+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

hasans1990

Dec 1, 2015
Hi Guys! does anybody have any news from the London VO. My wife got the AOR2 from London VO in early August that our file started processing on July 30th. Can anybody tell me how long is the process from AOR2?

yannezie

May 8, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
AOR Received.
15-01-2020
File Transfer...
09-03-2020
Med's Request
17-02-2020
Med's Done....
26-02-2020
Hi Guys! does anybody have any news from the London VO. My wife got the AOR2 from London VO in early August that our file started processing on July 30th. Can anybody tell me how long is the process from AOR2?
As mentioned previously no one knows how long they will process, it depends if the PA has lots of travel history or how complex it is.. and also note that LVO is handling lots of countries .

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
we got a gckey ghost last monday...u will get up to 3 ghosts of christmas past before ppr...

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Soooo I decided to call IRCC today. Good and ok news. The rep I got told me that our Background checks and everything but security has passed. However the file is still sitting in an office somewhere in Sydney NS.... He said it could mean that they might be digitizing it. However he's not sure of that process. So I should sit tight for a bit to see what happens there. Can't believe I haven't been moved yet. Just hope it's a good thing in the long run.

rohitsagwal

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
Soooo I decided to call IRCC today. Good and ok news. The rep I got told me that our Background checks and everything but security has passed. However the file is still sitting in an office somewhere in Sydney NS.... He said it could mean that they might be digitizing it. However he's not sure of that process. So I should sit tight for a bit to see what happens there. Can't believe I haven't been moved yet. Just hope it's a good thing in the long run.
I called them up yesterday and rep told me that eligibility and security hasn't even started yet. I was and I am still surprised to hear that as my app was received on Jan 16 just about your time. In GC key, it says that we are processing your background check and determining your eligibility. I wonder how much digitization would help in speeding up the process

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
I called them up yesterday and rep told me that eligibility and security hasn't even started yet. I was and I am still surprised to hear that as my app was received on Jan 16 just about your time. In GC key, it says that we are processing your background check and determining your eligibility. I wonder how much digitization would help in speeding up the process
Not much I don't think. They're just not mailing files. Hopefully they know how to use the software required lol. Then we'll have to deal with learning curves. Either way it will just aide in the time it takes to mail the files there. I can't believe they haven't digitized this process a long time ago. It's 2020 for goodness sake.

They said 2nd office does security and eligibility. So we are stuck until they do it.

Reactions: rohitsagwal

rohitsagwal

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
Not much I don't think. They're just not mailing files. Hopefully they know how to use the software required lol. Then we'll have to deal with learning curves. Either way it will just aide in the time it takes to mail the files there. I can't believe they haven't digitized this process a long time ago. It's 2020 for goodness sake.

They said 2nd office does security and eligibility. So we are stuck until they do it.
Which 2nd office the rep mentioned in case you know? I agree they should have digitized it long back. If they are not mailing files and still in the process of setting it up online, then how come some people have received their decisions on their apps. It seems not everyone's file is being stuck right now.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Which 2nd office the rep mentioned in case you know? I agree they should have digitized it long back. If they are not mailing files and still in the process of setting it up online, then how come some people have received their decisions on their apps. It seems not everyone's file is being stuck right now.
Yes I believe that files have been sent digitally since covid. But the files that have been done quickly are transferred within Canada. Or were already at the visa office prior to the shutdown.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
They can tell you on the phone about Security has passed or not? What about eligibility?
The guy I spoke to did. He said my background was passed but they can't start security until it hits my home office. Which is Kingston Jamaica.

• Wow
Reactions: Phalos

MalekM

Jan 31, 2020
Good evening,

Does anyone know if I have my COPR and decide to transit to a country like France before going to Canada, Will I be permitted to stop in France? My wife is coming from a visa required country and there hasn't been a flight to or from Canada since March, and at this point, its looking like there won't be any flights for quite some more time....if that's the case, then my question is if she can stop in Europe without a visa, then take a flight to Canada from there?

May 28, 2019
In my understanding, Visitor records are normally issued for extra 6 months (normal allowed time for visit visa). But if you have genuine reasons for extended stay, you can ask for that ....like health issues for travelling, pregnancy, even Covid. Its better to Keep a LOE with your application stating the request and the reason!! It may get approved but solely depends on the Visa officer..
Thank you. Is it OK to file the visitor record after the TRV doc has expired but you've got your 6 months window of stay in Canada still active? Just curious!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Good evening,

Does anyone know if I have my COPR and decide to transit to a country like France before going to Canada, Will I be permitted to stop in France? My wife is coming from a visa required country and there hasn't been a flight to or from Canada since March, and at this point, its looking like there won't be any flights for quite some more time....if that's the case, then my question is if she can stop in Europe without a visa, then take a flight to Canada from there?
YOu'll have to check with the airline for the specific country. Usually for countries like France one can stay in the international zone of the airport, but again, the airline should know and not (for example) transfer you to a different airport or terminal without arrangements.

In other words, it's a French/airline/airport thing, nothing to do with Canada.

Reactions: MalekM

TJMacPh

Oct 24, 2020
We've been lurking here for a while and figured we'd post our timelines since we don't see too many re-medicals.

PA: Philippines
VO: Mississauga

Application sent: 20/01
Application received: 23/01
AOR1: 05/02
Medical requested: 17/02
Medical passed: 15/06 (Required re-medical for TB)
Move to VO: 20/02
Biometrics requested: 27/02
Biometrics passed: 04/03
GCKey Ghost update: 20/10

Antony12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
Thank you. Is it OK to file the visitor record after the TRV doc has expired but you've got your 6 months window of stay in Canada still active? Just curious!
It’s better to apply for visitor record before expiry of your TRV to secure your future visits to Canada.. one thing you can do is to apply for visitor record to the end of TRV.. maybe like 1 or 2 weeks to expiry.. then your status will go to implied status and you can legally stay in Canada until you get a decision in your application