File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Is the criminality complete on your file? That just might be the saving grace. Or file is still “in transit”. Good luck Diidii!
Yes Criminality - Passed, Only Eligibility and Security to go, It's not even started so I don't' have much hope if I'm not even at the 2nd visa office yet. Everyone that was Jan Feb for Jamaica is already there waiting. My but left behind...No pun intended

Reactions: CDNsoldier

lutesgardeb

Feb 14, 2020
Opinion on whether ordering GCMS notes are worth it? I was reading in a previous forum that it takes up to a month to get them back, and that was pre-covid. Anyone with recent experience with this?

Antony12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
Opinion on whether ordering GCMS notes are worth it? I was reading in a previous forum that it takes up to a month to get them back, and that was pre-covid. Anyone with recent experience with this?
We applied in July and received it in September.. there was not extra info than what we were already know from calling cic., our application was showing as received at Mississauga in August., after that no update !!

lutesgardeb

Feb 14, 2020
We applied in July and received it in September.. there was not extra info than what we were already know from calling cic., our application was showing as received at Mississauga in August., after that no update !!
Thanks for the reply. We will start with calling and see where that gets us.

Andy28231

Star Member
Sep 7, 2020
Bangalore, India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO, India
App. Filed.......
25-01-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2020
File Transfer...
02-03-2020
I have a Query, when I have a outland spousal sponsorship application in progress,
1) is there a option of applying for TRV and open work permit?
2) Is it advisable to do so?
3) What are the success rates?

Frankly I am missing my family so much, I am trying to explore what are the other options for me to go and stay with them. I know TRV is an option available, but I am a little scared to do that as in that case I will be living on my savings and will not be allowed to work till I get my PR approved.

Any suggestions ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have a Query, when I have a outland spousal sponsorship application in progress,
1) is there a option of applying for TRV and open work permit?
2) Is it advisable to do so?
3) What are the success rates?

Frankly I am missing my family so much, I am trying to explore what are the other options for me to go and stay with them. I know TRV is an option available, but I am a little scared to do that as in that case I will be living on my savings and will not be allowed to work till I get my PR approved.

Any suggestions ?
1. You can apply for TRV, not open work permit. You'll also not qualify for health care (as far as I'm aware).
2. No harm in doing so for the TRV. Pointless for open work permit.
3. Too variable to say.

Andy28231

Star Member
Sep 7, 2020
Bangalore, India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO, India
App. Filed.......
25-01-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2020
File Transfer...
02-03-2020
1. You can apply for TRV, not open work permit. You'll also not qualify for health care (as far as I'm aware).
2. No harm in doing so for the TRV. Pointless for open work permit.
3. Too variable to say.
Thank you for a quick response.. So TRV is the only option, however by going this route I will be risking my savings which will deplete very fast once I am in Canada without a job. So best bet is sit tight here in India with a job (thankfully I still have it in India), and wait for the PR to happen and with TRV just visit my family for a month or two.. till my PR gets processed...
Lets see thank you for the advise, I try to figure out what works best for me...

Reactions: DiiDii and armoured

Mira2018

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Hi
Is there anyone from Istanbul here ??
I want to ask about how long Time should I take the visa sticker in the passport?
pr visa

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
I submitted a ATIP request for GSMS notes on 1 October, I have yet to get the notes. I sent an email with tracking number requesting a status update. My last request took less than 30 days (post COVID request).

Reactions: lutesgardeb

Antony12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
Thank you for a quick response.. So TRV is the only option, however by going this route I will be risking my savings which will deplete very fast once I am in Canada without a job. So best bet is sit tight here in India with a job (thankfully I still have it in India), and wait for the PR to happen and with TRV just visit my family for a month or two.. till my PR gets processed...
Lets see thank you for the advise, I try to figure out what works best for me...
we applied for TRV in September 2020 and now both PR and TRV are in Submitted state.. no update on both of the applications!! really testing our patience...

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
ECAS update:
PR application status - “Application received”

I got some more info regarding BVO. BOV is one of a handful of offices that is working at full captivity. This month IRCC started (new measure) to disseminate workload to BVO to mitigate backlogs. SVO is still the responsible office for processing and BVO is the office that will (did) upload the application.

Antony12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
Raised a web form and got the below response... is there anything positive about this response?? Any similar experience, pls suggest

Webform response from IRCC:

Here is the current status of your sponsorship application:

· The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney (CPC-S), in Nova Scotia, on January 27, 2020.

• The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if you meet the eligibility requirements for permanent residence,
    • the assessment is still in process at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario (CPC-M).
  • The background verifications are in process.
  • The medical examination results on file are valid.
The next step in the process will be the final decision. Rest assured that we will communicate with you once that decision has been reached.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Raised a web form and got the below response... is there anything positive about this response?? Any similar experience, pls suggest

Webform response from IRCC:

Here is the current status of your sponsorship application:

· The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney (CPC-S), in Nova Scotia, on January 27, 2020.

• The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if you meet the eligibility requirements for permanent residence,
    • the assessment is still in process at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario (CPC-M).
  • The background verifications are in process.
  • The medical examination results on file are valid.
The next step in the process will be the final decision. Rest assured that we will communicate with you once that decision has been reached.
What is your ECAS status?