+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 on wards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR connect here.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I am still waiting for my AOR
I expect my AOR in November or December
on the checklist, it says that you don't require any test if you are under NOC O, A or B
and IRCC website clearly says to follow the checklist without any extra documents.
I cannot find anything on checklist just says that you need valid ielts for Noc c and D ? Can u tell me where it says ?

Reactions: manku_patel

jasonliuengr

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-05-2020
Nomination.....
20-04-2020
AOR Received.
06-11-2020
Med's Done....
05-12-2020
LANDED..........
15-02-2021
Can anyone please help me I’m really depressed
Do we have to submit ielts with our paper pr application if nominated under Noc O?
Qoute from the official website (Date modified: 2018-11-07): https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/language-requirements/requirements-provincial-nominees.html
  • If the province or territory selected “no” in the “Test Required", then the province or territory has determined that the applicant meets one of the exceptions and the applicant is not required to include a copy of language test results with their application for permanent residence.

Qoute from the Paper Based Application Checklist (10-2019): https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5690e.pdf
You must include a copy of your language test results with your application to CIC.

From what I understand, if you didn't submit a language test during the provincial nomination, you probably don't need it. There seems a contradiction between the information from the government website and from the checklist . It is a bit confusing. I saw someone has successfully gone through the process in NOC class A without attaching the language test result but still, I am not going to take any responsibility for any outcome if you decide to submit language test or not.
The only information I can tell you about myself is I am under NOC class A and did not submit a language test, and I have not yet received an AOR so, I can't confirm it yet.

Last edited:

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Qoute from the official website (Date modified: 2018-11-07): https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/language-requirements/requirements-provincial-nominees.html
  • If the province or territory selected “no” in the “Test Required", then the province or territory has determined that the applicant meets one of the exceptions and the applicant is not required to include a copy of language test results with their application for permanent residence.

Qoute from the Paper Based Application Checklist (10-2019): https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5690e.pdf
You must include a copy of your language test results with your application to CIC.

From what I understand, if you didn't submit a language test during the provincial nomination, you probably don't need it. There seems a contradiction between the information from the government website and from the checklist . It is a bit confusing. I saw someone has successfully gone through the process in NOC class A without attaching the language test result but still, I am not going to take any responsibility for any outcome if you decide to submit language test or not.
The only information I can tell you about myself is I am under NOC class A and did not submit a language test, and I have not yet received an AOR so, I can't confirm it yet.
Yes I think so that’s it’s only required for Noc C and D application. On pnp website it says too that you don’t need language test for Noc 0 and A but needs for B.

Reactions: jasonliuengr

Neyoyo

Star Member
Feb 2, 2020
I am still waiting for my AOR
I expect my AOR in November or December
on the checklist, it says that you don't require any test if you are under NOC O, A or B
and IRCC website clearly says to follow the checklist without any extra documents.
Your provincial nomination letter will state if you need test of english or not?

Neoprovip

May 19, 2019
Any one got nominations who applied in april 2020
My pnp nominate issued(skill worker): Jan 30 2020.
Submit PR base application and CIC center received; signed on: Mar 12 2020.
Pnp expired: Jul 28 2020.
Still waiting AOR... like a lot of members here! I HEARD THAT 1 MEMBER RECEIVED AOR WITH AR ON EARLY MAR 2020 ALREADY. THIS IS A GOOD SIGN FOR US