+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>>>January 2021<<<<<<<<<< AoR Join here

sm07

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Do not want to add my child in my application but got request letter to add, how to respond

Hi,

In response to 'ready for visa' email, I informed the birth of my child to ircc. However, I mentioned that I do not want to add my child in my application. But, I received a request letter in my account acknowledging my intention to add my child in my application and asked me to submit documents within 30 days. They said if I failed to meet the deadline, they will make a decision on the existing documents and the application could be rejected. I saw a link has been opened in my account to upload documents.
How can I inform ircc that I DO NOT WANT TO ADD my child to my application? How can I send reply to IRCC that I never intended to add my child. Is it mandatory to add my children as my dependent prior landing?

My child is a US citizen and I believe he can accompany me in Canada while landing without any visa. Is that correct? My spouse and I, intend to land in Canada and stay there for 2-3 weeks. Will my child be able to accompany me as he is a US citizen? @legalfalcon

Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do not want to add my child in my application but got request letter to add, how to respond

Hi,

In response to 'ready for visa' email, I informed the birth of my child to ircc. However, I mentioned that I do not want to add my child in my application. But, I received a request letter in my account acknowledging my intention to add my child in my application and asked me to submit documents within 30 days. They said if I failed to meet the deadline, they will make a decision on the existing documents and the application could be rejected. I saw a link has been opened in my account to upload documents.
How can I inform ircc that I DO NOT WANT TO ADD my child to my application? How can I send reply to IRCC that I never intended to add my child. Is it mandatory to add my children as my dependent prior landing?

My child is a US citizen and I believe he can accompany me in Canada while landing without any visa. Is that correct? My spouse and I, intend to land in Canada and stay there for 2-3 weeks. Will my child be able to accompany me as he is a US citizen? @legalfalcon

Thanks.
You must add your child. It is not an option or you will never be able to sponsor them.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Hi,

Thanks.
It is not an option to add or not. All family members, whether accompanying or not, have to be admissible to Canada.

You cannot show up at the border without adding your child to the application. If you do not, then that amounts to misrepresentation. You will have to add your child and submit the documents for medicals/ birth certificate and Passport along with the forms. Minors are not subject to criminality and security.

Only after your minor's medicals are passed, your application will be approved, and all individuals in your application will receive a COPR (if accompanying.)

Buho09

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
Hi everyone,

FSW-O
AOR : JAN 23rd

I ordered GCMS notes from Ircc on July 13th and received them yesterday Aug 18th

ASSESSMENTS

Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:
Final:

I'm about to complete 7 months since AOR and eligibility hasn't even started.
I don't wanna sound pessimistic but I don't think we (Outland applicants) will get our PPRs by the end of 2021. Hopefully during the 1st quarter of 2022. Fingers crossed.

Rayan89

Feb 12, 2021
Melbourne, AUS
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
No Idea
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-01-2021
AOR Received.
19-01-2021
Med's Done....
16-03-2021
Hi everyone,

FSW-O

I ordered GCMS notes from Ircc on July 13th and received them yesterday Aug 18th

ASSESSMENTS

HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

I don't wanna sound pessimistic but I don't think we (Outland applicants) will get our PPRs by the end of 2021. Hopefully during the 1st quarter of 2022. Fingers crossed.
In notes section of GCMS, has assessment of your eligibility begun yet or not?
Is their anything like A11.2 ??
And what's your Country of residence?

Buho09

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
In notes section of GCMS, has assessment of your eligibility begun yet or not?
Is their anything like A11.2 ??
And what's your Country of residence?
there is no A11.2
there is only: R10 OK recommendation: Pass by Program Assistant in note 1
CoR: Morocco
Primary Office: Rabat
Secondary: CIO

maradona007

Nov 26, 2020
One possibility is that eligibility may have passed.
Best way to know either call IRCC or raise a GCMS request.
@AishB : It seems we are sailing in the same boat, just a week apart. I received ITA on 9th Dec 2020:
AOR - 28th Jan 2021
MEP/BIL Passed- 12th Feb 2021
Biometrics Passed- 3rd March 2021
Since, then receive no update or GU as well. Not sure, how much more time it's gonna take. Do you have any update on your file?

manasi0392

Jun 1, 2021
Hi everyone,

FSW-O

ASSESSMENTS

HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

How did you order GCMS Notes ?

bazxhelen

Jan 15, 2021
Hi everyone,

FSW-O

ASSESSMENTS

HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

My AOR is Jan 20th, FSW-O. I have ordered GCMS notes twice in the past two months, really anxiously waiting. And just received exactly the same results as yours. I am currently based in the UK. No hope for this year, I guess.

tshtsh

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
@AishB : It seems we are sailing in the same boat, just a week apart. I received ITA on 9th Dec 2020:
AOR - 28th Jan 2021
Since, then receive no update or GU as well. Not sure, how much more time it's gonna take. Do you have any update on your file?
Lack of communication on their part makes it impossible to plan.

Greg1231

Apr 9, 2021

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
AOR - 28th Jan 2021
Hi, absolutely no update so far!
Eligibility is yet to start and I raised request to add spouse as well which has not been looked at yet.
Hoping for Sept 7th!

Gothos

Jan 26, 2021
Does anyone has any information about the efficiency of the Paris visa office? I'm from Iran and somehow my application has ended up in Paris. I've contacted them by email and all they say is "we will contact you if we need anything". I don't know anything about the status of my eligibility and like many others, my life is on hold.

My AOR is Jan 27th 2021. FSW O.