+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
I got the SA email today. Wife’s file is being transferred to SVO. FML!
Buddy, what do you care where your file is transferred to?, your wife is with you and she is on implied status, therefore she doensn't have to leave Canada for the duration of the application.

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
Buddy, what do you care where your file is transferred to?, your wife is with you and she is on implied status, therefore she doensn't have to leave Canada for the duration of the application.
Implied status is an immigration concept enacted when an individual with temporary status in Canada makes a new application to extend their temporary status.

You do not get a implied status when you apply for Permanent Residency in any category. If his spouse is in Canada with him, they would have to extend their TRV once it expires and she will be able to remain in Canada until they make a decision on her TRV application.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Implied status is an immigration concept enacted when an individual with temporary status in Canada makes a new application to extend their temporary status.

You do not get a implied status when you apply for Permanent Residency in any category. If his spouse is in Canada with him, they would have to extend their TRV once it expires and she will be able to remain in Canada until they make a decision on her TRV application.
Great so keep extending the TRV then, people have done it 2-3 times and in the end the application is gonna be almost done, even if you have to wait 3 months abroad its not as bad as being 12 months apart.

Reactions: kentucky_mule

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
Great so keep extending the TRV then, people have done it 2-3 times and in the end the application is gonna be almost done, even if you have to wait 3 months abroad its not as bad as being 12 months apart.
That is true but that being said, extension of TRV is not almost guaranteed so they might have to stay apart.

Anyways good luck to them and all.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Bitter much... No not everyone gets to wait it out with their spouse but it's still progress. It's an update that some of us aren't getting. It helps some people so no need for all of that.

Reactions: CDNsoldier

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Bitter much... No not everyone gets to wait it out with their spouse but it's still progress. It's an update that some of us aren't getting. It helps some people so no need for all of that.
He's the one who said "FML", I was just looking at the upside of things. Not sure what you mean by an update that some of us aren't getting...

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Lol I got mine yesterday. Was wondering what happened to my transfer. Looks like a bunch of people were transferred yesterday. Congrats hopefully the secondary offices start working ASAP. Kingston isn't active right now :(
The irony is that KVO was the office to process my wife’s TRV after Vietnam and France both denied the application. What a mess!

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Correction, she is NOT on implied stays. She is here on a TRV. No health coverage and now WP.

She takes care of my daughter so I can got to work and do what my country need from me in a global pendemic. If she wasn’t here I would be sitting on my ass at home collecting a paycheque from all the hard-working taxpayers.

SVO is one of the slowest offices, that is why I said FML.

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship

Bang on!

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Hey everybody,
Things are definitely moving, I got a call this morning from CIC to confirm my status and my situation with my partner. And I received my COPR today!
Hopefully everybody here will receive there COPR soon.
Cheers
Congrats. Could you please share your timeline and mention which VO? Also where the PA is from if you dont mind. Thanks

clemmichel

May 8, 2020
PA: France but I am living in Canada already.
VO: Sydney then Mississauga

PR application sent: 20/01/20
AOR1: 13/02
Biometrics requested: 13/02
Biometrics passed: 14/02
Medical requested: 14/02
Medical passed: 19/02 (approved 04/03 on CIC)
Application moved to VO: 20/02
Sponsor approved: 14/02
Decision Made: 05/10
COPR: 14/10

Reactions: TOli

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
PA: France but I am living in Canada already.
VO: Sydney then Mississauga

PR application sent: 20/01/20
AOR1: 13/02
Biometrics requested: 13/02
Biometrics passed: 14/02
Medical requested: 14/02
Medical passed: 19/02 (approved 04/03 on CIC)
Application moved to VO: 20/02
Sponsor approved: 14/02
Decision Made: 05/10
COPR: 14/10
Congratulations again! Very happy for you and thanks for sharing.
Unfortunately it is not the same with the other VOs around the world but anyone who gets a great news like that gives the rest of us hope.

Reactions: DiiDii