+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>>>January 2021<<<<<<<<<< AoR Join here

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Yes FSW O.. i dont know if its like done and dusted or they will again look at it. Is it possible to finish eligibility in one go and in 2months from AOR
Great to see that your eligibility passed. But I m very curious and confused to see that some Nov 2020 FSW-O applicant still waiting for the eligibility to start where as Jan 2021 ppl have their eligibility passed. Am I missing something?

Aannie1234

Feb 19, 2021
So i called ircc they told me medical is done, biometric is done, criminality is in process and security and eligibility not yet started.
Anyone else on the same situation ?

gautamatuag

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
I am 18 Jan 2021 AOR, and currently for my application I have completed Biometrics. So am waiting for the PPR like all others.

Now my current employer has applied a Work Permit for me as there is a requirement in Canada.
I gave my UCI number (allocated to me during PR process) to my employer which they used while applying for WP.

Do I need to inform IRCC on the PR application about my WP application, or will they identify the same using the UCI number.

Chaudharyritu

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
@legalfalcon please guide..i called ircc yesterday.. agent said eligibility is under review now, they are checking whether i meet the eligibility so review is required.. i am an ee- pnp outland candidate, i submitted same docs that i had at the time of pnp nomination and got the nomination easily.. i am worried abt whether they will find those docs apt to clear my eligibility.. also i heard that for pnp candidates eligibility check is just a matter of formality as provinces have already done verification on there part, to what extent its correct? Really worried.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@legalfalcon please guide..i called ircc yesterday.. agent said eligibility is under review now, they are checking whether i meet the eligibility so review is required.. i am an ee- pnp outland candidate, i submitted same docs that i had at the time of pnp nomination and got the nomination easily.. i am worried abt whether they will find those docs apt to clear my eligibility.. also i heard that for pnp candidates eligibility check is just a matter of formality as provinces have already done verification on there part, to what extent its correct? Really worried.
If there is no specific reason for a review required then nothing to be concerned about as long as you submitted a complete application and meet the criteria.

Reactions: mvneema10

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
The laws and the rules for the PNP and IRCC are different. PNP applications and nominations are processed in accordance with the Immigration laws of the province you apply. Eg for Ontario it is the Ontario Immigration Act, 2015; for Saskatchewan, it is the Foreign Worker Recruitment and Immigration Services Act (FWRISA), 2013 etc.

Just because you received the PNP nomination does not mean that these documents will be good for IRCC too. All documents submitted to IRCC have to comply with the IRCC requirements and the processed under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. IRCC will do its own due diligence and review the documents even if you have received the nomination. So who ever informed you that it is just a formality, is incorrect.

If you met the requirements of IRCC, then you need not worry.

I had an old post on RR, re-posting it here.

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

Last edited:

Chaudharyritu

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
The laws and the rules for the PNP and IRCC are different. PNP applications and nominations are processed in accordance with the Immigration laws of the province you apply. Eg for Ontario it is the Ontario Immigration Act, 2015; for Saskatchewan, it is the Foreign Worker Recruitment and Immigration Services Act (FWRISA), 2013 etc.

Just because you received the PNP nomination does not mean that these documents will be good for IRCC too. All documents submitted to IRCC have to comply with the IRCC requirements and the processed under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. IRCC will do its own due diligence and review the documents even if you have received the nomination. So who ever informed you that it is just a formality, is incorrect.

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.

Thankyou for your reply.. i cant see anything missing in my documents so will wait and pray for smooth and timely processing of my application.

Reactions: legalfalcon

apple121

Nov 6, 2020

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

I have a question, can the background check start before the eligibility is validated ?

calis_s

Star Member
Oct 3, 2020
I have a question, can the background check start before the eligibility is validated ?
As far as I know, background check consists of two stages which are criminality and security. Criminality can start before eligibility is passed. However, for security you have to pass eligibility first.

Reactions: apple121