+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

1melisheikh

Aug 27, 2020
When any of you went for your medical did they offer you a covid test? Even know you have no signs of it of sick at all. I’m kinda confused I told my husband to get it anyways I’m just wondering why they offered to do it with the medical.

Shickaa

Apr 3, 2020
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
16-01-2020
AOR Received.
31-01-2020
Med's Request
27-02-2020
Med's Done....
16-03-2020
Hi
Anyone get medical request from January ??? (Montréal)
Outland
Yes, had it done and passed since March. Never heard anything ever since.

jaik

Nov 25, 2013
Hi All,

I have few a question regarding my application.

1. At what stage does the background check of PA takes place? FYI: PA is from India. Immediately after I received AOR1 GC key showed background check in process. I thought background check is takes place after biometrics and medical examination results has been received by IRCC and the application has been moved to VO. Not sure why in my case the background check was initiated right after AOR1? Does it mean after the application has been moved to the VO we will directly get PPR as background check would be done by then? Can someone please clarify?
2. PA has received biometrics request but VAC in Ahemdabad, India is currently closed. Is there any Sponsor or PA on this thread from this city who has any idea about VAC re-opening date? Their website shows closed till September 30, 2020; but they keep extending the closure from past few months.
3. After medical examination has been given, how will IRCC notify us that the results has been received and medical examination has been passed? Approximately how long it takes?
4. Can file be moved to VO after medical examination passed, even if the biometrics is still pending?

Here is my application timeline:

-> Application delivered at Sydney, NS: January 2, 2020 (as per courier tracking number)
-> AOR1: March 1, 2020 (AOR1 stated IRCC received application on February 19, 2020. No idea what happened to my application for 7 weeks after it was delivered till I got AOR1. Tried to reach out to IRCC to get explanation for this, but all I got was the standard response)
-> Background check in process: March 1, 2020
-> Biometrics requested: September 17, 2020
-> Medical Examination requested: September 18, 2020
-> Medical Examination given: September 21, 2020 (tomorrow)
-> Decision made for SA on ECAS: September 18, 2020 (I did not get any email regarding what the decision is about, but assuming its SA)

Thanks!
Hi There,

We are in the same boat, my spouse got her Biometric day before yesterday but VFS Ahmedabad is closed and so we are in limbo too. I think we better check VFS website regularly for any updates. Best of luck.

1melisheikh

Aug 27, 2020
My husband did his medical test today on our anniversary and I was wondering how long will it take for it to show up onto the status bar?