+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

SLDavid

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
I had sent a request to my representative for updates regarding our file and to inform us if there have been any changes in the GCMS notes. She outrighly rejected the idea of helping us with gcms and said that they will not be providing any more updates till the IRCC finalize the application. And then the said that we can remove them as our representatives if we like.

Question is should we do it? Will it any way hamper or delay our application?

Peekapoo

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
I had sent a request to my representative for updates regarding our file and to inform us if there have been any changes in the GCMS notes. She outrighly rejected the idea of helping us with gcms and said that they will not be providing any more updates till the IRCC finalize the application. And then the said that we can remove them as our representatives if we like.

How can they say that...just keep the email with you so later when u get ppr you can sue them

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

It is up to you. Cancelling your representative agreement will not delay your application.

Obviously you should look at your contract with the representative and what they are supposed to do.

But unfortunately this seems to frequently be the case with (some) representatives, they mainly provide the service of filling out the forms and claiming (verbally) that their help is essential and how much they will do to speed things along, and basically do very little or nothing after submitting the forms. If you paid them up front, everything they do later is just a hassle with no extra income for them.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021

You don't need a representative to order your notes. The sponsor can order them at any time. Even though your rep is very rude... Hope you didn't pay them too much... But yeah, just order them yourself. Your rep just doesn't want to do more than they have to. Technically you don't even need them anymore. But that's up to you.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You don't need a representative to order your notes. The sponsor can order them at any time. Even though your rep is very rude... Hope you didn't pay them too much... But yeah, just order them yourself. Your rep just doesn't want to do more than they have to. Technically you don't even need them anymore. But that's up to you.
I should note re: mine above, I was thinking of gckey (my mistake on reading the post). Short form, you're exactly right, if you want gcms notes, order them yourselves.

I can actually understand where rep is coming from - first, they wouldn't order the gcms notes (in almost all cases) without asking for extra money to do it - cheaper and easier for applicant/sponsor to do it themselves.

Second, the gcms notes are very long (like a hundred pages or more), most of which is thoroughly uninteresting and not informative. And they're not easy to interpret. If a rep had to answer every question that would come up from someone who's never seen them before, it could take days of work and mostly not useful.

So honestly if I were in the rep business (and I'm not) - I wouldn't agree to order/share the gcms notes with a client unless agreed in advance on an hourly rate. (And I'd set the rate high to discourage in most cases)

GCMS notes can be very useful at times but the applicant has to want and be willing to do the work.

Reactions: DiiDii

SLDavid

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
I didn't ask them to provide gcms notes, I had already ordered it.. But my request was to check the gcms notes and answer some of my queries in it... Which they denied

SLDavid

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
I should note re: mine above, I was thinking of gckey (my mistake on reading the post). Short form, you're exactly right, if you want gcms notes, order them yourselves.

I can actually understand where rep is coming from - first, they wouldn't order the gcms notes (in almost all cases) without asking for extra money to do it - cheaper and easier for applicant/sponsor to do it themselves.

Second, the gcms notes are very long (like a hundred pages or more), most of which is thoroughly uninteresting and not informative. And they're not easy to interpret. If a rep had to answer every question that would come up from someone who's never seen them before, it could take days of work and mostly not useful.

So honestly if I were in the rep business (and I'm not) - I wouldn't agree to order/share the gcms notes with a client unless agreed in advance on an hourly rate. (And I'd set the rate high to discourage in most cases)

GCMS notes can be very useful at times but the applicant has to want and be willing to do the work.
The applicant has done all the research here while paying the representatives money that has gone in vain. You might be okay with wasting your money on useless reps while I am not...

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The applicant has done all the research here while paying the representatives money that has gone in vain. You might be okay with wasting your money on useless reps while I am not...
I didn't sign the contract with the rep, you did - I don't know what's in it.

I'm just pointing out I can understand why they might believe it's not part of the services they agreed to provide.

Don't like them? Fire them.

Reactions: DiiDii

HPJ

Feb 1, 2020
New Flash:

I have been trying to contact my MP and leaving voice mail everyday. I finally got response from them that they are looking into it. (Though I have very little hope)

Meanwhile, My Father's friend's daughter got her work permit within 12 days after applying for it (My dad didn't understood how mine is waiting for 14+ months and her got within 12 days and scolded at me like a typical Indian dad would do lol)
One of my colleague who was recipient of one of those 27K+ request, his Medical, Bio all done. Background check has already started and might break record of fastest PR I ever know lol. (And he has the same VO - New Delhi)
My sister-in-law's neighbor (both physiotherapist) who applied their PR in November-2020 have already landed in Canada.

And I AGREE, Silent protest sounds perfect but we have to unite and use most of the connections we have to get the maximum coverage from Media. I'm up for it? Can we set a date to protest in front of Minister's "OTTAWA" office (which will get the maximum coverage) making it sure that we follow rules and regulation?

Last edited:

HPJ

Feb 1, 2020
Some here seem to think I like to defend IRCC - but what you describe as the strategy to hit the targets, I can absolutely believe that this would be an approach they would adopt. (Not because I'm anti-government, but because I think this is the way all large bureaucracies, private or govt, tend to think and act in practice)

A few thoughts:
-It will be pointless to attempt to say that this strategy is what is being done UNLESS you can get some actual information through an access to information request.

-Nonetheless, pushing the media and political narrative is the main thing you can do to keep the pressure up.

-Key point: I would STRONGLY suggest adding to your messages that if government wants to meet its targets for immigration, the BEST group to focus on approving quickly is spousal sponsorship applications.

Background: I believe government measures immigration in immigrants that actually arrive and land in Canada. Approvals may be tracked but government sets these targets to get actual new arrivals, and that's what is reported.

In fact, it's a bit odd for government to run these big express entry competitions when the vast majority of those who would get approved right now under Express Entry (for example) cannot even enter Canada due to the covid border restrictions.
Thank you for the suggestion. But most of the request went to deaf ear.

And here's the explanation I got why they pushing newer request:

In addition to bringing down average handling days, Newer applicants (27K+) are majority those who are either already in Canada or have Canadian experience. So, they will not go through hard scrutiny or Visa office restriction of their respective countries.

And the pressure from "Spousal" applicants did forced them to expend and will hire more agents. But I doubt that would be materialized quickly knowing how dysfunctional this minister is. Additional pressure is necessary to dilute resources to older applications.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2021/03/immigration-refugees-and-citizenship-canada-expanding-sydney-office-to-reunite-families-and-improve-processing.html

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
In addition to bringing down average handling days, Newer applicants (27K+) are majority those who are either already in Canada or have Canadian experience. So, they will not go through hard scrutiny or Visa office restriction of their respective countries.
You're right in that the express entry draw (the 27k+ under the most recent 'draw') was, it seems, almost entirely targetted at in-Canada/Canadian experience.

And the pressure from "Spousal" applicants did forced them to expend and will hire more agents. But I doubt that would be materialized quickly knowing how dysfunctional this minister is. Additional pressure is necessary to dilute resources to older applications.
The announcement was vague, but I think worth noting - and being glad - that the pressure seems to have at least had effect of getting them to increase resources for spousal apps. And outland ones at that.

I agree, how effective it will be and particularly at 'unlocking' the hold-ups at some visa offices remains to be seen. But 60+ staff at Sydney is significant.

And I think the suggestion about message remains: if they want to focus on applicants who WILL immigrate and land, spousal is one of the classes that is worth devoting resources to.