+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Hi guys! I've got great news... I just recieved my PPR and pre-arrival email!!
It's been nothing but silence from Mississauga from months, so I'm hoping this means everyone will get some updates soon!
Congratulations! Could you please mention which country is the PA from?

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Also on IRCC website is that they have temporarily decided to accept biometrics previously given in the last ten years. For permanent resident visas.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/general-measures/biometric-exemption-permanent-residence.html

So to confirm: those who have given biometrics in the last ten years for TRV or other should NOT have to give again for permanent residency applications. At least right now - this is a temporary measure to help speed things up, and likely will change in future.
True. I can personally attest.

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Hi,My biometric si sdone.Is there anybody who got passport request recently after submiting biometrcis recently?
When did you get the biometrics request? I never got mine even though i paid the fee and done medical in march, file was transferred to VO also in March. Is there any other Jan applicant who is waiting for biometrics or am i the only one?

Haideen

Jan 8, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-01-2020
AOR Received.
12-02-2020
Med's Request
26-02-2020
Med's Done....
03-03-2020
Received a “Decision Made” in ECAS last week but have not received PPR email and there are no changes in GCKey (still says they are working). Is this normal and should I expect an email soon or is it a ghost update? We haven’t received any changes since March and so hoping this is real. Mississauga office btw.
Hi,

I’m in the same boat. ECAS says we started working on November 21st, I saw decision made in November 26th. But GC KEY still says background in progress, eligibility in progress, application in progress, and additional documents that were submitted in October are still under review. With 9 weeks left in processing on the timeline estimate. PA from USA

Does anybody have experience with this?Also how long btwn decision made on ecas and receiving PPR, if anybody’s has experience with this.

Thanks so much!
Good luck!

Last edited:

Haideen

Jan 8, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-01-2020
AOR Received.
12-02-2020
Med's Request
26-02-2020
Med's Done....
03-03-2020
I came to Canada in a visit visa in April, so it was a update recommended but not required by our representative, on going proof of relationship, cohabitating, and financial support.

Daling

Mar 6, 2016
Hi, I hope can anyone answer my question. I submitted last March my spousal sponsor application but unfortunately I has been returned due to no signature for one document. Last week I submitted the application again but I make sure it was completes. Do you think the processing will start to zero again as the way I submitted before waiting for six months.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi, I hope can anyone answer my question. I submitted last March my spousal sponsor application but unfortunately I has been returned due to no signature for one document. Last week I submitted the application again but I make sure it was completes. Do you think the processing will start to zero again as the way I submitted before waiting for six months.
Since it was returned to you because it was incomplete your app goes back to the bottom of the pile when you re-submit it.

Reactions: LizzieTJ

Daling

Mar 6, 2016
Since it was returned to you because it was incomplete your app goes back to the bottom of the pile when you re-submit it.

It was returned due to 1 signature missing. Even If I had a temporary file number? But the sad thing, they returned the whole documents

Dreamer1990

Nov 29, 2020
Hi ,

i just logged into my gckey and it was Application/Profile updated.Is that the correct ghost update?? Jan2020 app. File transfered to ndvo 11 sep.

thanks