+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

rangerlynch

Jan 23, 2020
Good eve,
I have a question. I came across this article https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions.html#recommended-documents which talks about reuniting families (please look at Immediate family members and documents required) and Canada PR spouse do not need authorization to travel. They are asking to carry some documents like copy of PR card, marriage cert among others.
My question:
Does this mean they can travel without any visa? I'm confused, I have filled in the web form to IRCC to check with them just now. Checking with this group if anyone has insight about this. I'm planning to contact an Immigration attorney as well.
@scylla @canuck_in_uk @cansha @SithLord @canuck78 Please advise

TOli

Oct 8, 2020
Good eve,
I have a question. I came across this article https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions.html#recommended-documents which talks about reuniting families (please look at Immediate family members and documents required) and Canada PR spouse do not need authorization to travel. They are asking to carry some documents like copy of PR card, marriage cert among others.
My question:
Does this mean they can travel without any visa? I'm confused, I have filled in the web form to IRCC to check with them just now. Checking with this group if anyone has insight about this. I'm planning to contact an Immigration attorney as well.
@scylla @canuck_in_uk @cansha @SithLord @canuck78 Please advise
The immediat family members will need a visa to come to Canada unless they from visa exempt countries (visa exempt countries need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) )

rangerlynch

Jan 23, 2020
The immediat family members will need a visa to come to Canada unless they from visa exempt countries (visa exempt countries need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) )
Thank you for your quick response. The current processing time is 248 days for Visitor visa and my spouse is in India. Should I apply for TRV and is there a way to speed up the process bringing in the reuniting families factor?
My timeline
Application sent Jan 6
Biometrics & Medicals Feb 5
Application sent to Mississauga Feb 11

TOli

Oct 8, 2020
Thank you for your quick response. The current processing time is 248 days for Visitor visa and my spouse is in India. Should I apply for TRV and is there a way to speed up the process bringing in the reuniting families factor?
My timeline
Application sent Jan 6
I'm glad I can help.
Yes your spouse should definitely apply for TRV, I'm might be wrong but unfortunately I don't think there is a way to speed up the process. I'm not sure.

raja06042016

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
My timeline
Application sent Jan 6
Same timeline

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
My timeline
Application sent Jan 6
Most likely you'll get through with sponsorship before you get a TRV approval. I'd wait. Plus your at Mississauga. Order your Notes I'm sure you'll hear an answer soon enough. Good luck

Jessie01

Mar 29, 2020
I'm glad I can help.
Yes your spouse should definitely apply for TRV, I'm might be wrong but unfortunately I don't think there is a way to speed up the process. I'm not sure.
Same timeline as well.
Application received Jan 09
Bio & medical done on Feb 11
Application sent to Mississauga Feb 14
Status changed to Application received on Feb 23
No updates after since Feb 23.

CVApp09

Oct 2, 2020
My timeline
Application sent Jan 6
I too have the same time line.

Bio & medical done on Feb 14
Status changed to Application received on Feb 18
PA from India

I am also confused whether to apply for TRV or not because VFS global are still closed in India and both the cases there will be a Passport submit request. And it cannot happen until VFS is open.

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
So I sent a web form to SVO after receiving an email from CIO Sidney stating SA and that my wife’s file will be processed at SVO.

SVO emailed me back this AM, stating the my wife’s file is in transit form CIO to Beijing VO. They stated that Beijing will process my wife’s file. Very strange as she is from Vietnam.

Anyone else experience this? I did not get any correspondents from CIC regarding the VO change...

Last edited:

harmeet25

Star Member
Dec 13, 2016
Today I called IRCC regarding my application. They told me that we have passed criminality but Security has not yet started.

Dream_2020

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
Same timeline as well.
Bio & medical done on Feb 11
Status changed to Application received on Feb 23
No updates after since Feb 23.
We have the same timeline.
No update since February as well

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Application Received: Jan 16
VO: Mississauga

ECAS is showing Application received since March
Mine also at CPC-M since Jan 30th. I ordered GCMS notes and they said the same. Eligibility and security were not started. Although I had a ghost update on Oct 19th. Let's see what's coming in a week or so.