+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>>>January 2021<<<<<<<<<< AoR Join here

akh136

Star Member
Apr 18, 2019
Hi guys, couple of queries . Would request your valuable advice
1. I changed my work profile in Jan-22 , to a different noc . What should I do with respect to my ee application ?
2. My residential address is going to change next week, is there anything needed to be done about it ?
@legalfalcon

Mak90X

Mar 9, 2022
@legalfalcon and other experienced members, please advise
Steps to follow to take your spouse with you ? Will she be able to work there ?
If you are main applicant, then you just need to send webform to IRCC about your marraige, they will request you to fill some forms, provide supporting documents and do medicals etc. Make sure to check with them once you have provided the documents and your wife is included in your application. Once you both get the PR, both can work , no limitations there.

Mak90X

Mar 9, 2022
1. I changed my work profile in Jan-22 , to a different noc . What should I do with respect to my ee application ?
2. My residential address is going to change next week, is there anything needed to be done about it ?
@legalfalcon
1 - If you have already applied, that you will be judged based on the experience you already submitted to them. Subsequent changes does not impact your application. so no action required.

2- No as all communication happens on registered email address or portal. still you can send a webform about the change of address, expect a month or more to be updated in your records.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

1. If you changed your NOC post submission, you do not have to do anything. IF you changed your employer, you have to inform IRCC so that if they want to verify your employment they are aware that you no longer work thgere.

2. YEs, send a webform and inform IRCC of the change of address. IF it's in the same country, not a big deal.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon and other experienced members, please advise
Steps to follow to take your spouse with you ? Will she be able to work there ?

If your application is already in progress, you have to inform IRCC of a change in the family composition and send IRCC the documents to add your spouse to the application.

After your inform IRCC via webform, usually, these are the documents that will be requested:

1. An IMM8 Application
2. Schedule A form for spouse
3. Additional Family Information form for primary applicant and spouse.
4. Fee receipt for spouse - Processing fee ($550) and right of permanent residence fee ($490).
5. Birth Certificate of spouse, translation, and affidavit of translation.
6. Copy of Spouse's Passport
7. Copy of marriage certificate and marriage registration
8. Wedding Card and Photographs
9. Police clearance certificate for the primary applicant and spouse
10. Spouse's upfront medical
11. Letter of Explanation (If required)

Once your spouse is added to the application, you will be issued a COPR/PR visa.

yz1525

Star Member
Apr 29, 2022
If your application is already in progress, you have to inform IRCC of a change in the family composition and send IRCC the documents to add your spouse to the application.

After your inform IRCC via webform, usually, these are the documents that will be requested:

1. An IMM8 Application
4. Fee receipt for spouse - Processing fee ($550) and right of permanent residence fee ($490).

Once your spouse is added to the application, you will be issued a COPR/PR visa.
Hi, can I add my common-law partner after AOR?
Also, I wonder what the average response time is for the Webform these days...
Many thanks!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, can I add my common-law partner after AOR?
Also, I wonder what the average response time is for the Webform these days...
Many thanks!
The definition of common law for IRCC is

In the immigration context, a common-law partnership means that a couple have lived together for at least one year in a conjugal relationship [R1(1)]. A common-law relationship exists from the day on which two individuals can provide evidence to support their cohabitation in a conjugal relationship. The onus is on the applicant to prove that they have been living common-law for at least one year before an application is received at CPC-M.

A common-law relationship is legally a de facto relationship, meaning that it must be established in each individual case, based on the facts. This is in contrast to a marriage, which is legally a de jure relationship, meaning that it has been established in law.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-determining-spouse/assessing-common.html

If you were in a CL, you had to declare it in your initial application, unless you just entered into CL.

yz1525

Star Member
Apr 29, 2022

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you. In my case, I entered into CL after the AOR.
I am not privy to your case, so I cannot affirmatively state anything.

Also, any response from me should not be construed as legal advice.

I have pointed out the regulations that apply to your case, and you can make a determination. Alternatively, you can contact an immigration lawyer for your case to be assessed.

yz1525

Star Member
Apr 29, 2022
I am not privy to your case, so I cannot affirmatively state anything.

Also, any response from me should not be construed as legal advice.

I have pointed out the regulations that apply to your case, and you can make a determination. Alternatively, you can contact an immigration lawyer for your case to be assessed.
Sure, I see. Thank you very much for your response.

Jazzpanag

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10 May'22
IELTS Request
L-8,R-8,S-7.5,W-7.5
Passport Req..
25th May'22
Hello house , Please respond,

if anyone gone through the same situation

I am thinking of uploading upfront medical scanned copies along with Schedule A & PCC in place holder.

Is it advisable to get the upfront medical updated in profile (I have also received remed. request)?

TIA

akh136

Star Member
Apr 18, 2019

1. An IMM8 Application

Thanks a ton for detailed response.
Just one additional piece of information, what happens if we marry post copr ? Visitor visa only option ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks a ton for detailed response.
Just one additional piece of information, what happens if we marry post copr ? Visitor visa only option ?
COPR does not matter. Your status as a PR matters. Unless you land in Canada, after a COPR is issued, and are admitted until then you are not a PR.

Even if you have been issued a COPR, before you land, your family composition changes, you have to inform IRCC, and add the family members to your application. Your COPR will be cancelled, the application will be reopened, and after the new individual is processed, new COPRs and PR visas will be issued.

If you have landed, then your family member can get a visitors visa or you can apply for family sponsorship.

The above is presuming that you are not in Canada.

If you are in Canada, and get a e-COPR, effective the day you receive the COPR or the date on the COPR, whichever is earlier, you are deemed to have attained the status of PR.

akh136

Star Member
Apr 18, 2019
COPR does not matter. Your status as a PR matters. Unless you land in Canada, after a COPR is issued, and are admitted until then you are not a PR.

Even if you have been issued a COPR, before you land, your family composition changes, you have to inform IRCC, and add the family members to your application. Your COPR will be cancelled, the application will be reopened, and after the new individual is processed, new COPRs and PR visas will be issued.

If you have landed, then your family member can get a visitors visa or you can apply for family sponsorship.

The above is presuming that you are not in Canada.

If you are in Canada, and get a e-COPR, effective the day you receive the COPR or the date on the COPR, whichever is earlier, you are deemed to have attained the status of PR.
This is tricky !
Suppose after PPR I get married and raise a web form, the ppr would be cancelled and then process for new person will begin.

Is there an option that I inform IRCC about new person, then land in Canada alone and then call her on visa ?