Star Member
May 14, 2018
Same here
Jan application
Med/Bio/SA done
Moved to MCPC VO in feb!
Dead silent from then
PA india
Hi, I saw your thread in this forum about asking whether sponsor can go to india after sponsor approval..did you get to leave canada after sponsor approval? Were there any issues? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
You guys! i strongly suggest you to go find forums specifically for the VO your file has been transferred to. Just check what 2019 applicants are going through these days so you might have a better understanding of whats going on. For my wifes VO i see many May/June/July 2019 applicants are still waiting for a god damn final approval so we totally lost hope and are now planning accordingly. Not saying its the same for everyone but just go do that and u might get some useful info about how ur VO is handling work these days.

astrosal

Jul 6, 2020
I posted this on another thread but did not get a response so I am hoping someone here can assist.

I am a Jan 2020 applicant.

My wife completed her biometrics in March 2020. Last week they asked her for proof of recent contact, new police certificate (because they are only valid for 3 months) and new biometrics. I was surprised that they asked her for biometrics since she already completed her biometrics in March and was given a biometrics enrollment number.

They did not give us a clear answer when we asked them why did we have to do another biometrics. They simply said that they could not find her biometrics file which does not make any sense because we showed them the biometrics number for March 2020, which is of course valid for 10 years.

I have two questions:

1. Will there be a delay in her application because if the new biometrics number with a later date?
2. What possible reasons are there to redo biometrics?

Thanks in advance

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
So I sent a web form to SVO after receiving an email from CIO Sidney stating SA and that my wife’s file will be processed at SVO.

SVO emailed me back this AM, stating the my wife’s file is in transit form CIO to Beijing VO. They stated that Beijing will process my wife’s file. Very strange as she is from Vietnam.

Anyone else experience this? I did not get any correspondents from CIC regarding the VO change...
Who cares why? You were damning cic for transfer to SVO that you said was super slow VO, now you got your wish and its moving to BVO, so be happy mate! My Ukranian file transferred to LVO that processes all the Arabs with their eternal Security checks and pis*ed off Visa Officers, why not Kiev VO? Nothing about ircc makes sense.

Antony12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
I posted this on another thread but did not get a response so I am hoping someone here can assist.

I am a Jan 2020 applicant.

My wife completed her biometrics in March 2020. Last week they asked her for proof of recent contact, new police certificate (because they are only valid for 3 months) and new biometrics. I was surprised that they asked her for biometrics since she already completed her biometrics in March and was given a biometrics enrollment number.

They did not give us a clear answer when we asked them why did we have to do another biometrics. They simply said that they could not find her biometrics file which does not make any sense because we showed them the biometrics number for March 2020, which is of course valid for 10 years.

I have two questions:

1. Will there be a delay in her application because if the new biometrics number with a later date?
2. What possible reasons are there to redo biometrics?

Thanks in advance

I have seen biometrics asked for second time for few people earlier also... mostly it would be asked when Biometrics given was not clear or some other wrong info shared to them.. Its better to provide it soon as they may put the application on hold until it is provided...

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Who cares why? You were damning cic for transfer to SVO that you said was super slow VO, now you got your wish and its moving to BVO, so be happy mate! My Ukranian file transferred to LVO that processes all the Arabs with their eternal Security checks and pis*ed off Visa Officers, why not Kiev VO? Nothing about ircc makes sense.
Kiev does not process sponsorship files as far as I know. (There may be exceptions from time to time and they can paste the visas in).

I don't understand why they don't send to Warsaw though.

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
I care because
1. I was in the understanding that BVO was closed or did not process family class.
2. And the email I got from CIO clearly said Singapore not Beijing.

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
I called IRCC to confirm that our application is going to BVO vice SVO. They confirmed and said it’s nothing to be concerned about. It’s for workload sharing. They also confirmed criminally is complete but security is in progress.

My questing: Is the police clearance certificate only used for the criminal check? My wife’s PCC will be 12 months old next month.

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I called IRCC to confirm that our application is going to BVO vice SVO. They confirmed and said it’s nothing to be concerned about. It’s for workload sharing. They also confirmed criminally is complete but security is in progress.

My questing: Is the police clearance certificate only side for the criminal check? My wife’s PCC will be 12 months old next month.
If you provided the pcc already, don't worry. They'll ask if they need another. They probably won't.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021

My questing: Is the police clearance certificate only side for the criminal check? My wife’s PCC will be 12 months old next month.
I'm in your exact same boat. It expires the end of Nov. We shall see. It was a pain to get the first one. I don't even think my app has left the building as yet. I just need to forget about it like I did during the first wave. When they're ready for us they will holla right.

Last edited:

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
I
If you provided the pcc already, don't worry. They'll ask if they need another. They probably won't.
It will take and act of parliament to get another one lol. Wife will have to fly back to Vietnam, quarantine, apply, wait extra long “due to COVID-19...” and hopefully allowed back to Canada.

Last edited: