from outside Canada, here is the procedure:

Download Skype for Android/iOS.
Signup/Signin as usual.

Signup for the Skype to Phone free trial for a month. Choose Canada from the countries you would like to call. You might see 0 as the amount to be paid but while completing the transaction, a pre-defined amount will be charged and rolled back (credited back).
Once you see the subscription activated, you may proceed to call +19056125416 . You will hear "Welcome to Pearson International Airport" but continue with the call.

I'd like to mention that Skype probably blocks you from calling that number again for 24 hours if your call gets disconnected or if you try calling without having your details ready (Application Number and UCI) .
I took around 10-11 minutes to understand what options I had to select from the IVR. It is slightly confusing but listen carefully. I do not remember the sequence of options selected.

Not sure of whether it is a good sign yet. I would consider the PPR a good news :) Let's hope we get through soon.
Cheers!
For checking eligibility, do they call our company to check if we work there.. if so, they call in morning ist?

Serb11

Dec 15, 2020
I was anticipating this too. But the background status currently is "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
interesting. although people are relying on what the agents tell them, ive also heard of cases where agents tell the person one thing and after calling again weeks later they're told a different thing. wonder how reliable this calling thing is

Jan 7, 2021
CEC Inland
AOR: Jan 20
Medical Approved: February 10 (upfront)
Biometrics: February 18
Background Check Completed: March 25
Eligibility: Passed April 1
Final Decision - Application Approved: April 1

No COPR document yet. But COPR information is in my account.

Hope everyone gets their final decisions soon!

Last edited:

dkincanada

Jul 8, 2020
CEC Inland

No COPR document yet. But COPR information in my account.

Congrats.

do you know your visa office?
Did you have any ghost updates?

Jan 7, 2021
Congrats.

do you know your visa office?
Did you have any ghost updates?
Thank you! I didn't know my visa office, nor did I keep up with ghost updates (I only knew about ghost updates recently, so it was pointless trying to figure out where I am since I probably missed some already). I've had no luck trying to call the IRCC, so I had just decided to wait it out.

The only concern I have though is that the CoPR information lists my old passport details, which is expiring this coming July. I had renewed my passport in February and sent it as an attachment via webform in March. Should I be concerned? Do I need to call the IRCC?

I also had submitted a bridging-over work permit application with my new passport details after sending that webform, but got notice yesterday that the application was cancelled (due to the CoPR, I'm assuming) - so they should have my new passport details right?

Last edited:

Buho09

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
CEC Inland

wow that was FAST
CEC Inland

Congratulations

Reactions: stressed_desserts

MapleSyrupPoutine

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
UK
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
05-01-2021
CEC Inland

Congratulations! That was quick. Let us know when you get your COPR :)

Reactions: stressed_desserts

Aannie1234

Feb 19, 2021
CEC Inland
AOR: Jan 27
Medical Approved: Jan 27 (upfront)
Biometrics: Given in 2019
Background Check Completed: March 23
Eligibility: Passed March 31
Final Decision - Application Approved: March 31

No COPR document yet. But COPR information in my account.
Hi
Just wanted to know what does this mean" COPR information in your account "

asf56

Sep 23, 2020
Greetings,
Got off the call with IRCC yesterday and my status is as follows:
AOR - 9 Jan 2021
FSW - Outland
Medicals: Passed on Feb 12 2021
Biometrics submitted: Feb 26 2021
Eligibility: Passed
Security: In Progress
Criminality: Not Started

Edit: My Background status says "We are processing your background check.."

My question to the forum:
Provided that border regulations change for applicants like me and we are allowed to enter Canada, how long does one assume for the PPR to be issued after Eligibility?
Thanks.
What does your portal show for eligibility status now?