+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
Yes he has an email stating medical expires March 2022 so they have extended it but just unsure what stage we are at and what’s next. Had pre arrival letter about 6 weeks ago and system still says awaiting medical but they have his medical - was gonna get the notes but hoping by 30 days we hear something . Where are you at? Do you know the process?
Sorry what do you mean next step is DM?
That hopefully once they have a valid police certificate on file, as long as there aren’t any security or criminality concerns, they will make a (likely positive) decision on your file. You’ve already received pre-arrival which is generally accepted to suggest eligibility is passed so barring any other concerns you’re on the right track, although difficult for anyone to give you a timeline with any certainty.
I found this post from the London thread useful in understanding the process, it might be helpful for you. (It says London VO but it seems unlikely any other local VO deviates massively from the general process)

tracyjoyce

Jun 23, 2021
That hopefully once they have a valid police certificate on file, as long as there aren’t any security or criminality concerns, they will make a (likely positive) decision on your file. You’ve already received pre-arrival which is generally accepted to suggest eligibility is passed so barring any other concerns you’re on the right track, although difficult for anyone to give you a timeline with any certainty.

I found this post from the London thread useful in understanding the process, it might be helpful for you. (It says London VO but it seems unlikely any other local VO deviates massively from the general process)
Thank you very much. I have been so stressed and worried by all this. His police check was clear and his medical was clear so there will be no issues there. Just wondering why this process is so long and how long it usually takes. Havnt heard from Vienna for 4 weeks now and no idea how much longer is left. I leave in 7 weeks for Canada as I start work and really want him coming with me :( I’ve been so worried about the length of time as been 18 months already. I’m crying and praying all gets sorted soon x

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
Thank you very much. I have been so stressed and worried by all this. His police check was clear and his medical was clear so there will be no issues there. Just wondering why this process is so long and how long it usually takes. Havnt heard from Vienna for 4 weeks now and no idea how much longer is left. I leave in 7 weeks for Canada as I start work and really want him coming with me :( I’ve been so worried about the length of time as been 18 months already. I’m crying and praying all gets sorted soon x
I can totally understand your pain and stress, same situation here. All you can do is remain positive and take solace that you’re not alone in this.
I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you and I hope good things are coming your way in due course!

Reactions: tracyjoyce

tracyjoyce

Jun 23, 2021
I can totally understand your pain and stress, same situation here. All you can do is remain positive and take solace that you’re not alone in this.
I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you and I hope good things are coming your way in due course!
Thank you so much. What’s your timeline? Is this for your family? When I look on the government websites it says they are still finalising applications from August 2019 so still another 6 months to wait as we didn’t apply till Feb! Any advice? Are we on the right track? Having the pre approval letter is positive and requesting a new police check also positive so assuming something should happen soon just wish we knew when as I leave in 7 weeks for Canada :(

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
Thank you so much. What’s your timeline? Is this for your family? When I look on the government websites it says they are still finalising applications from August 2019 so still another 6 months to wait as we didn’t apply till Feb! Any advice? Are we on the right track? Having the pre approval letter is positive and requesting a new police check also positive so assuming something should happen soon just wish we knew when as I leave in 7 weeks for Canada :(
I wouldn’t read too much into the August 2019 date, judging by the anecdotal evidence on here those who submitted later than that are having applications finalised so don’t let this be a cause of concern for you.

tracyjoyce

Jun 23, 2021
I only found this out via my GCMS notes but I did my medical in March 2020 too and they extended the validity through until the end of March 2022. I’ve also just been asked for a new police check. It might be worth requesting GCMS notes if you haven’t already and you might be able to check this, although they take 30 days to process.
What stage is your application? You said they extended medical until March 2022 the same as my bf. They have also asked him for a new police check which he supplied 4 weeks ago and had his pre arrival letter about 6-7 weeks ago. What’s next? Does anyone know the next steps or how long this part takes? It’s been 18 months already :(

ankitptrivedi

Jun 7, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
27-06-2018
My application to sponsor my wife says it was updated. When I went it, the medical section says ‘We are reviewing the results of your medical exam’. I don’t remember exactly but I think earlier it said something else. I’m not sure if that’s what changed.
Ecas shows no change - still Application Received.

AoR: 14 January 2020
CPC-M

ankitptrivedi

Jun 7, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
27-06-2018
My application to sponsor my wife says it was updated. When I went it, the medical section says ‘We are reviewing the results of your medical exam’. I don’t remember exactly but I think earlier it said something else. I’m not sure if that’s what changed.
Ecas shows no change - still Application Received.

AoR: 14 January 2020
CPC-M
Ecas now shows In Process - Medical results have been received.

Jobinachu55

Nov 14, 2018
Hi guys,
I have a doubt i already applied spousal sponsership on last jan 2020.Last month i came to india to visit my wife because there was no update on my application .last week she got an update and i hope she will get her ppr soon.so is it possible for us to travel together to canada or do i need to go first because the sponser should reside in canada.? My lawyer advice me to go to canada first so can any one suggest me about this?? Because i am so confused??

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It is safer for you to return as soon as feasible. As a or you're required to he resident in Canada. Shirt trips are fine, longer and there is a risk

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Hi guys,
I have a doubt i already applied spousal sponsership on last jan 2020.Last month i came to india to visit my wife because there was no update on my application .last week she got an update and i hope she will get her ppr soon.so is it possible for us to travel together to canada or do i need to go first because the sponser should reside in canada.? My lawyer advice me to go to canada first so can any one suggest me about this?? Because i am so confused??
Unless you or someone inform ircc you are abroad, they wont find out.
Enjoy your spouse and fly back together, congrats!